*****The Official Rangers v Motherwell Match Thread*****

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Kaiser mate . Surely a lot of credit has to go the Manager today .

We were absolutely horrific first half . He did not wait the MW 60mins to do something about it .

He hauled off 3 players that were debatably pitiful on the day . Although Wallace had an injury .

The second half was a lot better although we could still have lost .

He is finding out the dross we have .

As I said to Gmcf at the game . I would rather we had some poor games like these . I don't want us having lots of great games and our Manager thinking they can be kept .

The 2 OF games aside ,where I do want us as our optimum  . The rest for me will be finding out how good or bad this bunch of players are.

We know the answer to that .

Thy are a team full of losers .Now 10 points behind a second place side on April 1st . A disgrace for our club .

I want the manager to find out very quickly so he can get the required players in for next season

I think you are right he does deserve credit and the sooner the manager judges the guys character the better.

The managers needs time and it's something I'll be giving him even while Scottish media already have a target on his back .

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Imagine the difference it would make if we sold McKay for 3 million and bought two solid, no-nonsense CB's with that. 

Instant improvement all round. 

It's not just solid players,They have to be quality players.

You can't buy 1 good quality defender for £3m never mind 2 and quality is whats required for next season,But i won't be holding my breath on millions being spent to bring the quality in for a title challenge.

Won't be surprised if it's another Warburton situation where the new manager just brings in players he has worked with and Mexican and Qatari players won't improve the quality of our team for next season,Even if he signs his godson.

1 minute ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

It's not just solid players,They have to be quality players.

You can't buy 1 good quality defender for £3m never mind 2 and quality is whats required for next season,But i won't be holding my breath on millions being spent to bring the quality in for a title challenge.

Won't be surprised if it's another Warburton situation where the new manager just brings in players he has worked with and Mexican and Qatari players won't improve the quality of our team for next season,Even if he signs his godson.

You can with the right scouting. Anything is possible. 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You can with the right scouting. Anything is possible. 

Mark my words,The vendors will be selling Mexican hats outside the stadium with a free Taco or Tortilla and as a welcome to our new Qatari players to make them feel at home there will be a huge sandcastle behind the Broomie family section with free bucket and spades for the kids. The Louden Tavern will be giving away free tea towels and snakebelts with every pint while telling us about the twenty 60in HD tellies.

Once the Mexicans have tasted the pishing rain and freezing weather of Scotland, They will steal the free buckets and spades from the kids and procede to dig a tunnel back to Mexico. 

:digging:

4 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

Any dedicated full backs or good CB's there?

What a fucking disaster!

Apparently Hill had an injury..

The other 2 are a bit dodgy sounding because both of them were playing absolutely shite 

Also...Pedro's options are limited...we've got 1 left back...3 playable centre backs and 2 right backs 

Hardly spoilt for choice...

Just now, CottonRunt said:

End of the day we either need a shit load of money spent, or to find about 5 gems for under 500k each.

Don't think either will happen tbh.

The squad is stinking and the manager is not going to change that anytime soon without a vast amount of money.

We require heavy investment because just now we are behind the sheep in terms of quality never mind the tims. That's not what folk want to hear or believe but the table and results don't lie. Unless King and Co invest millions then there is not a chance in fuck we will be challenging for the league next season. 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

He's a woeful player. Was it Granada he came from? looks everybit of a lowly La Liga side reserve player. 

Thought he was good against Hamilton, but shit today and most of the rest of the time. Has some qualities, but fuck me he needs to light a fire under his own arse.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Thought he was good against Hamilton, but shit today and most of the rest of the time. Has some qualities, but fuck me he needs to light a fire under his own arse.

That's what I mean, good against Hamilton and rotten the rest of the time. He's rank dude.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's what I mean, good against Hamilton and rotten the rest of the time. He's rank dude.

Yeah, so far he is. 

Ah well, at least he doesn't have a contract, unlike some.

2 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Looks to have been a totally disgusting performance by the reactions on here.

Never seen the game but we know this team is full of inconsistencies all over the field so no real surprise at points dropped.

however going back to kings last interview,he is expecting PC to get more out of these players but we have to ask why?  When we sign so many players from lowly clubs and players that have had more clubs than a tim has had hot dinners then it doesn't matter how much we pay them- they simply will not improve.

the attitude of the players is unacceptable the majority of the time and they must be replaced asap.

The problem with low level players is, that their worst performance is very poor.. we need players who, when performing badly, still perform better than our opponents. We have players who, on their day, can perform very well, but, every dog has its day - we have players that are inconsistent and dont perform at a high enough level at their worst.

40 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Reality is, if it hadn't been for Fod, we could've been on the end of a 3 or 4/1 drubbing. 

Yup I thought that was terrible today. Whilst we all wanted to be more direct we should not be trying to make every pass a forward one. Even Pirlo couldn't  play that many good ones. We just end-up giving possession away and becoming as predictable and easy to deal with as when we concentrate too much on possession. Now we seem to be hitting the ball forward for the sake of it without much hope of success. That lot ended up just having to press to make us go long or play it forward. We should still be aiming to control possession whilst be more direct.

I still can't even begin to think what tactical acumen Pedro was using when he decided to take the defence off either. I've never seen that one before and hopefully never will again. Motherwell were already proving dangerous in the first half but were winning every challenge by the second half thanks to having no defence. Fuck knows what it means but if he done that in Europe or against the filth it could be horrendous. It's a more ludicrous decision than Warburton made at Parkhead. 

Shite all round from us today and no chance are we coming second :no:

6 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Just in from the match, 2nd half was unbelievable, never seen us play like that home or away

A back 3 of Halliday/Toral/Kiernan to start with and eventually to a 4 with O'hallaron dropping in at right back

Nice to see a manager with a plan B and trying something else, hopefully Garner showed him enough to get a start on Wednesday night over Waghorn 

Just shows you how poor the squad is

38 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Like I said before people started creaming themselves over him against Hamilton, Jon Toral is the worst technical player Arsenal have produced in years. 

Zelalem is twice the player he is. 

A lot of praise for Toral last week that I didn't understand.  Not a bad player,  just not particularly good. Hyndman has much more skill,  but was not physically strong enough today.

We were truly shambolic in the first half and it looked like the players had never played together or had ever seen a football; hard to believe it had been an intensive two weeks of work.

The second half was frightening and exciting but if we had been playing a side not battling relegation it would have been a really embarrassing drubbing.