Mo Johnston's Signing

Tom0411

Do you think with all the stuff out there i.e. Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, all the internet forums etc. that a signing like Mo Johnston's nowadays could be kept secret right up until they walked through the door into the press room?

4 minutes ago, Tom0411 said:

Do you think with all the stuff out there i.e. Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, all the internet forums etc. that a signing like Mo Johnston's nowadays could be kept secret right up until they walked through the door into the press room?

Doubt it, Kerryfail would be all over it like a rash?

fuck knows, but it was the start of our eventual decline into 2nd rate citizens in our own country, once we allowed high profile catholics into our great institution they quickly spread across the whole of our game and our country like a parasitic plague unable to be rid of

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

fuck knows, but it was the start of our eventual decline into 2nd rate citizens in our own country, once we allowed high profile catholics into our great institution they quickly spread across the whole of our game and our country like a parasitic plague unable to be rid of

High profile Catholic in name only, Mo doesn't strike me as a church goer ?, wait a minute that means he's your typical Catholic who's more stubborn than devout.

I dont think we would have known. I once heard Paul Burns , Smiths business partner, claim he knew about it all along but I doubt him. Souness would have kicked Smiths arse down the Drive and Wattie would not have become a millionaire.

Don't be silly, we still had radar etc back then. We might not have had the internet, but older forms of monitoring technology were in existence and that coupled with fans brains, which resulted in fans thought, still allowed for complaints via the written letter, halifax, and digital torch communication. We as rangers fans have always had a vast comprehension and knowledge of signal conditioning which would have kept such information unwavering and true, and made sure it got to where it needed to go.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

Don't be silly, we still had radar etc back then. We might not have had the internet, but older forms of monitoring technology were in existence and that coupled with fans brains, which resulted in fans thought, still allowed for complaints via the written letter, halifax, and digital torch communication. We as rangers fans have always had a vast comprehension and knowledge of signal conditioning which would have kept such information unwavering and true, and made sure it got to where it needed to go.

That and the fact Johnstone told a wee bird in the tanning salon he visited that he was signing for rangers...

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

Aye that too :p:

True story.

My wife who was my  Girlfriend ato the time worked in the  office upstairs from the tanning salon and knew the girls that worked there. She came home one night and said to me " Gillian says mo  Johnstone is signing for rangers"

I was like "AYE THAT WILL BE FUCKIN RIGHT, DONT TALK SHITE" . Then he signed.

I heard a rumour  from exactly the same place (he was friends with the tanning salon owner as I recollect) that he nearly re-signed for us from Everton as well  though it fell through at the last minute.

I was telling everybody that johnstone was re signing because i had been burned the first time as well.

6 hours ago, Tom0411 said:

Would be hard to keep the signing of a 53 year old former striker a secret. 

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

True story.

My wife who was my  Girlfriend ato the time worked in the  office upstairs from the tanning salon and knew the girls that worked there. She came home one night and said to me " Gillian says mo  Johnstone is signing for rangers"

I was like "AYE THAT WILL BE FUCKIN RIGHT, DONT TALK SHITE" . Then he signed.

I heard a rumour  from exactly the same place (he was friends with the tanning salon owner as I recollect) that he nearly re-signed for us from Everton as well  though it fell through at the last minute.

I was telling everybody that johnstone was re signing because i had been burned the first time as well.

Silly Ginger cunt going on a sunbed must have looked like a red traffic light.