The Scottish Premiership players with contracts running out in the summer

Smile

1 hour ago, bgally said:

If they're all that good how come they're being freed at the end of the season ?  more to the point why has no club snapped them up on pre's ? 

There's a difference in being freed and a player not wanting to sign a new deal and wanting to move on.

It's not common for players to sign pre-contracts this early anymore. Most wait until closer to the summer to give themselves more options.

I don't want any of them but you're talking mince.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, bgally said:

If they're all that good how come they're being freed at the end of the season ?  more to the point why has no club snapped them up on pre's ? 

They're not being freed they've let their contracts run down. Aberdeen are desperate to keep Jack. Hearts Knew Patterson would be away in the summer so were looking to cash in. 

I'm sure Jack has had plenty of pre-contract offers already. He's probably, quite sensibly, waiting until the end of the season to asses his options. 

Patterson, like I said previously, is a risk with his injury. So teams will be more cautious. 

33 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Are any of them really enough of an improvement on what we already have in the way of dead wood?

Short answer NO!

Both Jack and Patterson have performed consitently better in the top flight than Halliday and Tavernier. 

2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Nah Tav just has no positional sense. No awareness of where he's supposed to be at all. 

Coach him all you like, he'll never learn that.

That's a myth due to the playing style of the previous manager. Nothing to do with coaching. His positional sense was absolutely fine in the cup semi last season so he can do it when required. I'm certainly willing to give him a chance under a new manager.

7 hours ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Absolute nonsense. We've signed plenty of players from teams in our league that have went on to be successful with us. Of course we should be looking further afield as well, but if there's talent close to home we should definitely be trying to sign them up. 

Yes we signed players with potential that were good players. Not freebies that no one else wants 

You get plenty of players who clubs are desperate to tie down to new deals but the player won't commit and just because a player hasn't agreed a pre contract it doesn't mean nobody wants them and they are on the verge of being thrown on the scrapheap either.

You can't just simplify it and say that every single player who is out of contract is a player that isn't good enough for their current club or is a player nobody else wants because that clearly isn't the case.

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You get plenty of players who clubs are desperate to tie down to new deals but the player won't commit and just because a player hasn't agreed a pre contract it doesn't mean nobody wants them and they are on the verge of being thrown on the scrapheap either.

You can't just simplify it and say that every single player who is out of contract is a player that isn't good enough for their current club or is a player nobody else wants because that clearly isn't the case.

Think a lot of players will hang off signing a pre contract too because football can change so quickly and they could find themselves signed up and then the club changes manager etc 

3 hours ago, loyalfollower said:

Yes we signed players with potential that were good players. Not freebies that no one else wants 

Did you even bother reading the rest of the thread before you replied? 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I can simplify it by saying none of them are of the quality we require to win the league. We don't need anymore squad fillers or bench warmers, we need proven quality that will dramatically improve our starting 11. 

None of them fit the bill. 

11 hours ago, bgally said:

Aye , but we usually pay for them as they're the better players in their respective teams.

This list is just the shite that no one wants.

I'm pretty sure Celtic signed Gordon and Armstrong while they were out of contract.  Although I might be getting mixed up with GMS.

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm pretty sure Celtic signed Gordon and Armstrong while they were out of contract.  Although I might be getting mixed up with GMS.

They got GMS and Armstrong in a double deal on precontracts only to sign them for a fee to get them early

20 minutes ago, loyalfollower said:

What does that have to do with any of that pish list of players available?  Not one of them is Rangers class 

"Rangers class". Get a fucking grip of yourself and get your head into 2017. Rangers class is meaningless these days, and so is this ridiculous mentality that any player that doesn't play for Rangers is shite. Ryan Jack and Callum Patterson are marked improvements on Tavernier and Halliday, it's as simple as that.