European football

1 minute ago, KWBear said:

you'd hope so. still not sure if it was warburton who made a monumental cunt of the transfer windows and pished away what money he had, or if it was the board that didnt want to pony up the funds leaving him with his hands tied and having to shop in really atrocious markets for bog standard shite. 

troubling. we need some serious investment, if we are humming and hawing about £500k fees with St Johnstone again then i think i'll fucking hang myself. 

I'd like to think the new boss would have got some promise of cash to spend. If he thinks we can compete with this squad then we really are fucked. I'm sure he could get more out of them but it will never be enough.

I'm sure King won't let us down, ha

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if we get to the last qualifying round it would be a decent achievement with the squad we have at the moment. If we add 4 quality players then who know's we might even sneak into the group stages depending on who we get in the draws as many very average teams have got themselves into the groups before because of favourable draws. Even the 1st qualifying stage could be tricky especially if we have to play a half decent side from a place like Kazakhstan first. 

Way too early to tell.

I might be the world's biggest idiot but I've really taken to Pedro since he's arrived (I know it's only been 1 game) because I like his style/cut of his jib (Yes I know talk's cheap - I'm the first to say it)

But he has a serious approach I don't think we've had since Walter Smith. An intensity. That sort of intensity can work well for us.

Don't get me wrong we still need investment. If we go into European games with people like Kiernan, Wilson, Holt, Halliday, Garner etc we'll get absolutely horsed but I'm optimistic we have a fresh approach here. 

39 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Way too early to tell.

I might be the world's biggest idiot but I've really taken to Pedro since he's arrived (I know it's only been 1 game) because I like his style/cut of his jib (Yes I know talk's cheap - I'm the first to say it)

But he has a serious approach I don't think we've had since Walter Smith. An intensity. That sort of intensity can work well for us.

Don't get me wrong we still need investment. If we go into European games with people like Kiernan, Wilson, Holt, Halliday, Garner etc we'll get absolutely horsed but I'm optimistic we have a fresh approach here. 

I know what you mean, he's a tactician and has a plan which is dependent on who we are playing.  He makes the players work hard. He's direct and wants our players aggressively attacking space in the box. Everything you need to score goals and be your best. 

We definitely need investment but I would be surprised if we seen 2 solid defenders and a solid holding midfielder added probably from overseas. 

Group stages has to be the target