Richard Keys DR Article - Boycott Sky Sports

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Im suggesting we get a fairer proportion of the sky money. At the moment, we dont. Crowds at the game are nothing to do with it. Bournemouth never had a home crowd higher than 10,000 till last year, yet they are in the EPL and absolutely coining it in. Home crowds are irrelevant.

My argument is based on the fact people appear to think that the english product was good therefore sky invested - thats not the case. They made it good by investing.

Agree with you, years back the English game was dire Sky came and changed all that the same could happen here with proper investment in our leagues.

2 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Norwegian football is dire as fuck and hardly commands large viewing figures, yet they rake in almost twice as much as us.

Screen-Shot-2017-03-30-at-000635.png

You could also argue that a league that gets twice as much money as our league does as little as we do - so again unless we are getting a mega deal that blows that deal out the window you've got to ask yourself? Boycott moan and complain and best case scenario double our money and make the rest of Scottish football stronger and hope we make as much of an impact as Norwegian teams do in Europe? Sounds a plan 

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

we are a nation of 5 million people with an absolutely dross product 

no one owes us anything  

We have 2 of the largest followed clubs in Europe. Surely that counts for something. The investment we get v.s. our fan base and support is nothing short of abysmal. 

Just now, blueredandwhite said:

We have 2 of the largest followed clubs in Europe. Surely that counts for something. The investment we get v.s. our fan base and support is nothing short of abysmal. 

if anything it should count for us and Celtic getting a few more million each not letting the other teams get stronger offour reputations especially as they wanted us dead and buried 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You could also argue that a league that gets twice as much money as our league does as little as we do - so again unless we are getting a mega deal that blows that deal out the window you've got to ask yourself? Boycott moan and complain and best case scenario double our money and make the rest of Scottish football stronger and hope we make as much of an impact as Norwegian teams do in Europe? Sounds a plan 

A better TV is better for Scottish football, and Rangers.  The best results come when your doing what's best for yourself, and the group.   More money can only benefit us on and off the park.  

Not used sky for a good while, it is a total sham, plus I don't watch a huge amount of football outwith Rangers.

. Iptv on the Firestick (big telly)  /tablet/ipad. All the football channels here and abroad including Rangers TV.

Know a guy that knows a guy! ?

Pm's! ? 

Just now, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

A better TV is better for Scottish football, and Rangers.  The best results come when your doing what's best for yourself, and the group.   More money can only benefit us on and off the park.  

More money is all relative though if Celtic gets the same as us or maybe even more for winning the league. 

As I've said it will benefit the rest of Scottish football more than Rangers - there won't be no benefit but others will benefit more even at double the money 

I've no desire for a strong Scottish football and neither should any sensible Rangers fan - there's plenty mechanisms for Rangers to thrive without helping the Scottish football back stabbers 

Just now, K.A.I said:

More money is all relative though if Celtic gets the same as us or maybe even more for winning the league. 

As I've said it will benefit the rest of Scottish football more than Rangers - there won't be no benefit but others will benefit more even at double the money 

I've no desire for a strong Scottish football and neither should any sensible Rangers fan - there's plenty mechanisms for Rangers to thrive without helping the Scottish football back stabbers 

It sounds like you hate Scottish football more than you love Rangers.  That's the wrong attitude to have.

Also, a stronger Scottish game on the whole will benefit us.  I'm sure Robert Nash wrote something about this a few years back.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It sounds like you hate Scottish football more than you love Rangers.  That's the wrong attitude to have.

Also, a stronger Scottish game on the whole will benefit us.  I'm sure Robert Nash wrote something about this a few years back.

I hate Scottish football as much as I love Rangers which is a lot on both counts

I've explained quite clearly and it's been ignored why a strong Scottish football isn't parallel to our success and people don't want to acknowledge it incase it makes them sound like they hate something more then they like Rangers which is utter bollocks 

49 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

What gives you that idea?

Even if he has an agenda that in itself does not make him wrong.

Was there not a situation, remembering I haven't lived in Scotland for decades, where Sky had a deal on the table and the SFA/clubs decided to screw Sky over and go with Setanta?  Sky would now then say Karma is a bitch.

End of the day its all down to the economics of supply and demand, where there is no demand for the product you are not in a position to bargain.  Sadly we have a shite product AND if my previous assertion is correct, we (Scottish football) bit the hand that fed us.

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Was there not a situation, remembering I haven't lived in Scotland for decades, where Sky had a deal on the table and the SFA/clubs decided to screw Sky over and go with Setanta?  Sky would now then say Karma is a bitch.

End of the day its all down to the economics of supply and demand, where there is no demand for the product you are not in a position to bargain.  Sadly we have a shite product AND if my previous assertion is correct, we (Scottish football) bit the hand that fed us.

Exactly - going on viewing figures is there a demand for all these extra millions the little highlanders think we're entitled too all because of an old firm fixture? 

Kinda like the SNP (another reference I know) thinking they can have it all (independent country) on an oil premium and end up fucking it. 

32 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Spending £30 million happened this season, two seasons after they average 24,000.

They spent £26 million in 2013-14, money from Sky has lead to clubs like Palace being able to spend that amount net and increase their support.

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

IIRC the big three in Portugal can negotiate their own TV deals which I imagine would push the overall cost through the roof.

If the TV money for Scotland was decided on percentages for viewing figures alone id be all for pushing for better deals as we'd gain most and rightly so 

even the fenians in the republic wouldn't bother watching Celtic they'd be tuned into Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United 

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Yes, we always have to remember that the masterbrains who run Scottish football have consistently screwed up for decades. 

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Im suggesting we get a fairer proportion of the sky money. At the moment, we dont. Crowds at the game are nothing to do with it. Bournemouth never had a home crowd higher than 10,000 till last year, yet they are in the EPL and absolutely coining it in. Home crowds are irrelevant.

My argument is based on the fact people appear to think that the english product was good therefore sky invested - thats not the case. They made it good by investing.

"Fair proportion of the sky money" 

eh??

sky are a business? What do you mean?

There is no such thing as "fair proportion".

They will invest the lowest amount possible that gives them rights to broadcast the games they want. 

I think you're a little confused. 

20 minutes ago, gsa said:

"Fair proportion of the sky money" 

eh??

sky are a business? What do you mean?

There is no such thing as "fair proportion".

They will invest the lowest amount possible that gives them rights to broadcast the games they want. 

I think you're a little confused. 

That's a good point actually - and no disrespect meant to Cushynumber but SKY are a business. They don't have to be fair - they pay what they think represents value and the money they do give for such a poor product could be argued is pretty fucking generous considering the only one they can make good on is Old Firm games in relation to prime time advertising and massive viewing figures. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I hate Scottish football as much as I love Rangers which is a lot on both counts

I've explained quite clearly and it's been ignored why a strong Scottish football isn't parallel to our success and people don't want to acknowledge it incase it makes them sound like they hate something more then they like Rangers which is utter bollocks 

Sorry to disagree with you as we are usually on the same plane but it is generally accepted in sport that, the better the opposition, the better you become. If we are playing against dross every week, it becomes harder to raise our game sufficiently in Euro competitions to make any impact. If, however, we are being stretched every week, it would be easier to progress in Europe as the gulf between our opposition would not be as great.

8 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Sorry to disagree with you as we are usually on the same plane but it is generally accepted in sport that, the better the opposition, the better you become. If we are playing against dross every week, it becomes harder to raise our game sufficiently in Euro competitions to make any impact. If, however, we are being stretched every week, it would be easier to progress in Europe as the gulf between our opposition would not be as great.

As I said, there's plenty of mechanisms for Rangers to get better without enhancing the rest of them too. I'll never settle for anything else.