Post match Caixinha and McKay

7 minutes ago, insider said:

Early days but that was gobbledygook.

"don't get carried away with press conferences, same people done that with warburton"

I guarantee the same people who say that are the ones who rip into him for a post match interview

Guest Lloyd72

So we're not allowed to praise him when he speaks well in press conferences, only if he has a poor interview can we judge him. Ffs

Nothing wrong with starting Wallace and Hodson in my opinion. Can't foresee Hill getting a tight hamstring.

No point analyzing pre or post match press conferences too much either. What's said to the media after a game and what's said behind closed doors is always going to be different. If it isn't then we'll get a Warburton V2. 

The players are shite and not fit to wear the jersey. We know that. However he actually got a response out of them in the second half by a change in formation which is something Warburton never got close to. 

9 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

So we're not allowed to praise him when he speaks well in press conferences, only if he has a poor interview can we judge him. Ffs

To be fair people are judging him on his team selection and a poor result too. It's not like it's just his conference he's getting it for.

It's early though. He obviously has a lot of ideas which is refreshing. He really needs backed financially to put his stamp on this club. 

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

To be fair people are judging him on his team selection and a poor result too. It's not like it's just his conference he's getting it for.

It's early though. He obviously has a lot of ideas which is refreshing. He really needs backed financially to put his stamp on this club. 

I haven't decided on him yet and won't until he brings in his own players, he needs funds because the players aren't good enough at all and never will be. He's a manager not a magician.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Didn't take long for the excuse making to be made. 

There was talk before the game Wallace might not make it. He's decided to go with him. 

Who were the other 2? Hill one of them? but we should be able to replace 3 injured players and have 11 players that can beat Motherwell at Ibrox. 

There shouldn't even be a debate about that. Amazing how the standards drop and the excuses get churned out. 

You said in another thread that he needs to be given time, is that an excuse or have you changed your mind?

22 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

You said in another thread that he needs to be given time, is that an excuse or have you changed your mind?

There's no contradiction.

I also said about 20 minutes ago in the match-thread that he needs time, but that doesn't mean he can't be criticised either in the meantime. 

He got the team selection wrong. He gambled on Wallace and Hodson despite knowing they weren't fit - the gamble didn't work - he has to take responsibility for that.

Making excuses for him absolves him of responsibility - but overall it's too early to make a judgement on him as a manager.

Where's the contradiction there? 

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's no contradiction.

I also said about 20 minutes ago in the match-thread that he needs time, but that doesn't mean he can't be criticised either in the meantime. 

He got the team selection wrong. He gambled on Wallace and Hodson despite knowing they weren't fit - the gamble didn't work - he has to take responsibility for that.

Making excuses for him absolves him of responsibility - but overall it's too early to make a judgement on him as a manager.

Where's the contradiction there? 

Of course he can be criticised but we both made an excuse for him today by stating we believed he needs more time, if we had played them off the park and won by 5 or 6 goals I doubt either of us would have felt the need to come on and say he needs more time. 

No big issue, it was just an observation after you told  another poster he was making excuses.

4 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Of course he can be criticised but we both made an excuse for him today by stating we believed he needs more time, if we had played them off the park and won by 5 or 6 goals I doubt either of us would have felt the need to come on and say he needs more time. 

No big issue, it was just an observation after you told  another poster he was making excuses.

I don't consider saying that as excuse making, though.

Saying he needs more time is an over-riding feeling of decency and fairness which he should get. 

I just don't think daft excuses should be made for him in the meantime such like nonsense about Warburton leaving him with a team that can't beat Motherwell despite us doing so 3-times already this season.

I'll never accept not beating Motherwell at Ibrox - even when we played them in the lowest tier of Scottish football a few years ago.

He needs time and will get it. That's not an excuse for him. He needs to take responsibility in the meantime for today. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't consider saying that as excuse making, though.

Saying he needs more time is an over-riding feeling of decency and fairness which he should get. 

I just don't think daft excuses should be made for him in the meantime such like nonsense about Warburton leaving him with a team that can't beat Motherwell despite us doing so 3-times already this season.

I'll never accept not beating Motherwell at Ibrox - even when we played them in the lowest tier of Scottish football a few years ago.

He needs time and will get it. That's not an excuse for him. He needs to take responsibility in the meantime for today. 

Again I don't disagree with much of what you say but we should take into account that with one regular already missing  from the defence through suspension and with a real lack of options in that area it's easy to understand why he would have gambled on playing 3 other regular defenders  who weren't 100% pre match. 

I don't think that's making daft excuses for him although I get the feeling we might have to agree to disagree on this.

14 hours ago, M0NTY said:

Frustrating. When it rains it pours with our whole club would scunner ye. A hope after transfers we see a difference if not i think i'm going be an unsociable crabbit bastard next season.

That's RM default position