*****The Official Kilmarnock V Rangers Match Thread*****

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

Hodson a doubt too.

So if he sticks with a back 4 I imagine it will be:

Tav, Kiernan, Senderos, Halliday.

That makes me want to break down in tears :lol: 

Two of the biggest mongo bastards I've ever seen in our defence. Halliday looked more than comfortable on Saturday imo.

The thought of the Senderos and Keirnan partnership makes me want to lie down...would rather we didn't push anyone though and had them fit for the semi final... 

Two things left for me....don't let those pricks ok undefeated in the league and win the SC...

20 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

I love a wee trip to Killie; not too far, tidy wee stadium, decent surrounding area and fan-wise, I can tolerate them much more than most.

Waghorn and Garner to start, McKay to the bench with O'Halloran replacing him; his work rate on Saturday was a minor positive.

Those suggesting starting Dodoo need their heads checked. He'll be playing for Newport County next season.

I love Killie games. Cousin's hubby is a season ticket holder and I stay with them when I am up. Decent enough crowd and friendly banter. 

Thought o halloran was fuckin awful.we looked dangerous going forward everytime second half but when he got the ball he had no idea what to do with it.

No space for him so hopeless.in his defence he tracked back well a few times.

Garner HAS to start 

3 hours ago, PRW. said:

Ffs. Fuckin Warburton.

We really got no decent centre halfs at U20 level? McCrorie is out on on loan and Bates struggles to play for them even though he is underage.

No trying to be funny mate but MW tried to sign at least 3 CB's before he was left with Hill and Senderos.

Not his fault certain board members spunked his alotted wage budget on Joey "that'll sell a few more season books" Barton.

Think the lack of personnel means a wee change needed, play with who you have available:

3-5-2

Wes

Senderos Bates Kiernan

Tav                               McKay 

Windass Toral Hyndman 

Garner  MOH

42 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Think the lack of personnel means a wee change needed, play with who you have available:

3-5-2

Wes

Senderos Bates Kiernan

Tav                               McKay 

Windass Toral Hyndman 

Garner  MOH

That's all to fuck, surely :lol:.

Here was ne thinking he was lying.

Pedro Caixinha's side take on Kilmarnock in the Premiership on Wednesday.

Rangers' defensive worries are set to continue for their midweek game against Kilmarnock with six players in doubt.

Lee Wallace and Clint Hill, who were both substituted at half time in the 1-1 draw with Motherwell on Saturday are not expected to return. Hill exited with a hamstring injury while captain Wallace was struggling with a stomach problem.

Lee Hodson, who was also forced out of the game at the same time due to illness, will face a late fitness test.

The club are more hopeful James Tavernier, who missed Saturday's fixture through suspension, will return from the injury he has also been suffering but Danny Wilson remains a doubt.

The half-time changes forced Pedro Caixinha to change formation against Motherwell, moving Jon Toral to the centre of a back three, but the manager is concerned about playing the Spaniard on Rugby Park's artificial surface.

Speaking to RangersTV he said: "Danny, as far as I know, is not training today again, James is returning. He was not only suspended but he was feeling something from the previous week.

"I'm not sure if Clint can totally recover, Lee Wallace as well, so I believe those two for sure should be out, and Lee Hodson maybe in the next couple of days, I cannot be one hundred percent but I believe at least for the game we can have him.

"I don't know also about Jon Toral because of the surface we are going to play. He has had some problems with his knee, he faced some surgery on the knee, and this is the surface that normally means we need to take care of those players.

"Not only of the injured, but also the previous injuries, and of the mental approach because if they are going into the game feeling that something may happen, it's not good.

"So we need to analyse all those points, but for sure we'll have a strong squad, for sure we'll have players that are looking to have that chance to say 'I'm present, I'm capable to be a Rangers player and capable to be in the first eleven.'

Caixinha could turn to Philippe Senderos or Andy Halliday, who dropped into defence on Saturday, as possible defensive replacements but insists he will also not hesitate to turn to the academy players.

"We totally trust in our players in the first squad, we totally trust our players from the youth system, even if I need to play for example with Myles [Beerman] at left back I can do it," he said.

"So we'll have a strong squad next match and if we need to go to the youth system's players in order to be on the first eleven or on the substitutes, there should be no problem with that."

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple of young guys at the back, but the thought of saddling them with a debut alongside Rob Kiernan... that would be sadistic.  

Seems to suggest that Toral might not play as well as Wallace, Hill and Wilson. So...

Fod

Tav   Kiernan   Senderos   Halliday

Hyndman  Holt  Windass

McKay

Garner    Waghorn

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

Here was ne thinking he was lying.

Pedro Caixinha's side take on Kilmarnock in the Premiership on Wednesday.

Rangers' defensive worries are set to continue for their midweek game against Kilmarnock with six players in doubt.

Lee Wallace and Clint Hill, who were both substituted at half time in the 1-1 draw with Motherwell on Saturday are not expected to return. Hill exited with a hamstring injury while captain Wallace was struggling with a stomach problem.

Lee Hodson, who was also forced out of the game at the same time due to illness, will face a late fitness test.

The club are more hopeful James Tavernier, who missed Saturday's fixture through suspension, will return from the injury he has also been suffering but Danny Wilson remains a doubt.

The half-time changes forced Pedro Caixinha to change formation against Motherwell, moving Jon Toral to the centre of a back three, but the manager is concerned about playing the Spaniard on Rugby Park's artificial surface.

Speaking to RangersTV he said: "Danny, as far as I know, is not training today again, James is returning. He was not only suspended but he was feeling something from the previous week.

"I'm not sure if Clint can totally recover, Lee Wallace as well, so I believe those two for sure should be out, and Lee Hodson maybe in the next couple of days, I cannot be one hundred percent but I believe at least for the game we can have him.

"I don't know also about Jon Toral because of the surface we are going to play. He has had some problems with his knee, he faced some surgery on the knee, and this is the surface that normally means we need to take care of those players.

"Not only of the injured, but also the previous injuries, and of the mental approach because if they are going into the game feeling that something may happen, it's not good.

"So we need to analyse all those points, but for sure we'll have a strong squad, for sure we'll have players that are looking to have that chance to say 'I'm present, I'm capable to be a Rangers player and capable to be in the first eleven.'

Caixinha could turn to Philippe Senderos or Andy Halliday, who dropped into defence on Saturday, as possible defensive replacements but insists he will also not hesitate to turn to the academy players.

"We totally trust in our players in the first squad, we totally trust our players from the youth system, even if I need to play for example with Myles [Beerman] at left back I can do it," he said.

"So we'll have a strong squad next match and if we need to go to the youth system's players in order to be on the first eleven or on the substitutes, there should be no problem with that."

If managers are reluctant to risk playing some players on a particular type of surface, is there really any place for that surface in the country's flagship division?