*****The Official Kilmarnock V Rangers Match Thread*****

6 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

Quite how anyone thinks he is supposed to have come in and made any part of a squad significantly better, one that has been the definition of dysfunction for too long, is scary. Assuming people realise he can't get rid of them right now, is it that he should have made them better players within a month? That they're not irredeemably shit and too old/thick to learn enough to be of any use to us going forward?

these same players were good enough earlier this season to score against killie away and beat them at home along with beating motherwell twice already, its not too much of an ask that a new manager comes in, sees an immediate problem and changes even a small thing to make us tick, look at big eck, he took over wee dicks team, not one new signing for 6 months and won the fucking cup double

tonight and against motherwell we went 4-3-3, it hadnt worked at all this season and still fucking doesnt, is pedro even fucking watching our games again, getting tactical feedback or is he simply kicking his hells till summer, if its the 2nd option he can fuck right off as we are already an embarrassment finishing potentially 3rd nevermind going lower

in the days of the privileged player though, you have to have players that want to play for you. The days of intimidation are over. Alex Ferguson said that he had to completely change his style of management as he got older as the players coming through were more fragile and just went in a huff and moved on if you shouted at them. You have to get players onside in the modern era, or they just take the huff.

I'd like to think Pedro is not blind to the amount of improvement needed for next season.   I hope he really does get it.  More than that I hope he has the ability to create a very much better Rangers side - one that is a credible challenger for the title. 

One big doubt is whether, when he has completed his assessment of who stays, who goes and who he lists to Robertson or the DOF as targets to be brought in..........are King and the Board ready, willing and able to stump up.   If not then another season with the substance of this squad performing as they do will take us further down the path to mid table mediocrity.

Too many players playing the way they are give the impression they are just seeing out the season before moving on.   Maybe there's an element of calling Pedro's bluff about talks with the devil, or maybe some have had that experience and don't like it and have decided its not for them so just seeing out time regardless of wrath from the management team.

It must surely be clear to the squad that this is shakedown time and for those that want to stay on and work with Pedro to bring about a much better Rangers side then these last remaining league games are the proving ground.  On evidence of the last 2 games it'd be hard to conclude that players are playing for their jobs next season.   The thing is though, if Pedro concludes a big clearout is needed I doubt if King and the Board could raise anywhere near enough to buy in better replacements.   Sure is going to be interesting to see who Pedro keeps and who he axes.........and who he brings in.

Just now, writingranger said:

I think he'll get money to spend. There's a game plan, but not really a formation, or at least it's the same formation. The players have no excuse because they're used to that formation. It's just that they are useless playing it.

he is going to have to pull some rabbits out the bag in one transfer window for us to be markedly better next season.

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

:lol:

Why book your wedding before knowing a year in advance what the potential fixture dates are?

probably agreed with warburton last summer

1 minute ago, the brown brogue said:

Presumably  the wedding is during the season, in which case i agree 100% with the manager.

if we do start euro qualifiers early bells in the summer he will barely have a close season to have his wedding, and perhaps they dates didnt work out for his missus or venue or whatever

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Ah ok so they'd planned it thinking they'd get more summer holidays? 

Still, as a professional footballer getting paid thousands of £s a week, I'm sure they can deal with it. 

Yes but the human body and/or the human may not be able to deal with it. They are only human. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Yup, irredeemably shit seems a fair analysis.

Problem is, as BA was suggesting earlier, is where do you go with that? If there are no improvements to be made,  we pretty much have to replace an entire squad. Again. Suggests money (if there is any) being spread very, very thin.

I know, and a lot of it is only venting after that and how generally depressing it is - just remembered we managed to draw with Motherwell...

Obvious answer is that I don't know. The optimistic part of me hopes that PC is here with his eyes open, without any personal agenda that doesn't involve us being competitive, and believes that he'll have enough support to make the necessary changes. He surely saw how far we are behind in a tinpot league before he signed...right??? :dunno:

Just in from the game and that was absolutely shite. Pish poor. As bad as anything McCoist or Warburton served up. 

Actually very concerned for next season. I know the usual bedwetter will jump all over this but I can see in a years time playing the same way with a load of Mexicans and Portuguese in the team instead of lower league English and with the same outcome as MW. 

6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

hat is certain is that he knows the WSPL.

I can't say that Warburton got to grips with it & the last 2 games have been among the most shambolic efforts I've ever seen from a Gers team.

He does, but I doubt that could help get more out of this group.

Being a footballer or an athlete of any kind has to be one of the better jobs on the planet so if the players are raging because they don't get longer holidays or anything like that then I'd banish them to the 20s and start promoting the younger boys.

If this is the case then I'd give Pedro my full backing to do that regardless of the results.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Yeah because Jose Mourinho's teams are great to watch.

whether you like to watch european style football like Mourinho, or like warburton was trying to do, was not the point.

Pedro is tactically playing scottish fitba so it's fucking redundant to bring in a a scottish coach to help him adapt?

duh!

I only saw snippets of the game, so I cannot comment on the performance. However I think that considering we played with a make shift defence containing 2 young players getting their debut I think that a clean sheet is a positive should we have won it, absolutely, could we have won it? I can't say. So far pedro has an unbeaten start to his tenure as manager.... 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

these same players were good enough earlier this season to score against killie away and beat them at home along with beating motherwell twice already, its not too much of an ask that a new manager comes in, sees an immediate problem and changes even a small thing to make us tick, look at big eck, he took over wee dicks team, not one new signing for 6 months and won the fucking cup double

tonight and against motherwell we went 4-3-3, it hadnt worked at all this season and still fucking doesnt, is pedro even fucking watching our games again, getting tactical feedback or is he simply kicking his hells till summer, if its the 2nd option he can fuck right off as we are already an embarrassment finishing potentially 3rd nevermind going lower

Eck's squad had more potential than this lot.

It wasn't a good game of football but we had plenty of possession, corner kicks and free kicks yet only hit the target a couple of times. The players aren't up to it. It's not like we defended for 90 mins. It's another game we could have easily won but didn't, a bit like countless games over the past 18 months

18 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

because most of the cunts have 2-3 years on their contracts and know we cant afford to buy them out.

Pochetinho punted Adebayor and Townsend to the reserves when he first took over at Spurs to show he was serious, did the same thing with his long time pal and captain at Espanyol. These pricks have clearly been getting away with too much for too long under the previous regime and are badly needing a kick up the arse. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

He does, but I doubt that could help get more out of this group.

I know where you're coming from, but I do think a bit of local knowledge could fish out a few things that would make it work a bit better.

2 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

I only saw snippets of the game, so I cannot comment on the performance. However I think that considering we played with a make shift defence containing 2 young players getting their debut I think that a clean sheet is a positive should we have won it, absolutely, could we have won it? I can't say. So far pedro has an unbeaten start to his tenure as manager.... 

He's played 10th, 11th and 7th hardly an achievement.

Just now, HG5 said:

I know where you're coming from, but I do think a bit of local knowledge could fish out a few things that would make it work a bit better.

Yeah, definitely. That's why this third coach might actually be quite important.