*****The Official Kilmarnock V Rangers Match Thread*****

2 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

If Pedro can bring in 4 or 5 solid performers who know how to win we have a chance. If it's 5 more gambles forget it. Quality over quantity this year please. No more than 5 or 6 and no squad fillers. 

4 or 5 solid performers wont cut it, we need around 3 solid performers for all areas of the pitch

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

4 or 5 solid performers wont cut it, we need around 3 solid performers for all areas of the pitch

While I agree we need that level of quality I don't think it's wise and I don't think we have the money to do it all in one window. Pedro has to identify the guys already at the club who can prosper in a better team. He then has to go out and buy the rest of that team  

5 minutes ago, Tav's Bandage said:

The players are utterly fucking atrocious.

Manager has a lot to prove but the shite he inherited is actually mind blowing when you look at it.

How can we be in such a shite state with the financial advantage we have over everyone bar Celtic.

I just dont see a way out of it because the investment wont be enough and we would need to unearth a couple of gems and sell on fast and keep getting it right.

The only hope we have of rescuing something from this fuck up of a season, is the players discovering some professional pride and going all out for The Cup. I am not holding my breath. 

12 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Klos, Amoruso, Konterman, Vidmar, Ross, Ricksen, Ferguson, Numan, de Boer, Flo, Arveladze. Subs: Caniggia, Dodds, Wilson, Christiansen, Lovenkrands

Cheers...just comparing that midfield to what we have right now is chilling.

I'm really not saying that nothing can be expected of the manager immediately, that more evidence of knowing it's crap wouldn't be good to see, something demonstrably different to what's failed us for too long. It really is as simple as us having players that are little, if any, better than the teams we play. That's just not PC's fault and couldn't be said about that McLeish side.

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

if we dont have the wide men then dont play targetmen, if we have shite like halliday and holt playing shite then start forrester or windass,

people slated warburton for having his favourites, pedro has started the same fucking diddies

OK, but who does he play instead of a target man? If two up front, who among that squad does he look at and think of as much better? Which of Forrester and Windass does the defensive duties any better than the other two?

Rather than having favourites, assembling this particular squad and having left the new manager with such a chronic lack of options are more immediate reasons that I slate Warburton and give PC more than a month to make things better.

Really don't know what to make of the new manager, Utterly bizarre taking Hyndman off when he was one of the best players on the pitch,Removing Waghorn and replacing him with a midfielder when trying to win the game.

Other thing that was strange was having Toral on the bench with no intention of playing him,Why not put one of the youth team players on the bench,Made absolutely no sense.

In the last two games this game plan the manager keeps repeating seems to have vanished and like the Motherwell game it was turgid pish of hitting a lot of long balls and totally missing the midfield.

Under Murty the team looked more stable and looked like he had installed a bit of fight in the team, There were players tonight that looked like they were going through the motions and just couldn't be arsed.

Halliday and Holt in the middle doesn't work.

McKay seriously needs to be dropped, He brings absolutely nothing and his corners/free kicks are woeful, Has the heart of a mouse and shits himself from tackling anyone.

Bates at the back started quite nervous but once he settled he had a decent game,He'll never be a regular first team starter simply because he's not good enough, Thought the young lad Beerman had a great game against Salmon who is an experienced pro,much stronger and taller and hardly gave him a sniff and got himself forward a few times,Good future if he continues to work hard and improves his game, But Beerman is another who will spend most of his time in the youth teams.

In the last couple of games we look as if we have went backwards, Is this the players protesting on the pitch at their new six day week.

Summer will be interesting as the whole team needs cleared out and we should be encouraging Warburton to take McKay,Tavernier,Waghorn and Keirnan to Forrest and the money used to bring in a couple of quality players and Mr King and his board can find the other £20m we will need to compete next season.

Rangers fans won't except this pish next season nor except playing catch up with the sheep.

It also concerns me that in the summer we could see players coming from PC's old teams in Qatar and Mexico and once again spending what little we have on yet more shit players on long term deals and no further forward, There is absolutely no point in signing players who are used to getting time on the ball in these country's and the nice slow build up.

We can ill afford to make any mistakes in the summer transfer window and quality players must be brought in,Players who are winners and want to work hard and play for the jersey and win things..Winning mentality.

First player i'd be making moves about is Hyndman if the price was within our budget, He'll only get better as time goes on.

All in all another shite performance bar a couple of players getting pass marks, I really don't think most of these players get the concept of what it means to pull on that famous blue jersey nor how lucky they are to be playing and training in such wonderful surroundings followed wherever they go by adoring fans, Most of them can't see further than their next monthly wage.

We need to spend and get at least 2 Quality CBs , 1 Defensive Midfield 1 striker and one wide midfield and RB. Over and above that about another 5-6 decent players. If we get that we might get second place next season. To get first we would need 15-16 quality players and that is not going to happen. Manager it's way too early to say. I would take decent offers on all the squad maybe except Wes 

Another frustrating game to watch, and really feel for the 8,000 fans who travelled tonight.

Once again our play was poor but also again the players did not seem as if they were up for the game, no real desire to win. That has to change before we are going to start winning games consistently. 

I have no idea if Pedro will be able to sort this situation out or if he is the right person to be doing the job, but his only chance is if he is given money to spend in the summer, and I have no idea where it will come from.

Being a Rangers fan is not easy at the moment but I always feel proud to be one. 

1 hour ago, Gooseman said:

Ok so you don't agree, that's fine. Considering that under Warburton we would have been pumped off motherwell and likely Kilmarnock and would more than likely snatched a draw from the jaws of victory against Hamilton I am happy that we've yet to lose. Don't get me wrong, I would rather that they were all wins but right now I'll take what I can get. 

No we would have probably drawn those games also under warburton . Please dont hit out with this unbeaten pish after drawing against Motherwell and Kilmarnock . Warburtons squad and not a lot Pedro can do about that just now but Pedro still needs to know and understand these results are not and never will be good enough 

Another disjointed and clueless performance from the majority of the team.

Garner was unlucky to have 2 good headers denied by their 'keeper, but other than that we created very little. 

King HAS to sufficiently back Pedro in the summer. Very very few of this lot are good enough to play for us.

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Highlight of the night was the when the tannoy belted out that dance song with the tune of the sash through it . Then the game began 

Highlight of my night was getting bored with it, sticking on RUK and picking the winner in the last at Kempton at 9/1.

48 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

No we would have probably drawn those games also under warburton . Please dont hit out with this unbeaten pish after drawing against Motherwell and Kilmarnock . Warburtons squad and not a lot Pedro can do about that just now but Pedro still needs to know and understand these results are not and never will be good enough 

Fact is we have not lost yet, and going by the post match interview he does understand that these results aren't good enough. It's only the 3rd game and already cunts are getting jumpy.... If we can get second brilliant, if not we just need to win the cup to get bit of success this year. 

11 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

Fact is we have not lost yet, and going by the post match interview he does understand that these results aren't good enough. It's only the 3rd game and already cunts are getting jumpy.... If we can get second brilliant, if not we just need to win the cup to get bit of success this year. 

We are not getting second 

not losing against Hamilton , Motherwell or Kilmarnock especially when two of them where draws with arguably our worst performances of the season (and that is saying something )is nothing to be positive about . Fully accept that Pedro is not fully to blame but trying to make out it is a positive start helps no one 

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

Highlight of the night was the when the tannoy belted out that dance song with the tune of the sash through it . Then the game began 

Highlight of the night was the full time whistle being blown as it's now stomach churning watching Rangers as opposed to enjoyable.

Honestly sickens me watching those so called pros wearing the royal blue,aye standards aren't what they used to be but by Fuck are these guys taking the piss..on 6k a week and couldn't trap a landmine.

No skill no passion no fight just nothing and it's been years now ?.

39 minutes ago, Gooseman said:

Not losing to Hamilton,Motherwell or Kilmarnock isn't really anything to brag about.We had a two week international break and seems like we forgot how to play football,Despite what the manager said about having more time to try things.

Our passing at times is abysmal,shooting absolutely rank,set pieces absolutely terrible and put this into perspective,Against Motherwell and Kilmarnock we had a combined 33 shots on goal,10 on target and we have scored 1 goal, This is where the problem lies,Our complete inability to put the ball in the net.

Graham Murty was doing quite well and should have got the job until the end of the season, I'd also like to know who this list of qualified candidates the club claims to have had applying for the managers job outwith McLeish, I still find it totally bizarre we gave the job to someone no one had ever heard off and had no experience of British football plying his trade in the middle east and Mexico.

We also won't win on Sunday against the sheep,More so if St Johnstone win on Saturday and reduce the gap between them and us to 3pts the pressure will ramp up even further,A comfortable gap in front of St Johnstone, We're now 12pts behind the sheep and St Johnstone are breathing down our necks for 3rd place and our football seems to be going backwards,We've won a game against a poor Hamilton team and drawn against teams who are 10th and 7th in the league and dropped 4pts from our last two games.

If you awoke from a coma and watched that tonight you would think McCoist was still in charge.

Murty should have got the job till season end rather than appoint a manager who is already under pressure.

Rangers managers are judged on results and Rangers fans are not very patient and expect to win every game,It's been a piss poor season by Rangers standards and if the results continue then the new managers stay in Scotland could be short lived.

A new manager won't lift the club to the levels the supporters expect, The only thing that will is a substantial budget for players of the quality required, If King and his board think spending £5m will lift us to the level of challenging for the title they are all hugely deluded and we may as well turn the lights out and lock the doors.

They come up with around £15/20m and get the players we need in and then we can put up a much better fight and challenge, The support won't put up with the same shite next season.

8 hours ago, trueblueal said:

I've read this fantasy a million times. When your buying a 200k players he's not going to be any better than a player Aberdeen have found on a free with a bit more digging. One of two might be but when you buy 11 of them what you are saying is 200k. That's our level. 

Money buys success. It's been proven time and time again. We need a few players of proven standard to go with the prospects. 

What I'm saying is 200k on each player should be enough for us to finish ahead of every team in the league except Celtic, If the proper homework is done on who you're actually signing.

No it's not the level we want/should be at, we need investment to get back to the top but us not finishing 2nd this year isn't a lack of investment in fees/wages, it's from a poor manager's signings leaving us down a hole & poor tactics.