j1mgg

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

Tweaking training to exploit 2 young lads? really or changing formation to attack our left back are the 9 other outfield players just gonna stand and let the young lad sort it out... Announcing the team doesn't give Kilmarnock any advantage whatsoever  

Why doesnt everyone do it then? I just dont get the logic, it doesnt make sense.

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Why doesnt everyone do it then? I just dont get the logic, it doesnt make sense.

999/1000 team sheets are released just pre game, not at a presser the day before.

In some instances maybe the manager is still settling on his team. But I'd reckon in most instances it's already known but not revealed. It's not rocket science to understand why this tends to be the case....

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

999/1000 team sheets are released just pre game, not at a presser the day before.

In some instances maybe the manager is still settling on his team. But I'd reckon in most instances it's already known but not revealed. It's not rocket science to understand why this tends to be the case....

Can anyone defending this decision give me one positive reason for doing it?

Its not a huge issue in this instance but that doesn't stop the logic from being baffling?

I can't see an issue with this,

It's bold and i love it, i hope it pays off cause the knives will be out if it doesn't....and it really might not....I would say Keirnan has  been utterly embarrassing all season.

I'm not sure how we can be more exposed not having him and Senderos. I have no doubt that Warbs would have played with a back 3 with (Tav, Wilson, Halliday ).... no way he would have started with a 17 yr old  LB and 20 yrs old CB.

Killie's game plan maybe to overload down our Left...maybe this has been factored in and we will look to exploit.....fucking mental.... seat of your pants crazy is our manager...got to be better than the Vanilla and sound bites we are used too....  

Happy to Question his tactics and decisions after he has actually looked at our squad in it's entirety, plays different players and then gets his own players in...until then he has a free pass from me...as long as we get  European football... beat Celtic...get 2nd place...win the cup and never drop another point again.

49 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Giving the 2 young boys who are making their debuts time to overthink things if you ask me. They should of been told at the very last minute so they didnt have a chance to get nervous. 

Last minute notice can also make them shit themselves and perform poorly.

Just now, Big Al II said:

Its not a huge issue in this instance but that doesn't stop the logic from being baffling?

I honestly think even giving out the team sheet we are still less predictable than when Warbs was here....we all knew the team and formation 6 days before the next game.

agreed. I can think of a single good reason for doing this.

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Last minute notice can also make them shit themselves and perform poorly.

Giving them notice is one thing.

Giving the opposition notice is entirely a different matter.. 

Cos Pedro done it and we don't question it.

Guest Lloyd72
2 hours ago, Skyson1872 said:

Our defence already play like they don't fucking know each other. I'm excited to see how they get on, Bates as shite as he supposedly is can't do much worse than we have seen already this season and Beerman will put wallace to shame

Lets hope so it sounds like Wallace will be out for a month or so

I'm happy that Pedro is happy to take a bit of a risk. The league is basically over & aiming for 3rd, clearly playing safe under warburton & all this nicey nice, positive crap to players never worked.

Players are now training more regularly and need to play well for their name on the team sheet.

All players being analysed right now which is fair enough. Glad a few of the young boys are getting thrown in the deep end to see what they can offer.

I think Pedro has named the team sheet early in order to test both our players and Kilmarnock. We will now need to mix things up & play well.

9 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Maybe gives the younger guys some time to adjust to the news, get their mindset in order!

Similarly give a boost to those players who now know they are starting, get in the correct mindset, don't let me down etc.

1 minute ago, BillyG93 said:

I'm happy that Pedro is happy to take a bit of a risk. The league is basically over & aiming for 3rd, clearly playing safe under warburton & all this nicey nice, positive crap to players never worked.

Players are now training more regularly and need to play well for their name on the team sheet.

All players being analysed right now which is fair enough. Glad a few of the young boys are getting thrown in the deep end to see what they can offer.

I think Pedro has named the team sheet early in order to test both our players and Kilmarnock. We will now need to mix things up & play well.

Not true though is it?

3 minutes ago, BillyG93 said:

There not being thrown in to see what they can do. They are being thrown in because we have no other options.

1 minute ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

Maybe gives the younger guys some time to adjust to the news, get their mindset in order!

Similarly give a boost to those players who now know they are starting, get in the correct mindset, don't let me down etc.

You can do that internally and not announce it on sky.

2 minutes ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

Could have told the team privately.

10 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

I met McKay and Wilson today and asked Wilson when he is gonna get back into the first 11.  His reply was 'sooner than most people think'

McKay is a tiny wee boy! Some of the 14 year old at Ibrox today where physically bigger than him lol.

He was announced to be starting tomorrow :lol: 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

See if the bheggars played two young debutants against us from their academy, would you be happier and try to exploit it?

Maybe tell Garner to ruffle up the untried centre half rather than the other centre half?

Tell McKay to run at the untried full back and expose him to attacking flair he's not used to in the 20s? 

Tell Waghorn to use his physique to try to bully him and see how he reacts to being muscled?

If we weren't doing this I'd be disappointed. I see no reason why Killie won't be using the 36 odd hours notice to try to do their research on the two boys and come up with their tactics.

It can only be to Killie benefit, not ours, and that's why it's naive.

Your point is flawed since you'd know before your team talk before the game what the other team is......so joey go ruffle up that young inexperienced centre back.

Not defending the decision to do it early though it's just a bit odd and don't really see the benefit in it but saying its a disadvantage is bullshit. That's like saying opposing managers need a full 24 hours to understand something then make changes. 

Just now, Big Al II said:

No advantage whatsoever then?

I never said it was drastic i said it was strange and imo the rationale is baffling.

There is no advantage to us or them so I dont get why it will be a issue 

People dont like change we are creatures of habit thats people find it baffling