NeoGeo7

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, William McBeath said:

It's been bad but no where near some of the stuff McCoist served up. I already know Rangers will never play as poorly as we did under him again. Just don't see how it's possible. Thankfully.

Hope you are right.

1 minute ago, William McBeath said:

It's been bad but no where near some of the stuff McCoist served up. I already know Rangers will never play as poorly as we did under him again. Just don't see how it's possible. Thankfully.

As a one-off game tonight was as poor as anything served up under McCoist. Worst performance of the season IMO. Worse than the couple of heavy defeats we've had, just that Kilmarnock weren't good enough to take advantage.

Under McCoist I used to watch the televised Friday night games up until half time then go to the pub as I couldn't bare to watch any more (my local doesn't have SKY). I used to tell my wife that I can't watch any more of that shite. Tonight I felt the exact same at half time and had it been a Friday night I would almost certainly have gone out and missed the second half. Pish poor and the players have chucked it.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

As a one-off game tonight was as poor as anything served up under McCoist. Worst performance of the season IMO. Worse than the couple of heavy defeats we've had, just that Kilmarnock weren't good enough to take advantage.

Under McCoist I used to watch the televised Friday night games up until half time then go to the pub as I couldn't bare to watch any more (my local doesn't have SKY). I used to tell my wife that I can't watch any more of that shite. Tonight I felt the exact same at half time and had it been a Friday night I would almost certainly have gone out and missed the second half. Pish poor and the players have chucked it.

It was awful 

new managers usually get a reaction from their squads

clearly no happening with Pedro 

35 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Is no get overly excited. You just don't know when we will turn up.

It was to be 7 at the waen toucher stadium

I know mate. Its just very difficult to see how things will get better watching dog shit like that. 

Would love us to storm in there and pish all over them but I cant see it.

10 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

You no aloud out to the pub through the week mate?

32 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I know the feeling but that cup final loss to Raith and that Hibs defeat in which we were 0-3 down in the first half were worse for me. So was the Motherwell debacle under that Kenny guy.

But I'm in total agreement that it is woeful and I can't see any sign of an effective shape or system that we might manage to get right in future.

It just looks like a amateur gung-ho bollocks. Some sort of open-ended nonsense in which we will get smashed against good sides.

Maybe he just needs his own men but my concern is that I can't even see a sign of what it is he's trying to do other than make us hit it forward quicker. We wanted that but now it seems it's all we look to do and can't keep possession anymore and work at creating more useful chances. We give the ball away all the time.

I thought it was odd when the board said he done well at his interview. Usually you know who you want in football and offer the job because you like their record. If you do go down the unusual route of holding interviews at a top club it seems to only be with a few well proven people. Pedro's record is not very good and he knows nothing about our football. We also have no cash to help him overcome this disadvantage. 

Here's hoping he's just analysing the squad for next season but he's been making a big play about being Rangers and needing to win games and try and finish second so I just have more doubts about his ability than I did a few weeks ago.

It really did sound like the board gave him the job because he done so well at the interview. That's not the way you do it in football at a top club like Rangers. It's ridiculous if true and it must be since it's the word from the board themselves. 

Probably our most important appointment ever and they give the guy the job on the strength of his interview waffle :no:

They better be praying he's just checking out the squad and knows what he's doing because if we end up going nowhere for another year it'll be down to them. 

4 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

I know the feeling but that cup final loss to Raith and that Hibs defeat in which we were 0-3 down in the first half were worse for me. So was the Motherwell debacle under that Kenny guy.

But I'm in total agreement that it is woeful and I can't see any sign of an effective shape or system that we might manage to get right in future.

It just looks like a amateur gung-ho bollocks. Some sort of open-ended nonsense in which we will get smashed against good sides.

Maybe he just needs his own men but my concern is that I can't even see a sign of what it is he's trying to do other than make us hit it forward quicker. We wanted that but now it seems it's all we look to do and can't keep possession anymore and work at creating more useful chances. We give the ball away all the time.

I thought it was odd when the board said he done well at his interview. Usually you know who you want in football and offer the job because you like their record. If you do go down the unusual route of holding interviews at a top club it seems to only be with a few well proven people. Pedro's record is not very good and he knows nothing about our football. We also have no cash to help him overcome this disadvantage. 

Here's hoping he's just analysing the squad for next season but he's been making a big play about being Rangers and needing to win games and try and finish second so I just have more doubts about his ability than I did a few weeks ago.

It really did sound like the board gave him the job because he done so well at the interview. That's not the way you do it in football at a top club like Rangers. It's ridiculous if true and it must be since it's the word from the board themselves. 

Probably our most important appointment ever and they give the guy the job on the strength of his interview waffle.

They better be praying he's just checking out the squad and knows what he's doing because if we end up going nowhere for another year it'll be down to them. 

Agree 100% 

i think this appointment will end in tears 

we needed someone with a decent record in the league 

fuck it, we should have signed McIness and he will prove that next season aswell. 12 points ahead of as it stands and I expect it will be closer to 20 by the season end. 

This is a fuck up of an appointment made by fucktards who know nothing about running our club. 

hope I am wrong, but I think this will be another disastrous expense mistake by the board and put us further behind in this nasty wee country 

48 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

That's twice you've read my mind tonight. Genuinely sitting here wondering if Caixinha will be the manager next season. I know it's only 3 games in and as fans we are very guilty of knee-jerk reactions but the early signs aren't good. It's about a lot more than just the results too.

Said it in another thread, the manager cannot be judged with this pathetic mob at his disposal.

Plus we aren't exactly flush with cash to he paying off managers on a regular basis.

15 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Agree 100% 

i think this appointment will end in tears 

we needed someone with a decent record in the league 

fuck it, we should have signed McIness and he will prove that next season aswell. 12 points ahead of as it stands and I expect it will be closer to 20 by the season end. 

This is a fuck up of an appointment made by fucktards who know nothing about running our club. 

hope I am wrong, but I think this will be another disastrous expense mistake by the board and put us further behind in this nasty wee country 

Was what I thought as well after trying the progressive approach in Warburton I thought it would have been best to appoint a safe pair of hands who knows the terrain and would build surely and steadily. Now we don't know what we'll get or what we'll be left with this time if it goes wrong.

I wouldn't be surprised if the board have never even watched Pedro's teams in action. His record is not consistent and is far from good. And to top it all off the board declared he got the job because he blew them away at the interview. 

If this is anywhere near true then this is a huge gamble that will take some amount luck to be a success.

Here's hoping we are wrong right enough but all I can see that is positive is that we are at least up-and-at-them and more direct so maybe if we bring in some solid defenders we could see a huge improvement. If Pedro has an eye for a player then all might still come good.

It looks like the board have taken a huge gamble to me though. I always get right behind managers as well so I'm not just being a crank.

Up there with the worst games of football I have seen in many a year.

It's not even enjoyable watching us anymore, you just end up fucked off by the end of it because we are so fucking dire.

Gone are the days I looked forward to games especially away from home because more often than not the football we play is pub team stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

How many times in the last 5 years can you honestly say you have enjoyed watching Rangers.

5 or 6 times?

Hibs away 6-2

celtic at hampden last season

Airdrie away

Peterhead petrofac final

im struggling if I'm honest.

3-2 game at Ibrox v Celtic 

I did't even really enjoy that tim game at hampden. Every time we looked to be on our way they pegged us back so it was a gut wrenching game. The result was outstanding as was the feeling at the end but I was in bits by the end of it. 

Tbh the only ones I have enjoyed that stick out are the games against the lower league sides and Hamilton in the cups in the past season. 

6 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

How many times in the last 5 years can you honestly say you have enjoyed watching Rangers.

5 or 6 times?

Hibs away 6-2

celtic at hampden last season

Airdrie away

Peterhead petrofac final

im struggling if I'm honest.

3-2 game at Ibrox v Celtic 

Dundee in the cup last year