When Rangers gave Celtic a guard of honour

Recent posting mentioned this but I think that I recall that in the 1960s, Rangers did give a guard of honour to Celtic in recognition of a victory in Europe (I think).  Not too sure of the details - too many years, too many beers.  Can any of the more seasoned bears come to my rescue on this one?  It's clearly beyond my cable tow at the moment.

1 hour ago, The Widow's Son said:

Recent posting mentioned this but I think that I recall that in the 1960s, Rangers did give a guard of honour to Celtic in recognition of a victory in Europe (I think).  Not too sure of the details - too many years, too many beers.  Can any of the more seasoned bears come to my rescue on this one?  It's clearly beyond my cable tow at the moment.

Done it in 1964 Scottish cup semi final played at Ibrox, They had just qualified midweek for the cup winners semi final and Rangers applauded them onto the field, Sure Rangers won 2-0.

Those times were completely different from today, Those were times players from each club ran around together and had respect for each other and each club had respect for each other also, Totally different era we now live in.

I can't ever recall the same applause from the unwashed when Rangers won a league title or qualified for a Euro semi final or final.

Not a fan of all the applause stuff especially when now it's expected of every team after a team wins the league,I'll be absolutely gobsmacked if Rangers do it at Ibrox.

Not only should we give them a guard of honour, it's the sporting thing to do. We should do well to understand why we are giving them a guard of honour and why the current malaise at Ibrox can no longer be countenanced.

if the ignominy, of clapping that filth onto the pitch, is not a wind for change then nothing will be for our current, under funded, rag tag board.

14 minutes ago, thehost said:

Not only should we give them a guard of honour, it's the sporting thing to do. We should do well to understand why we are giving them a guard of honour and why the current malaise at Ibrox can no longer be countenanced.

if the ignominy, of clapping that filth onto the pitch, is not a wind for change then nothing will be for our current, under funded, rag tag board.

They cunts can't even call us by our name and you want to give them a guard of honour. There is no way this should happen.

46 minutes ago, Alec87 said:

They cunts can't even call us by our name and you want to give them a guard of honour. There is no way this should happen.

Don't blame me I'm not responsible for us being 30 odd points behind.

the correct thing to do is clap them on. JUst as the correct thing to do is stand in silence, out of respect. Leave it to the filth to act like scum, we should be acting in a proper fashion. We should also utilise the humiliation as a catalyst to spur us on to not have to do it again.

Why are people even talking about us doing guard of honours for them when there are 3 league games between them winning it and playing us at ibrox? I may be wrong but I'm sure in the past it's been the game after it's secured that a team does a guard of honour which for them was Patrick at home last night. 

I think we may have given Celtic a guard of honour towards the end of the 1963-64 season. I would assume they might have won the league the game before they played us . Just a bit too early for me to remember . Vague recollection that the game could have ended 2-2