*** The Official Aberdeen vs Rangers Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, BlueCafu1872 said:

Did Wilson end up with a broken nose there looked fucked...outstanding at the end dodoo made the impact needed...thinking waghorns days are numbered absolute dross 

Yep its needing put back into place.

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Fods, Wilson, Beerman, Holt, Miller (for 10 minutes) and Dodoo. Hats off to you 6. 

Early days but Beerman looked extremely good considering he is 18, making his second appearance AT Pittodrie and playing against arguably one of the best players in the league this season outwith the OF. 

He's been really impressive. Don't know much about the lad but his 60 yard run from left back showed me he's a good runner with the ball at his feet. He looks composed on the ball and plays with his head up. It would be interesting to see him play where McKay normally plays further up the park.

I think Pedro called the sheep's bluff by playing more defensively in the second half and putting the onus on them to open up more and leave spaces for us to exploit.

Aberdeen did batter us for a while but crucially switched off when we had the ball later in the game and led to the 3 goals and I would give Pedro credit for changing the way the game was played compared to the first half.

Could have went either way but personally I think it was clever for Pedro the way he managed that game even down to the timing of the substitutions.

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Agree,but garner is worse 

Don't think there's much between them tbh in terms of what they bring to the team. Dodoo delivers more but isn't the full answer at the moment. We need an intelligent strong goalscorer but not easy to find. Miller just bamboozles me. 

Utmost respect for the two young lads who have been dropped into a difficult situation in the last two games and managed to get two clean sheets. Fod was good in both games also. Kenny great again and dodoo gets on the scoresheet. It also showed up lots of dross in our team. King needs to pony up the dough to build up this team once we get rid of the imposters in our side. Great result masks our obvious weaknesses 

3 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Hat's off to Wilson, he was immense today. Playing through a likely broken nose and playing as well as he did? That's what it means to be a Ranger.

Maybe we should break his nose before kick off every week ?

Archived