Revealing line-up early

Pedrono1

put it this way. Most managers like a settled team and pick the same folk, so what difference does it make? They know tav is gonna play and how. They know who's injured or sick. It's a red herring except on those very few occasions where surprise is important and we can't expect to dominate. Sunday and the semi-finals for instance.

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

Putting Sammon on Beerman is something they could have done right before the game regardless when it was announced, Tav had to start so announcing the team hardly changed that, every centre back we have distributes from the back.

Had we won yesterday McCulloch would have said fuck all about "tweaking" his team, he is only saying that cause he got a result. Announcing the team did not effect that result a jot, it was the fact our players are absolutely gash

Listen no matter what I say, you're not willing to accept that it was folly, and that potentially it aids the opposition and this occasion actually did.

If you give someone else knowledge and time to plot then I believe it's to their potential advantage. You disagree, fine.

I believe McCulloch fwiw, he's hardly saying it was a huge benefit, but he said he reacted to it. You think he's lying, again fine.

All logic and common sense says it's not a smart move, which is why it's almost never done.

I've already said we lost due to the players, not sure why you argue an argument that isn't there.

4 hours ago, Pedrono1 said:

For the life of me I can't understand what the fuck Pedro was doing or thinking about by revealing to all what our line up would be over 36 hrs before a game , surely he should know that this allows teams to set up shop accordingly which was proven yesterday I hope this isn't a sign of things to come . 

Maybe he announce it early so that he could assess how the team would do when they have no hidden advantage. He's looking for players who have the standard he has now set to play for Rangers.

Naming a line-up early makes absolutely no difference; most other sports announce teams early, whether that be cricket, rugby, tennis or tiddlywinks and they don't even pretend there's an advantage gained by doing so.  Pretending that football is different to other sports in this way is just football snobbery.  Many teams play the same way week-in, week-out.  You set out your team to play against sides because you know how they'll play....because they all invariably have a regular style. 

39 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Naming a line-up early makes absolutely no difference; most other sports announce teams early, whether that be cricket, rugby, tennis or tiddlywinks and they don't even pretend there's an advantage gained by doing so.  Pretending that football is different to other sports in this way is just football snobbery.  Many teams play the same way week-in, week-out.  You set out your team to play against sides because you know how they'll play....because they all invariably have a regular style. 

I really do believe the motive behind doing this was Psychological. If you take away the the perceived advantage then your left with the true player quality. tactical ability and mentality for a true assessment. It also shows PC that players can adapt to any situation and that's what I believe we're looking for adaptability and as you say most other sports announce teams early. 

PC has now raised the standards bar, we've had the years of free transfers, out of contracts etc. PC is basically stock checking before a clearance sale and new stock comes in.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Listen no matter what I say, you're not willing to accept that it was folly, and that potentially it aids the opposition and this occasion actually did.

If you give someone else knowledge and time to plot then I believe it's to their potential advantage. You disagree, fine.

I believe McCulloch fwiw, he's hardly saying it was a huge benefit, but he said he reacted to it. You think he's lying, again fine.

All logic and common sense says it's not a smart move, which is why it's almost never done.

I've already said we lost due to the players, not sure why you argue an argument that isn't there.

And here's me thinking it was a draw :lol:

We didn't win because we have players who aren't good at football. For me that's the bottom line. Doesn't take away from fact that there was 0 need for him to reveal the team. 

I'm struggling to buy the 'let him bring his own players in' arguement because surely that's the role of the DF - assuming we ever get one? If anythiny we're playing worse than we did when Murty was incharge.