Which First Team Players Would You Want To Keep?

Inigo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Honestly wouldn't bat an eye if we sold any of them.  I don't think we could get one player in a league select first 11.

Arguably only Foderingham, but he's a goalkeeper ffs :lol: Not one outfield player would get in.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Wes and Hyndman if we could extend loan.

The rest I'd have no issues with if we offloaded.

Edit.

It's easy to say offload - if the player is contracted which all bar Miller Hill senderos Hyndman and Toral are afaik, then the power is in their hands.

Exactly we can't get rid of the majority of the duds, maybe loan them out, if anyone will have them.

56 minutes ago, williamcarvel9 said:

Warburton this season could have spent money on a couple of real quality players. Instead he wasted money on numbers.

Next season I think we should address the spine of the team not numbers, so bring in a quality centre back, centre mid and striker. Spend 5-6 million in doing so and there should be some improvement.

Therefore, I don't think we should have a massive clearout. Just get rid of shite like Senderos, O'Halloran, Dodoo etc 

And waghorn dont forget him

Only Foderingham.

Realistically though we can't afford a whole new squad given we won't get much if we sold any of the current lot, so guess would have to add Hill, Holt, Rossiter and get Hyndman on loan again.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wes, Wilson, Hodson, Hyndman?, Garner & McKay (on his last chance) 

Beerman would get a starting 11 place. 

Just a thought but if Beerman does keep going and can be a starter could we look to push Wallace into the left mid position? 

Might alleviate his defending struggles.

Also thinking about the right side-keep Tav up the park with Hodson or a new RB-I know its been tried and again allow for us to play a wing back who can actually defend

Not many of them for sure. I'd like to see the new keeper in action, spunked money on him n never been seen.

Miller, Hill, Senderos, Kiernan, Holt, Halliday, Kranjcar and Hodson can all leave in my opinion I'd also say that waghorn n dodoo need to do something to merit staying, likewise Forrester.

Basically the team and squad is fucked.

We won't be able to replace the entire first eleven.  I do think we'll need to get 5 quality players in during the summer to make a difference.

From this squad I think we could keep this lot for next season:

Foderingham, Wallace, Tavernier and Rossiter.  I still think Kranjcar could be an asset.

Two quality CBs are badly needed.  Maybe we could get away with Wilson for another year if he had someone solid next to him.  Hill, Kiernan, and Senderos must go.

Rossiter looked great at the start of the season.  Kranjcar was coming on to a game before his injury.  Holy has no end product.  Halliday is shite.  Windass and Crooks look like they simply aren't good enough.

I wouldn't keep any of our forward players.  Waghorn, McKay, MOH, Miller, Garner, get rid of them all.  If the manager went 4-4-2 then maybe MOH could be used on the right but fuck knows.

More than anything we need attackers that can hurt teams.  We are toothless up front and our goals per games this season is embarrassing.  

Jamie Walker and Jason Cummings might be good editions but even they could be beyond our budget.  We need to get the deadwood out pronto.

43 minutes ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

Just a thought but if Beerman does keep going and can be a starter could we look to push Wallace into the left mid position? 

Might alleviate his defending struggles.

Also thinking about the right side-keep Tav up the park with Hodson or a new RB-I know its been tried and again allow for us to play a wing back who can actually defend

Honestly I would let Wallace go, as for Tav everything he does screams play me further forward but when we do he has a nightmare. 

I would keep Hodson only as a squad player, we need a new RB in place for next season. 

If we are being realistic then I cannot see any more than one or two players being brought in, and very few leaving, we have far to many players on long term contracts and with their poor performances this season it's very unlikely that anyone will pay anywhere close to a reasonable fee for them, so unless Warburton really does rate any of his signings then we will be stuck with them until their contracts run out, so assuming this to be the case if we can only sign a maximum of two players then one would have to be a midfielder with body strength right in the centre, whenever I see our opponents it's actually embarrassing how much we get bullied in there, it really has been men against boys this season, I would also like to see a target man who can score and also be able to bully the opposition, of course I'd also like a big hard fucker of a CH as well, another to put the fear into opposition forwards, someone who can win a fuckin header and go through cunts, but that is three signings so now it's wishful thinking, basically I'm looking to fix the spine of the team first and then take it from there.

Without looking at other posts.

Foderingham 

Hill 

Beerman (based entirely on last night)

Garner (maybe he'd be alright with a better strike partner)

That's about it. I'd have said Rossiter too if he wasn't invisible nearly all of the time. I genuinely think the team is dogshit and I think holding open trials for fans would bring us a better standard of player.