Caixinhas WDL ratio has never been over 45%

Maybe I've missed it but I've not seen/heard anywhere near enough people "gunning for him" yet to justify people moaning about others "gunning for him". Plenty, including myself, have and are expressing doubt but I haven't spoken to, heard or seen many if any that have wrote him off yet. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is a absolute mess Pedro has been here less than a month and has inherited Warburtons squad, the players aren't suddenly going to turn into world beaters. Guardiola could be in charge and the team would still struggle to get results week in week out, the problem is some of the players we have are too inconsistent and not good enough.

Time to face facts our cheap board when for the cheap option.  One of europes best up and coming managers was available next season and practically said he wouldn't rule out coming here.  I bet you our cheap skate board never even picked up the phone to him. 

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Time to face facts our cheap board when for the cheap option.  One of europes best up and coming managers was available next season and practically said he wouldn't rule out coming here.  I bet you our cheap skate board never even picked up the phone to him. 

Assuming you're talking about FDB, there's not a chance we would've got him.

He said he wouldn't rule it out to the camera out of politeness.

16 hours ago, Young Bob said:

As has been said nobody would have taken this squad to 2nd place. If Pedro manages it he is capable of miracles.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell of us reaching second in the league with the players we've got. Not even Jesus Christ himself could get this lot to play well consistently and I'm not sure that Caixinha is the manager we need and I'm positive that our current board is a waste of space.

There's no right or wrong in this imo 

Pedros not done much to merit a job like ours or set the place alight since he's been here either 

but everyone saying he needs time and needs money to get rid of this dross and bring in players he can trust before being judged properly are also 100% correct 

My view is more he's too much of a gamble appointment and even though he needs funds he should still be winning these games in the meantime - I don't think that's unreasonable at all 

19 hours ago, Pennyboy said:

A good result? Is this what we have become accustomed to ffs, a fckn last gasp equaliser against the tarriers. Not to mention murty having lost more games than he won, but hey , he can do a crackin headstand. 

Fuck up.

One of the "imagine celebrating a draw" crew? 

Did he lose more than he won? Lost two, won three as far as I remember.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Fuck up.

One of the "imagine celebrating a draw" crew? 

Did he lose more than he won? Lost two, won three as far as I remember.

So you must be a '3rd is ok crew' 

maybe that's ok for you but it certainly isn't for me, so you fuck up and get behind the fckn manager instead of fantasising about murty.

Yeah, let's write off the manager 3 games into his tenure whilst he is implementing his principles and style of play on a team of shitebags who just aren't good enough. 

The guys not even had a transfer window to bring in his own players yet ffs, pathetic OP.

23 minutes ago, Pennyboy said:

maybe that's ok for you but it certainly isn't for me, so you fuck up and get behind the fckn manager instead of fantasising about murty.

You know that Pedro was very impressed with Graeme Murty? No ones 'fantasising' about him but he did a decent job in the circumstances and you slating him when you can't get your facts right is laughable.

3rd isn't 'ok' but its where we are and thats largely down to the players and the lack of proper investment in the squad. Pedro should get our support and Murty our thanks. 

21 hours ago, Pennyboy said:

A good result? Is this what we have become accustomed to ffs, a fckn last gasp equaliser against the tarriers. Not to mention murty having lost more games than he won, but hey , he can do a crackin headstand. 

Sir Walters 3 in a row team got pumped 3-0 at parkhead. It's never been a easy place to go.  A draw has always and will always be a decent result there. 

Murty was clearly starting to turn the team around. Shite start but the last 2 games were two of best performances of the season 

My heart wants 4 wins out the next 4 games but my head is telling me we won't win 1 but I hope I'm completely off the mark. If we come to that point can we still blame the players?

Nothing so far has impressed me about Pedro from his previous WDL ratio to naming the team to subbing EH against killie although maybe he was protecting him from the pitch although he talks well.

We should by now all be aware that this isn't (in all likely hood) an appointment we'd make if we weren't on our arse (it's possible the man will be a revelation and is far better than his record/cv suggests).

If we're being honest and basing our initial thoughts on form then the appointment of the manager is based on things other than actively trying to take them across the city, on.

I hope the man is ruthless and exceeds all expectation naturally but look at who've we'd had as managers since Walter, the goings on at our club, the investment/quality of players etc. etc. and come to a conclusion other than this manager has been appointed for reasons other than aspirations to win competitions in the immediate future.

Warburton had little experience as a manager and was brought in by the current powers. I seem to remember he was happy with the level investment in players - which was a fucking joke if winning the league was even an ambition. He stated we were extra prepared for the start of the season yet were huffing and puffing out our arse throughout the team for the first how many games?

I expect this manager in all seriousness is another stopgap appointment to take the Derry for lack of ambition/investment. A non-entity within the game who jumped at the chance to manage at a club like ours despite all the strings and baggage attached.

I really hope I'm wrong and I wish the manager every success but my honest assessment on our form this season is that we've architected 3rd so next seasons 2nd is an "improvement" or a "step in the right direction" and in turn, it buys another season for the powers that be. Now some won't like that opinion but in my view, the end of last season was alarm bells going into this division and it was clear beyond our eternal optimism that if quality wasn't brought in and the manager didn't adapt we'd struggle - we didn't bring in quality and the manager didn't adapt and we have struggled since the start with predictable consequences. Warburton was a yes man and his removal from our club was merely the latest embarrassment that when combined with the previous 5-6 years means we are a club to be avoided by anyone with any standing at present.

Scrimp and fanny the legions until we have to do something to avoid them getting 10 seems to be the course. A treble was on the cards for them prior to January and in the window we did exactly the square root of fuck all to stop it, that says it all about where we are at.

51 minutes ago, Pennyboy said:

Naw, I'm no, it's fucking embarrassing.

In an absolute shambles of a season, with no real manager, predicted to get pumped, 3/4/5-0, and snatch a draw, at the piggery, of course I was happy.

22 hours ago, Pennyboy said:

Obviously we need to aspire to much more but it was clearly a good result in the circumstances and gave the fans something to cheer 

On 07/04/2017 at 1:45 PM, RFC Eagle said:

You know that Pedro was very impressed with Graeme Murty? No ones 'fantasising' about him but he did a decent job in the circumstances and you slating him when you can't get your facts right is laughable.

3rd isn't 'ok' but its where we are and thats largely down to the players and the lack of proper investment in the squad. Pedro should get our support and Murty our thanks. 

I agree with you , he did do well cosidering the  circumstances, but people on here wanting him in place of Pedro is simply laughable 

26 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

His win percentage is not the full story. The clubs he has managed have overachieved. He's never been at a Rangers, big fish in a small pond type club where he should win most weeks. 

He has the right mentality to manager a club like ours anyway. Lets hope he has the ability to match that. 

As said before, won't judge him properly until December time.