Edmiston House

thebooler

34 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Forums only speak for a small percentage of our support, Vast majority of our support don't use forums, Pretty sure if it was done properly it would be full on every match day.

I don't think the Marshalls will lose sleep over a few people on the internet having a dislike for them and even if they had a part to play in EH,Based on the transformation from the stadium bar to what it is now, They don't do things on the cheap, None of them have done any harm to me and the Louden is a superb Rangers pub/bar and can only imagine if they had any part in EH it would be the same quality and high standard.

They don't. The punters pay for it ALL! That's business.

It's nowt about the locale. It's about the company one keeps.

Tell Whitney I was asking for him.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

If there's a problem with asbestos would it not be cheaper to  just to flatten it and then redevelop the site. 

I'd agree with that. The quote below is from a survey. The sooner it's used the better because it's just sitting there and the club still pays rates on it

Site 3)    Edmiston House, 100 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow, G51 2YX

The property is situated in Edmiston Drive and is accessed via Harrison Drive, to the North; it is approximately rectangular and runs in a north-south direction, with its western and eastern extents defined by Ibrox Stadium and Copeland Road. The location has numerous public transport links as Cessnock and Ibrox Subway Stations are close by, as is Paisley Road West, which is the main bus into the City Centre. Glasgow airport is only 15 minutes away if the nearby M8 Motorway is used.

Suitable for demolition and rebuild or conversion.

Proposal: Hotel/ Sports bar catering for football fans and tourists.

4500 sq metres of commercial office accommodation,

Secure fenced site of 5139.5 sq metre with 94 car parking spaces

Offers over £800,000

£120.49 per sq of building foot print and carpark

Advantages
Less expensive to buy than city centre locations.

Less expensive rates than city centre locations.

Close to subway system

Design unlimited by pre-existing structure.

Lots of parking.

Less financial outlay needed.

Disadvantages
Outside City Centre.

No planning permission.

Cheaper per sq metre than city centre

https://www.uniassignment.com/essay-samples/tourism/location-factors-appropriate-to-the-development-tourism-essay.php

1 hour ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Forums only speak for a small percentage of our support, Vast majority of our support don't use forums, Pretty sure if it was done properly it would be full on every match day.

I don't think the Marshalls will lose sleep over a few people on the internet having a dislike for them and even if they had a part to play in EH,Based on the transformation from the stadium bar to what it is now, They don't do things on the cheap, None of them have done any harm to me and the Louden is a superb Rangers pub/bar and can only imagine if they had any part in EH it would be the same quality and high standard.

Fair enough. I'm sure if it goes out to tender they'll be considered. 

Oh wait a minute. It won't go out to tender?

1 hour ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

So you're now agreeing that the club could make some serious income from EH?

Or are you saying only the Marshalls could make it successful?

What experience do the Marshalls have in Hospitality and providing high class food? Do you think big Rab has the necessary etiquette required for a 4 or 5 star function suite?

Serious question btw as I honestly don't know.

5 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Yes. The Louden Tavern doesn't belong to Rangers FC. What's your point?

I was responding to a post where you said nobody would go to EH if the Marshalls were in charge. People go to the Louden when the Marshalls are in charge, you think they're less likely to if the club are in charge? :confused:

21 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

If there's a problem with asbestos would it not be cheaper to  just to flatten it and then redevelop the site. 

Probably. I suggested earlier turning it into a car park for now, charge a premium for premium parking, and then when the club is in a better position financially, do a new build.

Not a gym though...........?

3 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Probably. I suggested earlier turning it into a car park for now, charge a premium for premium parking, and then when the club is in a better position financially, do a new build.

Not a gym though...........?

Cost a few quid to demolish and king aint paying.

33 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

D ntf there's a problem with asbestos would it not be cheaper to  just to flatten it and then redevelop the site. 

Thats not how IT works with asbestos mate as IT would need stripped out IN the same way either wAy, IT costs plenty due to the work of double bagging washing the bags the disposing at a registered site.

14 minutes ago, bluepeter said:

I was responding to a post where you said nobody would go to EH if the Marshalls were in charge. People go to the Louden when the Marshalls are in charge, you think they're less likely to if the club are in charge? :confused:

Firstly, I never said "nobody".

I said "people", as in people who are not happy that the gravy train keeps feeding the blue pound boys.

I can assure you, if the Marshalls get their paws on EH, and EH CIC has anything to do with it, after Greg categorically stating that the CIC has nothing to do with EH, there's gonna be all hell breaking loose, which will be made 100 times worse if he's the SLO when it happens. 

Another potentially serious COI coming our way soon.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

They don't. The punters pay for it ALL! That's business.

It's nowt about the locale. It's about the company one keeps.

Tell Whitney I was asking for him.

Did the punters pay to transform the Stadium bar into the Louden ?

Don't think it matters what company they keep,His pub is full to capacity every home game,Then again maybe it's full of Rangers supporters that don't use the internet or just people that like the Marshalls and the company they keep, Perhaps it's just full because it's a great Rangers pub, Something regardless your dislike of them this is something you can't deny.

Why also do you assume i speak to Houston ? I would need to know him otherwise it would be pretty silly walking up to him saying a guy from Rangers media was asking for you and Houston asking who i was..No

Why also are you bringing your hatred for people into a perfectly good thread when most people are simply debating ideas and what's best for it.

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Cost a few quid to demolish and king aint paying.

Probably. The original plan, whatever it was, fell through because the club never came good on their side of the bargain.

Hence Greg keeping putting the date back.

7 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Don't think it matters what company they keep,His pub is full to capacity every home game,Then again maybe it's full of Rangers supporters that don't use the internet or just people that like the Marshalls and the company they keep, Perhaps it's just full because it's a great Rangers pub, Something regardless your dislike of them this is something you can't deny.

Why also do you assume i speak to Houston ? I would need to know him otherwise it would be pretty silly walking up to him saying a guy from Rangers media was asking for you and Houston asking who i was..No

Why also are you bringing your hatred for people into a perfectly good thread when most people are simply debating ideas and what's best for it.

Try looking at it another way mate.

Would we not be better having the club renovate the building and run it? Maybe they'd be more successful, and have the venue open all week, instead of this one day a fortnight you speak of, when it wouldn't matter what pub it was or who ran it, it would be full due to its location?

9 minutes ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

The reason IS because Friday has a Y IN IT mate, he doesnt attack anyone on days without a Y.

33 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

What is the problem with asbestos ? Have you been inside EH.

You couldn't also just flatten it,Any asbestos would still have to be removed before it was demolished.

So you would then have the removal of asbestos costs,costs of demolition and costs to build a new building

Asbestos is only dangerous if it's disturbed and airborn,I'm pretty sure there isn't swirling clouds of asbestos floating around EH, It can be found in a number of things from wall panels,floor tiles,fireproofing and insulation, If it was built in the 60's there's a high probability there will be quite a lot of it, But again unless someone has went inside and battered everything with  a sledgehammer and ripped everything apart, Then it will be quite safe.

To give you an example, Ibrox primary across from the stadium is riddled with it and marked with little yellow markers to warn people not to touch it and they haven't closed the school, Most high rise blocks of houses in Glasgow either still standing or been demolished are and were full of asbestos,Most houses in Glasgow built in the 60's will still contain asbestos, It was mainly used for it's insulation and fireproof property's,Most older houses plaster walls are full of asbestos.

Downside is it's very expensive to remove due to the dangers and cost of disposing of it, If you've ever seen an old concrete garage at the back of someones house, There is a very high probability that the roof will be asbestos sheeting.

If it's not disturbed it's fine, But If it needs removed it's costly, The unwashed would have you believe Ibrox is the only building in the world that has it, But strangely ignore that their own main stand will have just as much as Ibrox has due to it's age.

40 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Try looking at it another way mate.

Would we not be better having the club renovate the building and run it? Maybe they'd be more successful, and have the venue open all week, instead of this one day a fortnight you speak of, when it wouldn't matter what pub it was or who ran it, it would be full due to its location?

Of course it would be better if the club ran it and all the income went back to the club, But my take on it is i have no input as to what happens to it,But in my opinion i'm neither here or there who runs it as long as someone does something with it as it's an absolute eyesore and as it stands even empty,It's costing the club thousands per year in rates.

I already gave an example of why the wee Rangers club is only open at the weekend and EH would have to be something very special to open everynight,Because it's owned by Rangers and next to Ibrox stadium doesn't mean it will be full everynight.

Most pubs in the area during the week have a handful of people in them, The Louden doesn't open midweek unless there is a game and it's only open on the matchday,Simply because there is no demand for it outwith this.

Whoever decides what's to be done with it will have to get it spot on or it could end up a very expensive flop.

It would easily cost a couple of million to get it to a decent standard, But personally i would rather see that money being spent on the stadium, Lease EH to someone who will do all the work and EH will still belong to the club and all the work would be done maybe.

Otherwise just sell it, The club saves thousands on rates and invest the proceeds back into the stadium.

There are no easy answers other than throwing millions at it and hoping for the best or just get rid of it and lose one of our assets.

8 hours ago, thebooler said:

Firstly, I never said "nobody".

I said "people", as in people who are not happy that the gravy train keeps feeding the blue pound boys.

I can assure you, if the Marshalls get their paws on EH, and EH CIC has anything to do with it, after Greg categorically stating that the CIC has nothing to do with EH, there's gonna be all hell breaking loose, which will be made 100 times worse if he's the SLO when it happens. 

Another potentially serious COI coming our way soon.

You said "people won't go there if it's the Marshalls." If you meant "some people won't go there" then obviously you're right.   There are literally billions of people who won't go, that statement is meaningless if you meant 'some people.' 

Also, what do you mean by "all hell breaking loose?" The same 'some people' bashing their keyboards in anger? It would make little difference to attendance.

11 hours ago, thebooler said:

People won't go there if its the Marshalls. That's already been seen on various forums, etc.

The club need to do something with it, or just leave it until they can do something.

9 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Just pointing out The Stadium Bar when it was a tarrier cesspit was full on match days as well. 

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Just pointing out The Stadium Bar when it was a tarrier cesspit was full on match days as well. 

Exactly.

Nobody's answered my questions on Rab Marshalls suitability to run such a venue. Or does nobody know?

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Nothing to do with thousands of fans getting off the subway and seeing the nearest boozer and all to do with the people who own it apparently? They've only opened a business out of the goodness of their hearts and its nothing to do with it being a goldmine on matchdays? 

Its a business premises that aims at a target market. Its not rocket science that a Rangers themed pub would be a profitable venture between the subway and the stadium.

3 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Nothing to do with thousands of fans getting off the subway and seeing the nearest boozer and all to do with the people who own it apparently? They've only opened a business out of the goodness of their hearts and its nothing to do with it being a goldmine on matchdays? 

Its a business premises that aims at a target market. Its not rocket science that a Rangers themed pub would be a profitable venture between the subway and the stadium.

Easiest business venture in the world. 

More of a Corkerhill Masonic man myself at least you get elbow room in there.