Edmiston House

thebooler

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Are these two documents connected? if so planning permission has been given subject to a grant

Planning Applications (1)

Use of call centre (Class 4) as gymnasium (Class 11) operating 24 hours per day, seven days per week and external alterations to entrance.
Ref. No: 12/01151/DC | Status: Decided - Grant Subject to Condition(s)

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/propertyDetails.do?activeTab=relatedCases&keyVal=N5I6BIEX03J00

If thats the case it'll be pure gym.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, thebooler said:

Wondered what fellow Bears think the club should use EH for?

Heard some good ideas like a museum and pub.

Should the club investigate possible uses, or should it be left as is for now, until we've got a decent team sorted out?

EH could be used as collateral for a loan?

I don't know if anyone's thought about that, or if it's been done before. Then they could turn the loan into shares. The club would then regain ownership of EH, and do it all over again. 

Rinse and Repeat. ?

4 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Are these two documents connected? if so planning permission has been given subject to a grant

Planning Applications (1)

Use of call centre (Class 4) as gymnasium (Class 11) operating 24 hours per day, seven days per week and external alterations to entrance.
Ref. No: 12/01151/DC | Status: Decided - Grant Subject to Condition(s)

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/propertyDetails.do?activeTab=relatedCases&keyVal=N5I6BIEX03J00

Don't think it means it's subject to getting a grant, Pretty sure it means they will grant the application for planning if the conditions of the planning application are followed and agreed.

4 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I don't know if anyone's thought about that, or if it's been done before. Then they could turn the loan into shares. The club would then regain ownership of EH, and do it all over again. 

Rinse and Repeat. ?

How much do you think EH is worth ?

Just now, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

How much do you think EH is worth ?

Using a certain Spanish city's calculator, about £25million?

If only we could get some dodgy loan deals, like another club, based in Glasgow, but thinks it's Irish?

I hope you have noticed, by now, that I was not being serious. EH is just a big waste of money, although the club, probably, don't have the cash to get it sorted into whatever they want to do with it. 

If EH was a player it would be Jordon Rossiter. If Jordan was a building, he would be EH.?

20 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Using a certain Spanish city's calculator, about £25million?

If only we could get some dodgy loan deals, like another club, based in Glasgow, but thinks it's Irish?

I hope you have noticed, by now, that I was not being serious. EH is just a big waste of money, although the club, probably, don't have the cash to get it sorted into whatever they want to do with it. 

If EH was a player it would be Jordon Rossiter. If Jordan was a building, he would be EH.?

The money isn't there to refurbish it and the longer it sits the more money it will cost to refurbish it.

Even though it sits empty we will still be paying council rates for it at a slightly discounted level,But would imagine it would run into thousands per year.

It either needs to be sold or used,It's been empty for years now and becoming an eyesore, Your perhaps looking at the best part of a couple of million or more to refurbish it dependent on what you want to do with it or how fancy you want to make it.

It will still be sitting empty in the months to come as the clubs next task is repairing some of the roofs which will begin in the summer and contracts have been signed,Apparently the plastic sheeting which covers the ends of the Copland and Broomloan stands is also being replaced with new stuff,Which is long overdue.

Know a couple of other things but can't post on here about it.

They should flatten it and build a new big pub, with a place to dine and drink above that and a museum on the top level.  Why should we not take a slice of the money our fans spend before games ? And a dining area would be booked out on match days as people would drink while having a meal.

I see it as space we should do something with to increase our revenue

5 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Rinse and Repeat. ?

Or it could become Club1872 HQ and do the same

Just now, Smile said:

Surely there's a phone box about that could be used for this purpose.

LOL, the thought of it becoming Club1872 HQ popped into my head when I read TheWhitesettlers post but if you add it to coplandbears Idea, club 1872 will be raking it in for the benefit of fanownership  :lol:

8 hours ago, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

The money isn't there to refurbish it and the longer it sits the more money it will cost to refurbish it.

Even though it sits empty we will still be paying council rates for it at a slightly discounted level,But would imagine it would run into thousands per year.

It either needs to be sold or used,It's been empty for years now and becoming an eyesore, Your perhaps looking at the best part of a couple of million or more to refurbish it dependent on what you want to do with it or how fancy you want to make it.

It will still be sitting empty in the months to come as the clubs next task is repairing some of the roofs which will begin in the summer and contracts have been signed,Apparently the plastic sheeting which covers the ends of the Copland and Broomloan stands is also being replaced with new stuff,Which is long overdue.

Know a couple of other things but can't post on here about it.

Why don't they bulldoze EH and make it a Disabled Car Park? Then, when we ARE in a better financial position, we could have a completely new build on the ground with a museum and cafe style souvenir shop?

No alcohol, and open all day to anyone.

Make money from it.

45 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

What a pishy wee club like Killie have all that. You can't be serious surely. ??

I was bar manager at Rugby Park for a couple of years.

4 star hotel with 4 or 5 bars and 2 restaurants. 4 hospitality suites on matchdays, and I think it was 84 rooms.

Full nearly every weekend with weddings, etc.

Sold it to pay off some of their debt to BOS.

Just now, thebooler said:

4 star hotel with 4 or 5 bars and 2 restaurants. 4 hospitality suites on matchdays, and I think it was 84 rooms.

Was it covering the cost of running it? 

34 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Why don't they bulldoze EH aitd make it a Disabled Car Park? Then, when we ARE in a better financial position, we could have a completely new build on the ground with a museum and cafe style souvenir shop?

No alcohol, and open all day to anyone.

Make money from it.

Why not just a carpark and charge a match day fee for using IT, our hard of walking fans can use the many spaces at the back of the SJS which would cut out the longer walk.

Why people make a rod for fellow fans by using the word k DIsabled Isnt nice. We could have an ugly fan carpark so you could have a space right enough .:tongue:

It has to be converted into a money generator, whether that be a fan zone like Man City have or even a rentable pitch or pitches.

I like the Man City idea; it isn't a pub, it's almost festival-like, but under-cover and modern looking with a bar and a big screen showing highlights, match coverage, etc. It's mobbed every single week, as far as I know.

City%20Square%20image.ashx?h=450&w=800

businessdesk__1282632627_citysq.jpeg

32 minutes ago, thebooler said:

I thought it was making big losses?