Edmiston House

thebooler

37 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Exactly.

Nobody's answered my questions on Rab Marshalls suitability to run such a venue. Or does nobody know?

I'm sure already creaming himself at the thought of running it. All them blue pounds.

As for suitability, maybe nobody will comment in fear of offending.

As for me, on a matter of principle whether he is suitable or not, I wouldn't give them the steam off my pish, not that they give a fuck as there are plenty of gullibles out there more than willing to do so.

Father and son are at least doing the right thing in keeping a low profile in fear of upsetting current and prospective customers, but the big picture reasons as to why are coming to light. Such is life. There is an agenda to fulfill and a pound to be made.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Nothing to do with thousands of fans getting off the subway and seeing the nearest boozer and all to do with the people who own it apparently? They've only opened a business out of the goodness of their hearts and its nothing to do with it being a goldmine on matchdays? 

Its a business premises that aims at a target market. Its not rocket science that a Rangers themed pub would be a profitable venture between the subway and the stadium.

TBf anytime I'd been in the louden on Duke street it was fairly busy as was the one further down towards the old red lion.

I went to red lion anytime I was staying down the PR as it was more what I look for in a Rangers boozer. I was just making the point that the other two loudens seemed to do ok. Not really my type of boozer for what I like right enough 

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I'm sure already creaming himself at the thought of running it. All them blue pounds.

As for suitability, maybe nobody will comment in fear of offending.

As for me, on a matter of principle whether he is suitable or not, I wouldn't give them the steam off my pish, not that they give a fuck as there are plenty of gullibles out there more than willing to do so.

Father and son are at least doing the right thing in keeping a low profile in fear of upsetting current and prospective customers, but the big picture reasons as to why are coming to light. Such is life. There is an agenda to fulfill and a pound to be made.

Again to be fair to the folk who go In loads of people only go in as they get off the subway and go for a pint and don't know about some of these pathetic squabbles that go on online about all manner of things big and small.

loads of folk go on the underground get off See a Rangers boozer and go in. If I said to them don't go here or there they'd say fuck off it's right at the underground and plays songs over the sound system. So they're happy enough 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

TBf anytime I'd been in the louden on Duke street it was fairly busy as was the one further down towards the old red lion.

I went to red lion anytime I was staying down the PR as it was more what I look for in a Rangers boozer. I was just making the point that the other two loudens seemed to do ok. Not really my type of boozer for what I like right enough 

Most pubs round Ibrox, including the previous Louden and those on PR, are packed on matchdays. I was just pointing out that its not an altruistic venture and its opening times reflect that. You can deduce nothing about the popularity of the owners just because its packed on matchdays.

Just now, RFC Eagle said:

Most pubs round Ibrox, including the previous Louden and those on PR, are packed on matchdays. I was just pointing out that its not an altruistic venture and its opening times reflect that. You can deduce nothing about the popularity of the owners just because its packed on matchdays.

I get that. but like my post above to BA mate a lot of folk take no notice of the online world (I think in the main that's for the best TBH)

The club should have it's own boozer, museum, restaurant etc all incorporated into the one place. 

Boozer would be packed out for functions and matchday. Restaurant would be handy in tour days etc and the museum would be popular all year round. 

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I get that. but like my post above to BA mate a lot of folk take no notice of the online world (I think in the main that's for the best TBH)

The club should have it's own boozer, museum, restaurant etc all incorporated into the one place. 

Boozer would be packed out for functions and matchday. Restaurant would be handy in tour days etc and the museum would be popular all year round. 

Costs money and we dont have enough.

Wonder what went wrong with Blair and Marshalls original plan.

Just now, Young Bob said:

Costs money and we dont have enough.

Wonder what went wrong with Blair and Marshalls original plan.

TBH I genuinely don't know why green bought it back for in the first place

10 hours ago, thebooler said:

Probably. I suggested earlier turning it into a car park for now, charge a premium for premium parking, and then when the club is in a better position financially, do a new build.

Not a gym though...........?

If a car park it should be for disabled fans as we do not have enough places for the disabled at Ibrox. 

But if anything  ever happens on that site where EH is must be 100% Rangers owned with 100% of the profit going to the club.

I can't see any reasonable fan disagreeing with that, as its a gold mine waiting to happen and the club need to redevelope it.  

34 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

And what exactly do you like? ?

32 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Again to be fair to the folk who go In loads of people only go in as they get off the subway and go for a pint and don't know about some of these pathetic squabbles that go on online about all manner of things big and small.

loads of folk go on the underground get off See a Rangers boozer and go in. If I said to them don't go here or there they'd say fuck off it's right at the underground and plays songs over the sound system. So they're happy enough 

Makes ye wonder why the club never acquired the premises down the years.

The focus for any business plan for EH would have to be for the benefit of the Govan community, for it to be successful, as fans will only be at the stadium every other Saturday.  

My idea would be:

The club leased EH to Govan projects CIC and form a 'Grass Roots Football Club' Which helps the youths of the Govan area.

Ground floor: Indoor football pitches, (Grant from UEFA)

Kids don't kick the ball about in the streets anymore and parents don't like them playing in the streets.This facility could be used by fans every other Saturday.

First floor Coffee shop/sandwich bar and toilet facilities (Grant from GCC development fund

This could be used during the week for college taster courses and as a Youth community center on an evening. This facility could be used by fans every other Saturday.

2nd floor: Youth Health Drop in Clinic, Youth Counselling, Careers Adviser  (Grant from government Community development fund}

The asbestos would have to be removed but the removal would fall on the club as they would be leasing the building but C1872 could help out with projects money to get this done via a vote to members or maybe Rangers Charity Foundation could run a fundraiser specifically for this purpose.

The Main Brick Building

All club business offices could be placed on the Argyll side with the main brick building being used as a tourist attraction

Museum, restaurant, Ibrox tour offices, SLO drop in center, ticket office and mega store 

The Car Park

This could be upgraded to a multi story car park that could be used during the week as a park and ride scheme to keep city center traffic down,and a shuttle service to the airport. This facility could be used by fans every other Saturday. Leaving parking around the stadium for executives and the disabled.

Surrounding Area:

The area around the stadium needs landscaping, the area near the stairs could be a memorial garden with a plaque and sitting area  I'd install a market site for those selling collectables, and during the week for a local market with the pitch money going to the club.

I like the idea of some kind of community building. Is it big enough to be a sports centre? That would really reinvigorate things.

would love to see a musuem at Ibrox and it could be a huge success if it were done in the right way. Having been to Real Madrid and Bayern Munich the museums which are part of their stadiums there are amazing and dont see why it could not be replicated by us. it would add so much to the whole Ibrox visit experience.  Maybe something on a temporary basis at EH could work as a musuem however I feel it is a wee bit too far away / detached from the stadium.  

7 minutes ago, Ibroxric72 said:

I like the idea of some kind of community building. Is it big enough to be a sports centre? That would really reinvigorate things.

would love to see a musuem at Ibrox and it could be a huge success if it were done in the right way. Having been to Real Madrid and Bayern Munich the museums which are part of their stadiums there are amazing and dont see why it could not be replicated by us. it would add so much to the whole Ibrox visit experience.  Maybe something on a temporary basis at EH could work as a musuem however I feel it is a wee bit too far away / detached from the stadium.  

Edmiston House
100 Edmiston Drive, Ibrox
Glasgow G51 2YX

– 30,000 sq ft (2,787 sq m)
– 94 car parking spaces
– Floor plates c.10,000 sq ft
– Excellent transport links & connectivity

2nd 10,600 Sq ft
1st 9,700 Sq ft
Ground 9,700 Sq ft

http://docs.novaloca.com/65941_634840775048546250.pdf

21 hours ago, thebooler said:

Of course. EH being a hotel couldn't lose. It's nearly impossible. 

Disagree on that.

People forget that at best, there would be serious foot fall on 8% of the year.

The other 92% is relying on local traffic and some irregular visitors. 

3 hours ago, bluepeter said:

You said "people won't go there if it's the Marshalls." If you meant "some people won't go there" then obviously you're right.   There are literally billions of people who won't go, that statement is meaningless if you meant 'some people.' 

Also, what do you mean by "all hell breaking loose?" The same 'some people' bashing their keyboards in anger? It would make little difference to attendance.

Well for one, I wouldn't go to any establishment owned or managed by the Marshalls. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

30 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Edmiston House
100 Edmiston Drive, Ibrox
Glasgow G51 2YX

– 30,000 sq ft (2,787 sq m)
– 94 car parking spaces
– Floor plates c.10,000 sq ft
– Excellent transport links & connectivity

2nd 10,600 Sq ft
1st 9,700 Sq ft
Ground 9,700 Sq ft

http://docs.novaloca.com/65941_634840775048546250.pdf

You'd get a maximum of 2 6 a side pitches (minimum 1600 sq m for 2) plus you would need changing facilities, services for utilities, a reception and space for lifts and stairs.You'd also need to make sure no structural walls were being removed.

Not saying it cant be done but its an enormous undertaking. Probably easier to demolish and purpose build a facility for a similar cost.

59 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

The focus for any business plan for EH would have to be for the benefit of the Govan community, for it to be successful, as fans will only be at the stadium every other Saturday.  

My idea would be:

The club leased EH to Govan projects CIC and form a 'Grass Roots Football Club' Which helps the youths of the Govan area.

Ground floor: Indoor football pitches, (Grant from UEFA)

Kids don't kick the ball about in the streets anymore and parents don't like them playing in the streets.This facility could be used by fans every other Saturday.

First floor Coffee shop/sandwich bar and toilet facilities (Grant from GCC development fund

This could be used during the week for college taster courses and as a Youth community center on an evening. This facility could be used by fans every other Saturday.

2nd floor: Youth Health Drop in Clinic, Youth Counselling, Careers Adviser  (Grant from government Community development fund}

The asbestos would have to be removed but the removal would fall on the club as they would be leasing the building but C1872 could help out with projects money to get this done via a vote to members.

The Main Brick Building

All club business offices could be placed on the Argyll side with the main brick building being used as a tourist attraction (Museum, restaurant, Ibrox tour offices, SLO drop in center, ticket office and mega store 

The Car Park

This could be upgraded to a multi story car park that could be used during the week as a park and ride scheme to keep city center traffic down,and a shuttle service to the airport. This facility could be used by fans every other Saturday. Leaving parking around the stadium for executives and the disabled.

Surrounding Area:

The area around the stadium needs landscaping and i'd install a market site for those selling collectables, and during the week for a local market with the pitch money going to the club.

You've put a great deal of thought into that, and it looks like all the club and 1872 have to do is remove the asbestos and renovate the building, then take the rents in every month.

I'd keep the food and beverage outlets under the control of the club though as this would probably be the biggest money spinner.

I know the taigs get a shit load of money from GCC and it's various associated groups in rental, so why not us?

Such a facility would possibly be a first for any club in the UK. 

I like the idea of all the grants that could be available.

I'd send that to the club. Seriously. I would.

32 minutes ago, TheLawMan said:

Disagree on that.

People forget that at best, there would be serious foot fall on 8% of the year.

The other 92% is relying on local traffic and some irregular visitors. 

Possibly. But if you hold functions every weekend, there would be room bookings there.

What about Rangers Coaching schools in the summer? Weekend package including hotel to train with Rangers?

A Premier Inn type of hotel where staff are the absolute minimum and costs are low. 

There's a load of ways to fill a cheap and cheerful hotel at one of the world's most famous clubs, though I do agree on the actual matchday footfall. 

36 minutes ago, thebooler said:

You've put a great deal of thought into that, and it looks like all the club and 1872 have to do is remove the asbestos and renovate the building, then take the rents in every month.

I'd keep the food and beverage outlets under the control of the club though as this would probably be the biggest money spinner.

I know the taigs get a shit load of money from GCC and it's various associated groups in rental, so why not us?

Thank you. Good point about the food and beverage as the club need to utilise every last penny. In my idea the mega store site (as it is now) would be empty. Maybe that could be used for a Coffee shop/sandwich bar and toilet facilities leaving the 2nd floor of EH for changing facilities etc. it would need putting into a proper business plan before being sent to the club so that it wouldn't be dismissed. I don't have that Skill.

7 minutes ago, thebooler said:

Man United use their old Cliff training facility for their football in the community programme and I think Man City are building/have built something similar at the Etihad complex. I don't think its something that's achievable by the club in the short term as even with grants it will cost a considerable amount to get up and running. Its definitely something to aspire to, along with the redevelopment of the whole area immediately surrounding the stadium. We have a magnificent iconic stadium but the surroundings don't do it full justice.