Edmiston House

thebooler

7 minutes ago, thebooler said:

So where is the money going tae come from if innybodyinelse renovated it? ? 

The fans who will use IT will pay for IT mate, the upfront costsvwill come from a brewery who will want their beer IN as they know the quantities that will be punted john Gilligan has been the topman IN Tennents and will know exactly what he will get IF they go that route.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, piperpete said:

The fans who will use IT will pay for IT mate, the upfront costsvwill come from a brewery who will want their beer IN as they know the quantities that will be punted john Gilligan has been the topman IN Tennents and will know exactly what he will get IF they go that route.

But you've just said it would be cheaper to buy the old Swallow.

Now you're saying the fans would pay for it.

I'm confused.

7 minutes ago, thebooler said:

But you've just saitd it would be cheaper to buy the old Swallow.

Now you're saying the fans would pay for it.

I'm confused.

I answered the question you asked, I didnt think IT was that hard to answer  If anyone else was to upgrade IT

8 minutes ago, piperpete said:

I answered the question you asked, I didnt think IT was that hard to answer  If anyone else was to upgrade IT

No buying that yin mate.

Could the club renovate it and have the fans paying for it, or would they be better buying the old Swallow, as you've said?

If yes, then why don't they do it? Gilligan is on our board.

Or maybe Gilligan and the EH CIC are the future?

15 minutes ago, thebooler said:

No buying that yin mate.

Could the club renovate iit and have the fans paying for it, or would they be better buying the old Swallow, as you've said?

If yes, then why don't they do it? Gilligan is on our board.

Or maybe Gilligan and the EH CIC are the future?

No matter who renovates IT or buys IT the people who will end up paying for IT IS the fans, when we renovate a bar ITs the punters who pay for IT IN the end.

ASDA build a new shop they put the money upfront and their customers end up paying IT back.They dont drop their prices once the INitial layout has been paid back.

14 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

@piperpete you not fancy taking it ( buttH) on?

No chance mate, too much poliit right ics INvolved, you would get accused of chasing the bluepound for a start. The club should be the only ones to do IT and IF they cant afford IT IM sure theres a few big breweries wanting the outlet to getbtheir products INto which IS where you get your upfront cash as prepaid discount, you pay for IT but IT gets you up and running , the busier IT IS the quicker you pay back the loan, I would think they would be tied for 5 years and woukdnt be able to pay IT right off for 4 years.

2 hours ago, piperpete said:

No matter who renovates IT or buys IT the people who will end up paying for IT IS the fans, when we renovate a bar ITs the punters who pay for IT IN the end.

ASDA build a new shop they put the money upfront and their customers end up paying IT back.They dont drop their prices once the INitial layout has been paid back.

So you agree the club can do it and get a return on their money?

No chance mate, too much poliit right ics INvolved, you would get accused of chasing the bluepound for a start. The club should be the only ones to do IT and IF they cant afford IT IM sure theres a few big breweries wanting the outlet to getbtheir products INto which IS where you get your upfront cash as prepaid discount, you pay for IT but IT gets you up and running , the busier IT IS the quicker you pay back the loan, I would think they would be tied for 5 years and woukdnt be able to pay IT right off for 4 years.

So could this be the EH CIC plan?

On 08/04/2017 at 0:35 AM, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

What is the problem with asbestos ? Have you been inside EH.

You couldn't also just flatten it,Any asbestos would still have to be removed before it was demolished.

So you would then have the removal of asbestos costs,costs of demolition and costs to build a new building

Asbestos is only dangerous if it's disturbed and airborn,I'm pretty sure there isn't swirling clouds of asbestos floating around EH, It can be found in a number of things from wall panels,floor tiles,fireproofing and insulation, If it was built in the 60's there's a high probability there will be quite a lot of it, But again unless someone has went inside and battered everything with  a sledgehammer and ripped everything apart, Then it will be quite safe.

To give you an example, Ibrox primary across from the stadium is riddled with it and marked with little yellow markers to warn people not to touch it and they haven't closed the school, Most high rise blocks of houses in Glasgow either still standing or been demolished are and were full of asbestos,Most houses in Glasgow built in the 60's will still contain asbestos, It was mainly used for it's insulation and fireproof property's,Most older houses plaster walls are full of asbestos.

Downside is it's very expensive to remove due to the dangers and cost of disposing of it, If you've ever seen an old concrete garage at the back of someones house, There is a very high probability that the roof will be asbestos sheeting.

If it's not disturbed it's fine, But If it needs removed it's costly, The unwashed would have you believe Ibrox is the only building in the world that has it, But strangely ignore that their own main stand will have just as much as Ibrox has due to it's age.

If we have to remove the asbestos whether we knock it down or renovate then surely it would be better to start from scratch and have the site fit the needs of a modern building rather than develop a dilapidated 60's box, which when I was in the Function suite in the. 90's was quite dated. 

1 hour ago, thebooler said:

So you agriine theifinlub can do it and get a return on their money?

Yes IF dont correctly, IF IT was me I inould do the one floor get IT up and running getting money pouring IN from first game next season, whether you like him or not Rabs model would be the way with plenty taps plenty staff to get the money IN, after a few month you would have found out IF the gamble worked to decide to put more money INto a full renovation or not.

I wouldnt think IT would take long  To fix one floor out depending on the asbestos situation But you can work round IT without a full strip out.

So you agriine theifinlub can do it and get a return on their money?

Yes IF dont correctly, IF IT was me I inould do the one floor get IT up and running getting money pouring IN from first game next season, whether you like him or not Rabs model would be the way with plenty taps plenty staff to get the money IN, after a few month you would have found out IF the gamble worked to decide to put more money INto a full renovation or not.

I wouldnt think IT would take long  To fix one floor out depending on the asbestos situation But you can work round IT without a full strip out.

21 minutes ago, piperpete said:

So the club could be onto a winner here?

Could you give any reason whatsoever why any football club wouldn't want to do this, other than they owe someone for a previous act of goodwill?

Wouldn't it be prudent to go out to tender, IF the club went down that route?

Because........I ain't giving the club money to remove asbestos, for them to then turn around and HAND the building to big Rab.

I mean that mate.

Nothing personal. Just that all this scratch ma back and I'll scratch yours needs tae stop.

18 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

If we have to remove the asbestos whether we knock it down or renovate then surely it would be better to start from scratch and have the site fit the needs of a modern building rather than develop a dilapidated 60's box, which when I was in the Function suite in the. 90's was quite dated. 

Ibrox primary has loads of asbestos in it and the council have spent loads of money on it modernising it, Doesn't mean because it has asbestos it should be knocked down, The council spent the money on the school because it wasn't viable to remove it,pay for demolition and build a new school.

Lots of old run down building can be bought and renovated easily to bring them into the modern world, There's some real nice materials that can be used like timber and stone cladding to sort the outside.

But it all comes down to cost.

English please?

Didnt Sweethart not put up a application for change of use  to a gym and fitness center up the other day. The top floor Spearmint Rhino room will have the fans lapping IT up and will be poles above anything at anyother ground IN Britain.

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

Didnt Sweethart not put up a application for change of use  to a gym and fitness center up the other day. The top floor Spearmint Rhino room will have the fans lapping IT up and will be poles above anything at anyother ground IN Britain.

That was the last planning permission proposal on EH

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

Here's the doc

On 06/04/2017 at 11:08 PM, Sweetheart said:

Planning Applications (1)

Use of call centre (Class 4) as gymnasium (Class 11) operating 24 hours per day, seven days per week and external alterations to entrance.
Ref. No: 12/01151/DC | Status: Decided - Grant Subject to Condition(s)

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/propertyDetails.do?activeTab=relatedCases&keyVal=N5I6BIEX03J00

Just found this site 

https://publicaccess.glasgow.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=M5GM3ZEX0FZ00 

There are the proposed floor plans and a application doc which states development would cost £200K back in 2012, I'm not sure how much would need to be added for inflation to bring it up to today's prices.

Also info here about EH CIC  41100 - Development of building projects