Trevor Francis

ps95v7

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, mabawsa said:

You must have been lonely bud, cos we where all at Hampden that afternoon for the 3-3 draw in the Skol Cup Final vs the Sheep. Super's exocet free kick included. ?

Didn't want to say :lol:

Thoughts go out to him and his remaining family.

Checked up and he only played 18 times for us but still left a positive mark, none more so than that penalty. :nailbiting:

The fact there is a thread says enough. 

5 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Doh! I misread that post :lol: He did score a penalty at Ibrox which he took in front of me (and the rest of the Broomie) after a 2 step run up, though! :tu:

I think your mind is playing tricks on you bud, I remember me and the lads always said the day Trevor Francis scored for Rangers we would have a slap up meal....we never got that meal as we didn't count his penalty shoot out goal.....either that it's my mind that is playing up:confused:

7 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I think your mind is playing tricks on you bud, I remember me and the lads always said the day Trevor Francis scored for Rangers we would have a slap up meal....we never got that meal as we didn't count his penalty shoot out goal.....either that it's my mind that is playing up:confused:

Rest easy mate, it's clearly me. You're right, he didn't score in regular play. I just have this memory of him taking a penalty against someone when I was in the Broomie. Maybe he missed, of course! :lol: Sure it was against a wee team when we were 3 or 4 up, now I think about it. Maybe Morton or Dunfermline.

Did he not become the UK's first £1,000,000 player? Well it was £1.1 million with the tax but Cloughie always stated it was £999,999.99 so it would not go to the player head.  Also score the winner against malmo for Forest in Munich in the European cup final and after that he went on the Italy who were a top top league at the time.

Exceptional player in the same mould as Daglish and Keegan, always a decent polite guy throughout his career and my thoughts are with him and his family. 

7 hours ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Haha

Remember thinking he looks too casual with this, no way he's scoring with this, ffs.

Yeeeeessssssssss! Thank fuck!

The one step kick?, just showed his class, every cunt else those days took a long run.  

The skol cup finals against Aberdeen have never been matched in any cup competition since as over a period of years we had some amazing games with Aberdeen playing their part with the 3-3 game the best by far and one of my favourite finals 

19 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Was in the Broomloan that day, right in front of him taking it. heart in the mouth or what? Looked like he was going to pass it to JL.

Genial player. Don't forget his part in Coisty's goal v's Dynamo Kiev! 

Sad to hear she has passed. RIP.

Eh???? The game was at Hampden. League cup final penalty shootout !!!!

13 hours ago, hammer93 said:

? we were the only club in his entire career that he failed to score for !