ST Renewal Intentions

Inigo

Will You Renew?  

433 members have voted

1. 1. Will you renew your season ticket or buy a new one?

• Yes, will renew/ I have already renewed
    • No, won't renew as I object to the current Board
    • No, won't renew as I can't afford it/other commitments
    • No, won't renew as I'm just not interested
    • No, won't renew for another reason
    • Might renew, depends on price rises
    • Might renew, other reason (explain)
    • Wasn't ST holder last year, but will buy this year.

The renewal deadline is Monday 15 May so there is time yet for those who have not yet decided or who change their mind.   Interesting to note the % so far who have decided not to renew or who were undecided and 'might' renew.   If those %s are reflective of the intentions of the overall number of ST holders at the time when ST renewals close on Monday it might yet be that King and Robertson have a bit of selling job to do for the public sales.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother won't be renewing his as he is going to work in Australia so I want to start taking the nephew. Will I be able to change his name on Friday so he can get juvenile. Because I don't want to lose our seats as we have sat there for years and I'm not renewing until I can gaurntee my nephew will be beside me. I'm sure it will be ok but will I need to get a letter from my brother allowing this and obviously need nephews passport for details etc. No point contact ticket office as there response time is rubbish. Will be over Friday to sort it but just a wee heads up of what I will need will be appreciated 

1 hour ago, davis1986 said:

My brother won't be renewing his as he is going to work in Australia so I want to start taking the nephew. Will I be able to change his name on Friday so he can get juvenile. Because I don't want to lose our seats as we have sat there for years and I'm not renewing until I can gaurntee my nephew will be beside me. I'm sure it will be ok but will I need to get a letter from my brother allowing this and obviously need nephews passport for details etc. No point contact ticket office as there response time is rubbish. Will be over Friday to sort it but just a wee heads up of what I will need will be appreciated 

If a relative dies you can get a change of ownership if you bring the death certificate, so I'd imagine a letter requesting the transfer of ownership from your brother should do the trick.

This is the nearest info you'll get on the website...

https://rangers.co.uk/fans/help-faqs/transfers-name-changes/

28 minutes ago, Inigo said:

If a relative dies you can get a change of ownership if you bring the death certificate, so I'd imagine a letter requesting the transfer of ownership from your brother should do the trick.

Thanks a lot appreciate it ?

Got a letter a few weeks back which I assumed to be my renewal application and never opened it till Monday as I was being lazy about filing it in. Instead of a renewal application it turned out to be a letter telling me id renewed automatically, a bit cheeky really but it saved me the bother of filling it in.I know Kings a bullshitter and I don't really expect him to follow up on his promises but I buy a season ticket to watch Rangers not to support this or that board . Maybe a naïve and even gullible way to look at things but that's just me and probably  most supporters, that's the way I looked at it with the last lot in the boardroom as well.

I'm not renewing, it's down to the fact this board are craven cowards. Nothing to do with budgets, promises of £50mil investment or player acquisitions. I can accept defeat even to the mhanky mob, humiliation at their hands is a harder dish to swallow, but we take it and move on.

But this board cowardness and any sort of fight in them, has done it for me.  it's a futile protest i know as they don't give two monkeys as to what the fans want, they simply pay lips service to us and our reps wishes.

There's rumbling in the ranks and the Bears are getting restless, no PR, no fight, i'll whisper it, there is talk of protest.

Renewed mine and my sons yesterday, was wanting a move from br2. Girl said only other place you can get a kids season ticket for £55 is cd7, but will email me once the deadline passes. Does anyone know the price for a juvenile for the main stand? Sat there for years and maybe fancy a move back.

4 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

Got a letter a few weeks back which I assumed to be my renewal application and never opened it till Monday as I was being lazy about filing it in. Instead of a renewal application it turned out to be a letter telling me id renewed automatically, a bit cheeky really but it saved me the bother of filling it in.I know Kings a bullshitter and I don't really expect him to follow up on his promises but I buy a season ticket to watch Rangers not to support this or that board . Maybe a naïve and even gullible way to look at things but that's just me and probably  most supporters, that's the way I looked at it with the last lot in the boardroom as well.

Surely you must have requested that in some fashion?  I haven't heard of anyone else getting that.  

2 minutes ago, govanblue said:

Surely you must have requested that in some fashion?  I haven't heard of anyone else getting that.  

I got the same letter and I can't remember requesting it either (might have done) but saves hassle of filling the form in just need to sort my CCCS now. 

1 minute ago, RFC RYAN said:

I got the same letter and I can't remember requesting it either (might have done) but saves hassle of filling the form in just need to sort my CCCS now. 

On this year's paper renewal form there is a box that says "If you wish your s/t to be renewed each year with the same [card] details, please tick the box" - but it's quite unclear, and the kind of thing you would just tick, as you were ticking all the rest.

then further down - even more damning!...

If you choose to pay your s/t by 4 monthly card instalments, we will automatically renew your s/t each year

So yeah, a bit cheeky, but tbh I'd do exactly the same. Not doing so would miss out on thousands of renewals.

I'm also sure that if you contact them before season starts and say you don't want to renew, they'll surely cancel it, and refund any money taken

8 hours ago, davis1986 said:

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

As @Inigo says take in a letter from your brother stating that he is moving abroad and he wants to transfer his ST to keep it in the family and they will change it over. I did this last year with my brothers ST, just said that he couldn't afford it as not working but wanted to keep it in the family. They said there would normally be a charge for changing it but waived it for me, possibly as I was renewing 4 tickets. Also if your nephew has his own Rangers number already take a note of that with you too as they'll already have his details on the system. 

16 minutes ago, Andy Little's Boots said:

As @Inigo says take in a letter from your brother stating that he is moving abroad and he wants to transfer his ST to keep it in the family and they will change it over. I did this last year with my brothers ST, just said that he couldn't afford it as not working but wanted to keep it in the family. They said there would normally be a charge for changing it but waived it for me, possibly as I was renewing 4 tickets. Also if your nephew has his own Rangers number already take a note of that with you too as they'll already have his details on the system. 

The charge is usually £25 to change seat details. 

6 hours ago, Andy Little's Boots said:

Brilliant mate cheers 

Thinking about it you will be correct Govan Blue, they wont have renewed my ticket without me approving it and it wont be the first time ive filled a form in without reading it properly. I bet I'm not the only dozy twat that's done it with this form, all immaterial anyway as I always intended renewing which I suppose makes half my earlier post a bit pointless.

18 hours ago, Pennyboy said:

Renewed mine and my sons yesterday, was wanting a move from br2. Girl said only other place you can get a kids season ticket for £55 is cd7, but will email me once the deadline passes. Does anyone know the price for a juvenile for the main stand? Sat there for years and maybe fancy a move back.

CD7 isn't the best view. We got put there last season for one if the tim games. I'm sure it's about £110/£120 for juvenile seats in other areas of the stadium. 

Follow up 

was able to transfer my brother to nephew no problem at all and no letter needed wrote as he was present. Only needed the wee mans passport. Didn't need to pay extra to swap the name or anything. Women in office was extremely helpfully. My god didn't think i would ever write a good report about the ticket office but well played today. Thanks to the posters that gave me feedback. Glad the book will be staying in our family as part of the rangers family again. We might be shite just now but we won't always be so remember these days when we have our success and remember what we have all been through and it will make it even better.

No surrender

3 hours ago, jintybear said:

CD7 isn't the best view. We got put there last season for one if the tim games. I'm sure it's about £110/£120 for juvenile seats in other areas of the stadium. 

I beg to differ. I think CD7 is a great view

3 hours ago, jintybear said:

Thanks mate, I know ,I was put in cd1 for one of the smeltic games and it was crap view , plus you need an iron lung to get up those stairs!!! Just fed up sitting in br2 and always getting the shittest seats possible when you get moved , if your not in cd1 or 7 your right up the back , row AA or AB

38 minutes ago, blueretro said:

I beg to differ. I think CD7 is a great view

I'm scared of heights and I had a bit of vertigo! Plus we couldn't see the scum so I couldn't shout abuse at them ?! The stairs to club deck are killers as well!