New Number 3

jcb

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

Assistant manager at Finland atm I think.

Also coached here previously, lived here most of his career, and would have most likely played more for us but for the injury sufffered up at Pittodrie. But na, disappointing appointment, we'll find a reason why don't worry. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Based purely on how they all present themselves it appears that he is the most intelligent/articulate of all the candidates. 

Perhaps PC is looking for something more than a rabble rouser. 

Best of luck to him anyway. 

Guest Lloyd72
4 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

:lol: really?

Record Sport understands the Finn has emerged as Caixinha 's choice for a coaching role at the Ibrox club after a series of interviews. 

it's understood that Billy Stark - a right hand man to Tommy Burns during their time together at Celtic - was also considered for the role. :lol:

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-announce-jonatan-johansson-pedro-10189022

2 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Is it because he's an ex Ranger that won't question the manager, the board, like Alex Rae or Barry Ferguson would.

Ive nothing against JJ, just don't understand what's being achieved here.

I don't understand what being acheived by taking on Caixnha.

Too much emphasis has been put on this anyway, it won't matter who it is in the grand scheme of things. It's Pedros way and if it was JJ Rae or BF the end result will be the same. 

Good luck to whoever gets it. Be an easy job too. Pedro needs the low down on the situation with Aberdeen....they hate us, ok what about Hearts, yip, Dundee? Oh fuck aye.....

Battle every game. Everyone hates us, Man Utd and Real Madrid for a reason

Far too much importance has been placed on this. JJ has plenty of experience of Scottish football and life here from the perspective of an adapting foreigner. He's also played over 50 games for the club, a century of international appearances, experience as an assistant at international level and worked in Motherwell and Mortons youth set up - both of which, while not producing superstars nor even players good enough for us, have still relied heavily on their own academy produce to build their squads. 

More than qualified for this position, a better resume as a coach than Ferguson and comes with about 0% of the risk he would bring with him. 

4 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

The guy that told me is a big mouthed cunt. Personally I can't go him.

at the time I laughed at him, but he said JJ would get the job and I laughed at that also. Looks like the cunts right.

He keeps telling anyone that listens that he knows a lot of folk within Ibrox and is Houstons pal.

Don't believe it mate as far as i was told it was only Rangers players well ex who were interviewed 

2 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Only PC knows what he wants from the appointment - trust the manager on this 

No doubt he had a sat, but did he pick him? This post was tailor made for Miller, but no doubt too expensive for this current regime and disrespect to JJ, but there is no comparison to Miller, who would also be a right handy sub.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

No doubt he had a sat, but did he pick him? This post was tailor made for Miller, but no doubt too expensive for this current regime and disrespect to JJ, but there is no comparison to Miller, who would also be a right handy sub.

I agree on Miller - but maybe PC still wants him as a player and U20's coach. 

Hopefully not a choice by the board 

3 hours ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Another poor decision imo 

not holding out much hope for next season tbf

What makes you think its a poor decision? Barry Ferguson would be a horrific one imo for obvious reasons, but what makes you think this is a poor decision?