In pedro we Trust

Smile

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

One swallow doesn't make a summer, let's just see how we get on in the SC. Great result today, but tbh it was a bit of a freak result, because we are getting totally battered.

All the best chances were Rangers and while the sheep had twenty minutes putting us under pressure with direct football no way were we getting totally battered at any point in the game. Don't blame the sheep for going direct because just like the leagues first placed club ,their pitch is only fit for sheep.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, julescotia said:

This pic says it all about his character ......

JS116541173.jpg

Untitled.thumb.png.255ea820987e7856c4fe2f90ad1aa46d.png

This actually worries me a bit. This reminds me of Ronnies fist pumps and playing to the crowd.

Hopefully just a passionate guy and can back it up.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, let's just see how we get on in the SC. Great result today, but tbh it was a bit of a freak result, because we are getting totally battered.

Thought the swallow signified spring :pipe:

Don't care how we played, I'm so fucking proud of my team today, never saw that coming at all! Well done Pedro, had the balls and vision to make the right changes. How many times under MW would we have seen Dodoo left on the bench, for example. Am sure the best we would have got under him would be a 0-0. 

Pedro's there yet, but the signs seem more than encouraging!!! 

:UK: 

7 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

This actually worries me a bit. This reminds me of Ronnies fist pumps and playing to the crowd.

Hopefully just a passionate guy and can back it up.

100% genuine and must be noted that Pedro has hardly acknowledged the fans yet, hopefully keeping a crowd surf for the semi ?.

Why do you disagree? We were getting trounced and scored a couple of quickfire goals on the break.

Previous game at Pittodorie we dominated them, we created chances dominated the ball and got beat....today we defended and hit on the break with worse players than Warbs had on the field....

For me it was about tactics - hit on the break,defend crosses work hard....I'm unsure what the issue is?

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

I don't think ye can say today was a freak ffs could've easily of been 4 goals. Under the cosh we defended great and made them pay

has Hayes Rooney or mcginn had quieter games this season doubt it game plan worked perfectly

I disagree Kirk . We were nowhere near as commanding as the score or yourself suggest .Yes it could have been 4 /6 in a perfect world on clear cut chances . Still think we were dross for most of it . I think most people in match thread seemed to .think that way too .Plus 3-0 was totally unexpected from the way we have been playing for weeks

Keeping feet on the ground .

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I disagree Kirk . We were nowhere near as commanding as the score or yourself suggest .Yes it could have been 4 /6 in a perfect world on clear cut chances . Still think we were dross for most of it . I think most people in match thread seemed to think that way too .

Keeping feet on the ground .

winning is all that matters lets be honest mate

Just now, KingKirk said:

winning is all that matters lets be honest mate

Too right it is . Especially against this shower .Over the moon tonight like the next bear .

Just want us to keep it in perspective . Many more difficult games approaching that  mean much more to this bear .

These will be the ones , I will be judging our Manager . Good start though . 1 big game and 1 Win :tu:

2 hours ago, julescotia said:

This pic says it all about his character ......

JS116541173.jpg

Untitled.thumb.png.255ea820987e7856c4fe2f90ad1aa46d.png

This is the type of character we need, a bit if fight in us, the same group of players would have folded under the pressure a few weeks ago. 

2nd spot might not be so unachievable based on what we saw today. 

2 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Why do you disagree? We were getting trounced and scored a couple of quickfire goals on the break.

If u watch his interview he says he wanted to hit them on the break and because they where commiting there  fullbacks he brought joe dodoo and windass on for pace... so the fact it worked u think is a freak result? Quick fire yes, but its because he changed it not a freak result 

42 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Previous game at Pittodorie we dominated them, we created chances dominated the ball and got beat....today we defended and hit on the break with worse players than Warbs had on the field....

For me it was about tactics - hit on the break,defend crosses work hard....I'm unsure what the issue is?

This

For all the sheeps huffing and puffing Wes only had one top class save. We should've been two up at half time and should have scored four in the second half. Why some people think 0 - 3 isn't a true reflection of the game is beyond me. 

Very early days but there's some encouraging signs. Excited to see what the summer brings if he gets the backing he needs to overhaul this team.

I still think 2nd place is gone but to go to their shithole and win 3-0 regardless of the overall performance is a fantastic result especially when we've went there with far, far better sides and struggled.

We have only scored over two goals four times this season in the league. Once under Warburton, once under Murty and Twice under Caixinha.

We've kept three clean sheets in his four games in charge. The only goal we have conceded was against Motherwell when three of our back four were struggling with knocks or illness.

You take into account the way he changed the game today in the second half, had to blood in young guys into the defence and win convincingly in a big game away from home really has me optimistic about the future.

Feet firmly on the ground though.

3 hours ago, The Tavernator said:

Pedro's learning the Scottish game. He's shown he understands our players and how to change things when necessary. 2 wins and 2 draws is a good start. It will give the players the confidence they lost under MW. The's sun's shining again.

I tend to agree with this. We won't get to see exactly how good a manager he is until he has a pre season and a transfer window under his belt. MW could have been great but in the end his inexperience and stubbornness proved to be the undoing of him. Yes it is early days but I think that he has given the team a level of stability that wasn't there before. Looking forward to the semi final, Celtic are, and have been all season, shaky at the back killie, partick motherwell have all shown this to be the case.... Hopefully another 3 minute doing is on the cards for them. 

3 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Not really a freak result.

Fantastic tactically from Pedro today. His gameplan was to sit in, soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter and it worked. He knew exactly what he was doing and its evident they've worked on that defence. 

Sure I read something about his Santos team having 37% posession in a semi final but winning 5-0.