Our Midfield versus theirs

Ok, let's see:

A serie A reject, a Czech misfit, an over-rated 'grafter' (applies to Hartley and Brown), and a one trick pony (applies to Nakamura and McGeady).

Oh I'm scared...

Very well put danny (tu)

Ok, let's see:

A serie A reject, a Czech misfit, an over-rated 'grafter' (applies to Hartley and Brown), and a one trick pony (applies to Nakamura and McGeady).

Oh I'm scared...

:clap::lol: :bouncy:

well put

And I forgot all about Uncle Fester, the biggest flop in Scottish football in terms of reputation since Flo and who may find himself in the Championship next season.

Yup, we have a lot to fear.

We have a very good midfield imo, and I am happy with it. My only concern is right wing. At worst, we put faith in Burke/Novo/Sionko. And if 3 of them vie for one position, surely it will force them to play a lot better?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, let's see:

Oh I'm scared...

Very well put danny (tu)

Ok, let's see:

Oh I'm scared...

:clap::lol: :bouncy:

well put

And I forgot all about Uncle Fester, the biggest flop in Scottish football in terms of reputation since Flo and who may find himself in the Championship next season.

Yup, we have a lot to fear.

We have a very good midfield imo, and I am happy with it. My only concern is right wing. At worst, we put faith in Burke/Novo/Sionko. And if 3 of them vie for one position, surely it will force them to play a lot better?

Lack of competition and inexperience dogged ou team last season.

That might now have been solved.

Threads like this do my nut in.

No offense intended to the original poster, but why are we discussing them ?

Focus on our camp.

We win our games - we win the league. Simple.

Who gives a shit what Celtic do ?

Spot on (tu) .

By the logic of pre-season friendlies, Celtic must be crap because they were hammered 4-1 by Young Boys and drew

1-1 with Basle. They tanked an English side (albeit a once proud one) that's flirted with administraion and struggled in the lower divisions for over ten years.

Brown? Capone? Again, I'll wait to the end of the first quarter before I'll judge any player Rangers or Celtic. Celtic have been busy and have a potentially strong squad, but we've hardly been idle have we? I'd remind people that 'skint and struggling' Rangers have actually signed more players than Celtic. We sign Bosmans and we're derided, Strachan signs them and he's a 'genuis' who never made a bad buy :lol: .

Let's just wait and see.

Celtic beat Basle in Switzerland.

The lost 2 late goals againt Young Boys after playing for 90 mins and training for 1hr 45 mins before the game in fairly warm temperatures.

They humped QPR and beat Peterbrough with ease.

Celtic had a big squad and didnt need to bring in bosmans to bolster the squad. Donati and Brown are not bad buys and make Celtic stronger.

I just hope we improve enough to at the very least compete with them over the course of the season.

it will be tough keeping such a big squad happy but on the other hand it fosters competition which can improve players performances. We need to get in some more players for the same reasons just hope this police thing doesn't put of some of our targets

Its not all about comparing player against player....Its also about how they gel and complement one another.

We have a fairly familiar core with our midfield - Hemdani/BF/Thomson ....hopefully that will be a distinct advantage from the off.

If we play 4 in midfield I would like to see a player in there who can run with the ball...take on players...which is something we have missed and neither the 3 previously mentioned or Adam can do that.

Threads like this do my nut in.

No offense intended to the original poster, but why are we discussing them ?

Focus on our camp.

We win our games - we win the league. Simple.

Who gives a shit what Celtic do ?

Spot on (tu) .

By the logic of pre-season friendlies, Celtic must be crap because they were hammered 4-1 by Young Boys and drew

1-1 with Basle. They tanked an English side (albeit a once proud one) that's flirted with administraion and struggled in the lower divisions for over ten years.

Brown? Capone? Again, I'll wait to the end of the first quarter before I'll judge any player Rangers or Celtic. Celtic have been busy and have a potentially strong squad, but we've hardly been idle have we? I'd remind people that 'skint and struggling' Rangers have actually signed more players than Celtic. We sign Bosmans and we're derided, Strachan signs them and he's a 'genuis' who never made a bad buy :lol: .

Let's just wait and see.

Celtic beat Basle in Switzerland.

The lost 2 late goals againt Young Boys after playing for 90 mins and training for 1hr 45 mins before the game in fairly warm temperatures.

They humped QPR and beat Peterbrough with ease.

Celtic had a big squad and didnt need to bring in bosmans to bolster the squad. Donati and Brown are not bad buys and make Celtic stronger.

I just hope we improve enough to at the very least compete with them over the course of the season.

I hope so too, but my point is that pre-season friendlies can give a false impression. OK, Celtic won most of their tournie games so far (hands up, I was wrong <cr> ) but I still don't think its any reliable indicator of the season ahead.

Brown and Donati have qualities but they have still to be tested as Celtic players during a rigorous domestic campaign.

And isn't Capone a trialist and available on free (so I read?)