Matt Crooks

Gaz52

I honestly can't see him making it here. Might sound harsh as he hasn't really ever had a proper run in the team but where we are aspiring to be I can't see him cutting it.

With the squad overhaul required there is no room for sentiment and ultimately warburton was going to fail for this very reason.

All decisions before or during a game or during a transfer window have to be made with the best interests of our club at the heart of it.

Id be surprised if Caixinha hadn't already watched some of his games for Scunthorpe. Crooks will have to have a good preseason to impress but if we could get a few hundred k for him if let him go with future sell on clauses

1 hour ago, Captain Hilts said:

It was a ridiculous decision by Warburton to throw him in at Tynecastle.

Very harsh judging him based on just 1 game.

From what I've heard he's doing well at Scunthorpe.  Well worth giving him another try IMO.  I'd certainly prefer that to paying off his contract like we usually do.

I agree with you, as even Kevin Keegan played at this level for Scunthorpe.

Definitely worth bringing back in the Summer. Apparently been Scunthorpe's best player since he joined, and they're comfortably sitting in the League 1 playoff places. You'd have to be off your head not to at least give him a chance.

2 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

He's on our books but certainly worth a look from the manager, I'd hope to see Jordan Thompson get a crack in midfield as well, we hardly have an abundance of midfield players.

Jordans energy might suit Pedros playing style.

If he wasn't out on loan we may have seen him given a run out already.

47 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Jordans energy might suit Pedros playing style.

If he wasn't out on loan we may have seen him given a run out already.

hope we do see him, always felt he could/can do a job for us, high tempo suits him but IIRC his passing wasn't shabby either. 

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

hope we do see him, always felt he could/can do a job for us, high tempo suits him but IIRC his passing wasn't shabby either. 

He's neat and tidy from what i have seen of him.

Always thought he would have been a better option than Halliday in that holding role in the championship, a good season there would have stood him in good stead for this season.

Think i read he is out of contract soon?

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

He's neat and tidy from what i have seen of him.

Always thought he would have been a better option than Halliday in that holding role in the championship, a good season there would have stood him in good stead for this season.

Think i read he is out of contract soon?

Contract at Raith is up pretty soon, Rangers deal runs thru May 2018

41 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Contract at Raith is up pretty soon, Rangers deal runs thru May 2018

Ahh thats been my mix up then.

Big season for him then, but i see no reason why he can't make an impression.

He's already played 29 games this season for Raith and has been getting good reviews, so fingers crossed he comes back and gets a chance and takes it.

He's a good bear.

7 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Every contracted player including him Thomson and Hardie shout get the chance to impress Pedro in pre season.

It's down to them to do enough.

Good shout. ??

8 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Since he moved on loan to Scunthorpe, he's made 8 appearances, 4 starts, scored 3 goals and picked up 1 yellow card.

He looked remarkably slow and out of his depth here but he was just back from a long-term injury and was chucked in at the deep end against Hearts at Tynecastle. 

Do you think there's hope for him here or is he someone we should be looking to sell on in the summer? 

Sell, sell, sell.

The boy is slower than a week in the jail.