Gap getting bigger

Pedrono1

Who gives a fuck what he spends, we fucked ourselves in the league this year by not beating all the pish in the league like Ross county etc and having no clue how to play against the so called bigger teams under warburton. Look at all the stupid draws we've had this year along with a few defeats against teams fighting for mid table and relegation battles. Granted we wouldn't have won the league anyway due to this freak run they're on but this gap just makes them look like some insanely good team, fact is we've shown if we change our game plan and show some passion we can match them 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've heard pundits like Huge Keevins on the radio telling us that Brendan Rodgers should be the primary concern for Rangers.  I would completely disagree with that.  Celtic are 30+ points in front of us and shouldn't even be in our thoughts right now.  We need to worry about rebuilding Rangers and getting our own team back in a position whereby we're winning consistently and getting upwards of 70 points a season.  That would be a realistic aim for next season.  Once there we can turn our thoughts to challenging Celtic for this title.

The reality is we only need to play Celtic four times during a league season.  Winning consistently against everyone else puts Celtic in a position whereby they need to be the ones to stop us.  If we treat the Old Firm games like cup finals and get a result or two we might surprise ourselves by winning one which would be a significant result in terms of the league.  This Celtic team isn't invincible and once under pressure we'll start to see the cracks forming.

OF games are as much about the players' ability to deal with the pressure than actual quality on the day. The team whose concentration begins to weaken can quickly fall apart (see sheep game).

We've got a Master of Psychology in charge now; it'll be interesting to see what goes on in the SF.

I fully expect us to win.

Just now, The Tavernator said:

OF games are as much about the players' ability to deal with the pressure than actual quality on the day. The team whose concentration begins to weaken can quickly fall apart (see sheep game).

We've got a Master of Psychology in charge now; it'll be interesting to see what goes on in the SF.

I fully expect us to win.

Hmm think you need to calm down a bit, we got a great result but he's not suddenly 2005 Jose Mourinho. 

1 minute ago, euanRFC said:

To be honest As long as we can beat everyone else consistently. We won't be miles behind them. Then on old firm day results aren't anyone's guess

Yeah it's our form against the other sides that's the problem. Just no real consistency, if we can handle them then we will not be far away at all.  

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Who do.they replace them with? Dembele and Sinclair have worked for them. What if the guys they bring in follow the toure, de vries and Gamboa which is Rodgers usual style of buying players.

that's a team that Deila built not him. That's a team he's got more out of. Him building a team anywhere is a joy to watch for other teams supporters.

People need to stop gettingnso wrapped up in them. Rangers need.to get our.shit right not get wrapped up on what they're doing.

Other than the semi (I believe they were better in that game than the 5-1 game) they've not impressed me. In fact the fact that the team we had starting at the paedo bowl should've came away with a 3 1 win tells me the garngad galacticos ain't quite as good as they think.

Folk buy into it far too much. Let's see how we shape up come August rather than getting upset about an article in their official partners paper in april.

I'd wait till September the 1st before getting worked up or upset at what might happen.

couldn't give a fuck what they do but the fact is they have more money, their willing to speculate to accumulate and other teams roll over for them.

But lets focus on us - a stadium needing repaired, a thin squad of mostly shite and no money, a board with no clue and countless lawsuits against us. Where is the glimmer of hope that people are clinging to and sensing we will improve cos i can't see it. ? Just the new manager? we did that with Warburton.

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

couldn't give a fuck what they do but the fact is they have more money, their willing to speculate to accumulate and other teams roll over for them.

But lets focus on us - a stadium needing repaired, a thin squad of mostly shite and no money, a board with no clue and countless lawsuits against us. Where is the glimmer of hope that people are clinging to and sensing we will improve cos i can't see it. ? Just the new manager? we did that with Warburton.

Warburton's budget was piss poor but what he did have he wasted on shite.

Warburton is just as much to blame for our current situation as King is IMO.

I'd imagine Pedro's contacts will stretch further than Brentford and Watford.

16 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Hmm think you need to calm down a bit, we got a great result but he's not suddenly 2005 Jose Mourinho. 

That's why I said "it will be interesting to see". I'm curious to see how we react to the occasion.

Is that calm enough for you?

3 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Warburton's budget was piss poor but what he did have he wasted on shite. - We won't have an increased budget IMO so piss poor it is again.

Warburton is just as much to blame for our current situation as King is IMO. - King appointed him, didn't back him with enough money, fucked him out in a ridiculous manner. Glad he's gone but it starts and ends with the boards appointmet.

I'd imagine Pedro's contacts will stretch further than Brentford and Watford. - I imagine a lot of things, doesn't make it so. Quality costs money and thats something that's been missing from Ibrox since King came in.

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Warburton spent almost £2m on a striker who doesn't score and brought in no fewer than 6 midfielders this season rather than bothering to look for a couple of competent centre halves, which all evidence suggested we were crying out for.

I'm not saying that King is totally blameless and yes Pedro's budget will probably be poor compared to the tarriers next season, but to say the blame totally lies at his feet is blatantly untrue.

lot of people working on the premise that wee pedros hypothetical spending will be better than the hypothetical spending of Brenda. Brendas spending record isnt great at all. But how do you compare that with a guy who was bartering 3 camels and a fig tree for a player only months ago?

Tbf it isn't about how much they have or spend. 

The league is won and lost at Inverness on a Wednesday, Hamilton on a sunday morning in December etc and not getting beat away to the sheep. 

The OF games are 12 points of the season, and has been shown in the past its about mentality as much as ability. 

We need players who are mentally strong and who can grind out consistent wins, fuck what cellic do.