Gap getting bigger

Pedrono1

33 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Warburton spent almost £2m on a striker who doesn't score and brought in no fewer than 6 midfielders this season rather than bothering to look for a couple of competent centre halves, which all evidence suggested we were crying out for.

I'm not saying that King is totally blameless and yes Pedro's budget will probably be poor compared to the tarriers next season, but to say the blame totally lies at his feet is blatantly untrue.

would you agree that more money tends to buy you the title in Scotland? if so then we can both agree that we are fucked until we get a decent budget and a clear out. .

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

couldn't give a fuck what they do but the fact is they have more money, their willing to speculate to accumulate and other teams roll over for them.

But lets focus on us - a stadium needing repaired, a thin squad of mostly shite and no money, a board with no clue and countless lawsuits against us. Where is the glimmer of hope that people are clinging to and sensing we will improve cos i can't see it. ? Just the new manager? we did that with Warburton.

You're just pissing into the wind. That had fuck all to Do with you getting worked up about the taigs.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

would you agree that more money tends to buy you the title in Scotland? if so then we can both agree that we are fucked until we get a decent budget and a clear out. .

Not necessarily, no.  We won 3 in a row with a squad and budget half the size of the tims.

Money needs to be put forward yes but it also needs to be spent well.

We will need a bit of luck and hope the tims start buying roasters again like they did for most of the 2000's.

As already mentioned in this thread, Rodgers has a history of spending millions on crap.

King needs to provide funds and Pedro needs to spend it wisely.

3 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

I know mate I can't handle much more of their pish, it's soul destroying. If King & co don't have the funds to challenge the scumbag rotten mickey bastards, then he should sell up to someone who does.

We used that mentality to get rid of Murray and it didn't work out too well . I've stated this many times but King is in charge not only because there's no queue to buy us but because there is actually NO ONE to buy us. Scottish football is dead and ironically that may be our saviour because no top player will come to Scotland, so regardless of how much money the tims have they've still got massive handicaps when it comes to recruitment. We had the same problem when we had cash and subsequently spent fortunes bringing in B and C type players on A type money. The tims undoing may be a run in Europe because if they were blowing out of their arse against us in the last twenty minutes at the girodome where we proved the fitter team , then I'd like to see them playing all those extra games. We have to recruit wisely and avoid signings like the monumental waste of money that is Joe Garner.Rogers is coasting at the moment but his real test will be Europe and I bet most opponents will be hoping they draw the tims rather than be quaking in their boots at the thought of Brendas millions ?.

49 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

You're just pissing into the wind. That had fuck all to Do with you getting worked up about the taigs.

show me where i got wound up exactly? i'm simply pointing out the current state our club is in. to think it will change without any basis for that belief is ridiculous. So while we are in shit state the bheasts will capitalise on that.

6 hours ago, Pedrono1 said:

Today the daily rebel and other tabloids are saying Brendan likes todgers is set ti be handed a £15million  transfer kitty in the summer now if this is true which i hope not I can't see us getting anywhere near them next season as there is no way in hell king and go have that sort of cash to invest so to me our only realistic target again is to try finish 2nd again but to reduce the points gap between them and us 

Its only April an is that the towel getting thrown in for next season so it would stupid to buy a season book aw well.

3 hours ago, watpnosurrender said:

the taigs should be punished for there horrendous crimes and kicked out of football or at least put in the 3rd division with a 50 point deduction and a 2 hundred million pound fine that goes to there victims

And extra for that campbell boy to get his beek fixed

8 hours ago, Pedrono1 said:

Today the daily rebel and other tabloids are saying Brendan likes todgers is set ti be handed a £15million  transfer kitty in the summer now if this is true which i hope not I can't see us getting anywhere near them next season as there is no way in hell king and go have that sort of cash to invest so to me our only realistic target again is to try finish 2nd again but to reduce the points gap between them and us 

GET THIS TO FUCK MATE.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Beat ten piss poor teams consistently over the course of a season whilst taking 6/7 points off the beasts and you've won the league.

It's not rocket science.

it's the be all and end all this season imo.

Our inability to beat the shite has cost us. I'd like to see this mob under pressure. It does weird things to even the best teams.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

it's the be all and end all this season imo.

Our inability to beat the shite has cost us. I'd like to see this mob under pressure. It does weird things to even the best teams.

The bottle merchant gene is ingrained in their DNA,we all know what happens when they get a bit of competition and the pressure is on.

This season isn't over but the one thing that's made the difference this term imo is £5m.

4.5m on Sinclair,500k on Dembele.

Apart from they two that's still Deila's side and Dembele wasn't Rodgers signing.

£15-20m spent wisely in the right areas of the park this summer and we'll pish the league next season,all down to the board/King though and it's last chance saloon for them in my eyes.

17 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

The bottle merchant gene is ingrained in their DNA,we all know what happens when they get a bit of competition and the pressure is on.

This season isn't over but the one thing that's made the difference this term imo is £5m.

4.5m on Sinclair,500k on Dembele.

Apart from they two that's still Deila's side and Dembele wasn't Rodgers signing.

£15-20m spent wisely in the right areas of the park this summer and we'll pish the league next season,all down to the board/King though and it's last chance saloon for them in my eyes.

I doubt we will see anywhere near 15/20 MIL sadly mate. 7 at a stretch imo

Our problem will be the continuing problem as it stands, money. All through these years of turbulence no transfer cash has been spent wisely albeit a pittance of what we once spent, it's been been pished against a wall literally, so any money this manager receives transfer wise will have to be shrewdly used, if brenda can waste £300m and win fuck awe he is more than capable of doing the same with £15m, but again our transfer kitty will have to be spent wisely to move forward in the football sense. We'll need a bit of luck in this to combat them in this department. If only in the last 5/6 years we had managerial leadership that put Rangers footballing needs first instead of politics and self interest we'd have won the cup and been in the spfl last season ! One can dream! 

image.gif.2508ba5aa789a9f4f5f3c176df7992cf.gif