Darrius Vassell

port_bear

According to todays newspaper reports he will be allowed to leave Man City for as little as £1.5M as Sven see's him surplus to reqirements.... With suggestions that Walter is looking for a new striker maybe we should go for him, I reckon he would be a great buy and would score for fun alongside Boydie...

I think he's ok, has a few England caps!

Agree with JA here. He's not actually a bad player at all and 22 England Caps is actual a decent enough return.

Also worth noting:

During his second season for the club, he generally struggled to find his best form. In the latter half of the season, many of his appearances were as a wide midfielder, as manager Stuart Pearce adopted a defensive 4-5-1 formation.

We talk about moving forward as a club and getting "quality" players in every position

IMO Vaassell would be a like for like replacement for Novo, the only difference being that Vassell actually has a bit more quality and woudl therefor take us on a level.

Agree with JA here. He's not actually a bad player at all and 22 England Caps is actual a decent enough return.

Also worth noting:

During his second season for the club, he generally struggled to find his best form. In the latter half of the season, many of his appearances were as a wide midfielder, as manager Stuart Pearce adopted a defensive 4-5-1 formation.

We talk about moving forward as a club and getting "quality" players in every position

IMO Vaassell would be a like for like replacement for Novo, the only difference being that Vassell actually has a bit more quality and woudl therefor take us on a level.

Wow, as many as 22!

A guy that has 22 caps in a modern England side can't be bad.

Also worth noting:

Wow, as many as 22!

A guy that has 22 caps in a modern England side can't be bad.

Saying that Phil Neville has something like 52 caps! :craphead:

Absolute negative, my pals a Man City fan and I've ended up watching all their lives games over the last few years. He'd be a right shit signing!! His Man City career started ok but he's free to leave for a reason :craphead: