Houston hits back

plumbGER

15 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

FF isn't really a forum, it's like a wee cult where everyone is hypnotised to think the same way but when someone comes along who isn't under the spell it's open season on them.

That's not my personal opinion, it's the collective opinion of RangersMedia as a whole.

It's good to see someone aiming satire at himself and his forum :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, buster. said:

Some can and in our divisive world will naturally focus on polarised positives/negatives for one forum or another but if you take a step back for a moment, we are all Rangers supporters.

Whilst there will always be disagreements in any walk of life, we seem to be on a never ending climb up the wall of divisory confrontation that has, as a collective, served us very badly.

I'm an FF man as far as forums are concerned (currently sin-binned for looking like Brad Pitt) but I'll offer my particular olive branch towards RM by saying there are at least 238 posters who aren't Jeremy Hunts,,,,seriously, the best thing about it for me is that I'm allowed a voice that goes against the general RM grain.

# Don't hit me with any negative vibes man !

All my bans were always pretty final they must like you over there. date ban lifted used to always say never.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Ethel Cardew name rings a bell. There was something about someone being allergic to peanuts and he posted a pic of a bag of revels asking if said person wished to play Russian roulette, ha

He died am I right?

:lol: that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard. 

I'm sorry if he was some fantastic bluenose that died or something ... still funny :lol: 

Just now, teneriferanger said:

Could someone please explain to me what Houston has done that's so terrible to be on the end of some of the vile abuse he receives on here?

It's already been covered. Read through the comments. I made a list for me personally why I can't stand him. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

:lol: that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard. 

I'm sorry if he was some fantastic bluenose that died or something ... still funny :lol: 

He was a funny guy. Remember at the time that taig sites really hated him. Understandable as he always  ripped pish out of them, ha

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

All my bans were always pretty final they must like you over there. date ban lifted used to always say never.

Sin bin has been fairly standard for a longtime.

It's only the 'real Jeremy Hunts' that get the red card :lol:

5 minutes ago, teneriferanger said:

Could someone please explain to me what Houston has done that's so terrible to be on the end of some of the vile abuse he receives on here?

Can you explain what abuse you consider to be "vile"?

14 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Eh?

First thing that came to mind when I read your question.

ie. A level of abuse can be allowed to or simply becomes the norm/habit and people don't think twice about measuring whatever it may be in relation to scale of abuse.

39 minutes ago, buster. said:

Some can and in our divisive world will naturally focus on polarised positives/negatives for one forum or another but if you take a step back for a moment, we are all Rangers supporters.

Whilst there will always be disagreements in any walk of life, we seem to be on a never ending climb up the wall of divisory confrontation that has, as a collective, served us very badly.

I'm an FF man as far as forums are concerned (currently sin-binned for looking like Brad Pitt) but I'll offer my particular olive branch towards RM by saying there are at least 238 posters who aren't Jeremy Hunts,,,,seriously, the best thing about it for me is that I'm allowed a voice that goes against the general RM grain.

Indeed!

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

I don't know, i'm not calling anyone a ,liar, but I just don't buy those on FF who say they got banned for nothing but challenging that cunt McMurdo, or Toxic Jack. I'm assuming they mean Bawsburst when they say TJ, though I doubt it was him, the amount of time Bawsburst spent on here. Maybe an 'employee' of Toxic Jack, but I doubt it was actually him.

Anyway, I was posting on here back when the 'propaganda war' was in full swing, when the above two and Guardian were posting. I don't know anyone on here that gave any of those 3 as much abuse or challenged them as much as I did. McMurdo was trying to find out my personal details to take me to Court ffs :lol: Fucking treacherous, rat bastard that he is, paid propagandist masquerading as a Rangers fan! To say I was pretty 'coarse' with them would be quite an understatement, though I stand by it, and I feel time has proven me right.

Of course others challenged them as well, Carson's Cat for example, more articulate than me, but what i'm trying to say is I find it hard to believe anyone got banned specifically for challenging anyone on here, whether those mentioned or not. Maybe the personal insults involved were bad enough to warrant it, i got warned myself at times, but just for challenging anyone, or backing King, no chance. FFS, and i'm a founder  member of the RM Kingaling Loyal :UK:

That's a great piece posted from Gersnet. A forum I used to post on a bit under my same user name, but a combination of asking for password change every so often, I forgot it, and my daughter arriving, has me spending less time online in general anyway. A much smaller forum, though with many good posters, where I used to read and absorb more than post on it anyway.

SonofWilliam got a good welcome, of course as he had previously read here, he knew his views would get challenged, I thought he had came on to challenge some on here. But didn't really work out that way so far. To anyone else reading from FF, as I know there are plenty, I ask again, come, express your views, challenge those you don't agree with. It's a football forum, about something we all love, our club, so people are going to get passionate, heated, whatever.

One other thing, I seen someone ask on FF yesterday why Houston was called a Grass, someone answered about the 'Wee Jay' thing, calling Houston a snake, insinuating he only did it as it was RM, as there was loads worse on twitter that he ignored. I think the guy who responded had a point, and this is from someone who was very vocal on here at the time saying the posts mocking that wee lad Jay were wrong. The post is still there on FF I think, not deleted. Is it because of this thread, the accusations of banning for such, I don't know, but it's still there.

That's a lot well covered there, mate. 

11 minutes ago, buster. said:

First thing that came to mind when I read your question.

ie. people don't realise something is X because it is allowed to or simply becomes the norm/habit

In this case X = vile

Vile has to be the most over-used word on the internet today.

Not seen anything that i regard as vile posted on this thread.

Maybe a few personal insults but not vile.

54 minutes ago, buster. said:

Hey, Oddball!

tumblr_mkjmnw8YjM1sn3776o1_500.jpg

Just now, plumbGER said:

Vile has to be the most over-used word on the internet today.

Not seen anything that i regard as vile posted on this thread.

Maybe a few personal insults but not vile.

I changed my post as I read it back and it didn't make sense.

---------

It's subjective opinion and it's no use arguing about it.

Personally I consider the abuse CH has received over a period of time to be way OTT.

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

I changed my post as I read it back and it didn't make sense.

---------

It's subjective opinion and it's no use arguing about it.

Personally I consider the abuse CH has received over a period of time to be way OTT.

Someone who grasses Rangers fans to the police and encourages others to do the same and shows a desire to travel with tarriers to watch Celtic in Europe (I don't care if he denied it, it's true) deserves EVERYTHING he get's.

The only thing I'd draw the line at is death threats and people starting on him at his front door, work or in front of family.

Outwith that he's fair game for all his shite. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Someone who grasses Rangers fans to the police and encourages others to do the same and shows a desire to travel with tarriers to watch Celtic in Europe (I don't care if he denied it, it's true) deserves EVERYTHING he get's.

The only thing I'd draw the line at is death threats and people starting on him at his front door, work or in front of family.

Outwith that he's fair game for all his shite. 

Agree entirely with the first paragraph.

The second part i have to agree about death threats/folk going to his door/work (when he finds a job).

But him and his wee group didn't hesitate on starting on Bears and their families at the superstore during their wee protest so if it happens to him he could have little complaint.

21 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Agree entirely with the first paragraph.

The second part i have to agree about death threats/folk going to his door/work (when he finds a job).

But him and his wee group didn't hesitate on starting on Bears and their families at the superstore during their wee protest so if it happens to him he could have little complaint.

Agree it would be hypocritical of him to complain but he and his cronies are rightfully criticized on here for their behaviour so it would be saddening to hear of others stooping to that level.

9 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

Agree it would be hypocritical of him to complain but he and his cronies are rightfully criticized on here for their behaviour so it would be saddening to hear of others stooping to that level.

Aye, i agree with that.

It's scumbag behaviour and they wonder why folk don't like them:thinking:

He would be the first one online greeting if he received a bit of verbal in front of his family, condemning the perpetrators and claiming they aren't real Rangers fans.

Just like his wee mob did at the superstore when folk used the shop.

What i don't get is, who made him and his mates the judge and jury of the Rangers support?

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye, i agree with that.

It's scumbag behaviour and they wonder why folk don't like them:thinking:

He would be the first one online greeting if he received a bit of verbal in front of his family, condemning the perpetrators and claiming they aren't real Rangers fans.

Just like his wee mob did at the superstore when folk used the shop.

What i don't get is, who made him and his mates the judge and jury of the Rangers support?

Self appointed. The weird thing is that CH's association with those of a colourful past leaves our fans open to the vilest characterization yet he is wanting to be seen as representative of us as a group and the arbiter of our behaviour.