Bullet well and truly dodged

Carsons Dog

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much if a good player fergie was I don't think he's management material in all honesty.  He's 100% desire to win at all costs would have us turning over large amounts of players every 6 month- no doubt there would be falling outs as first and foremost Barry is a supporter and will always look through a supporters eyes rather than a calming managers eyes like Walter did.

loved him as a player in his first spell especially but I'm sure he's better off in the broomy singing instead of dishing out impossible instructions to players

I've no problem with Ferguson. His articles are shit and basically banner waving I'm a big Ranger's man puff pieces but he's at least one of us and was a good captain. This article though just shows that he has too much ego and probably wouldn't be a good fit for a number three. He's basically written that because his wounded ego makes him feel the need to make excuses and explain why he didn't get the job. Pedro will have seen through that with his psychology background as the OP says. He's not right for an assistant role under a manager who is not a big name here. His character, profile, and pedigree in Scottish football would have over shadowed and undermined Pedro when things are not going well as the press would try to get Ferguson's opinion rather than Pedro's just to be cunts and have a field day like a poster mentioned above. Ferguson likes being important too much to stay in the background. Glad we never gave him the job. 

47 minutes ago, The hustler said:

BF will need to get a manager's job somewhere & prove himself before he'd even be considered for the Rangers job sometime in the future. 

That's the way it should always work and gives a better chance of success.

I can't say that I'm surprised that Barry would state that he wanted to manage us in the future whilst being interviewed for a coaching position. Normally that wouldn't be seen as anything other than a young coach showing some commendable ambition . Given Barry's previous though in going against managers and using the media for his own ends then I think it would have been wiser for him just to say he wanted to be part of a successful Rangers coaching staff . 

A bad time managing at Blackpool & Clyde doesn't necessarily mean he's a poor coach but by the same token , being a very good Rangers player doesn't mean you're cut out for the managers role either . He really needs to get another coaching position and concentrate on that and forget using the Record to comment on Rangers matters , if he really wants to progress as a coach and achieve his ambition of managing at our Club .

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Meh, Barry doing what Barry does. 

Ive actually agreed with buster in this thread ( had to sit down before I typed that) he should never have been considered for the job in the first place. 

See that is what some posters never seem to notice that in one area posters can agree and in another aspect, they can disagree.

13 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Ive actually said something very similar in job interviews. 

It's no the same though is it. In most trades progression is always the driving force for everyone. Their is always something better to push for.

wee bit different in the football game when your applying to be a no.3 coach to a new manager and telling him your aim is his job. 

3 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

It's no the same though is it. In most trades progression is always the driving force for everyone. Their is always something better to push for.

wee bit different in the football game when your applying to be a no.3 coach to a new manager and telling him your aim is his job. 

average lifespan of a manager in the SPFL is what? 14 months? By 5 years time chances are someone else (at least 1 person)  will have replaced wee pedro and it wont be barry. Pedro shouldnt feel any heat what so ever because in 5 years he wont be here.

3 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

It was clear he would have made a poor appointment, I did say taking him on would be Pedros biggest mistake.

Those who wanted Barry in the role, I think it proves your lack of intelligence or understanding of the situation. As I said a long time ago, thank god you are not charged with making important decisions at our club.

Even Pedro, been here for such a short period, didn't go with this guy. If this is what he said in the interview it does not show ambition, only stupidity.

Very good player for us, but shit coach and not the brightest or most professional person you'll ever come across.

:thumbup:

14 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

average lifespan of a manager in the SPFL is what? 14 months? By 5 years time chances are someone else (at least 1 person)  will have replaced wee pedro and it wont be barry. Pedro shouldnt feel any heat what so ever because in 5 years he wont be here mate.

Rangers have probably had the fewest managers in professional football. So our mangers timelines are far greater than the average mate.

3 hours ago, Hamie said:

He almost, and may still prove to he the case, relegated clyde out the football league with one of the highest budgets. 

I'm also pretty sure he would have an advantage over almost every team in the league due to his contacts in the game. 

He would be a terrible coach never mind manager. 

He left them in February. If they get relegated now it's not Barry Ferguson that's done it.

28 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

I think if he answered the question by saying he would be happy to still be a number 3, or assistant then it would actually show a lack of ambition.

Pedro has just preferred another candidate, I highly doubt Ferguson's answer played any part in that.