Bullet well and truly dodged

Carsons Dog

36 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Ferguson is pretty lucky in that, between his name and his pals in the press, he will probably go straight from largely failing at Clyde in League Two to a decent Scottish Championship job.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him in the away dugout at Ibrox in a league match within 2 years.

So he will be managing in the Scottish Premiership ( or we will be back in the Championship - you didn't mean that , no ) in two years? No chance, he won't make it as a manager at the highest level. He hasn't shown the necessary attributes.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He stayed in our hotel in Blackpool. Myself and my son were playing pool with scott nisbet and barry walked in. I loved him as a kid and was buzzing to meet him. Never met someone so up themselves. Was gutted. It was if he thought he was better than everyone else. 

Had a drink with Charlie miller and Derek Ferguson and two of them were brilliant and so down to earth. 

Never meet your hero

5 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

He stayed in our hotel in Blackpool. Myself and my son were playing pool with scott nisbet and barry walked in. I loved him as a kid and was buzzing to meet him. Never met someone so up themselves. Was gutted. It was if he thought he was better than everyone else. 

Had a drink with Charlie miller and Derek Ferguson and two of them were brilliant and so down to earth. 

Never meet your hero

Yes mate .You are spot on .His wife is 100 times worse .She thinks she is posh spice    of Glasgeeeeee

29 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Been a manager and manager of managers for many years, in quite a substantial industry - and referring to 'we all have' - well we all haven't - have we stupit.

Get your spellchecker out for that one.

Don't need spellchecker to know that the word you were going for there was "stupid" but I knew what you meant so it's fine.

Good off you pop, why go to the fkn Daily Rebel and blurt out the details of the interview,got enough in Ibrox that sit easy talking to them.

We have enough in Ibrox and elsewhere that run to the rebel will those that are so called "Rangers men" think before you speak.

50 minutes ago, ARockit said:

So he will be managing in the Scottish Premiership ( or we will be back in the Championship - you didn't mean that , no ) in two years? No chance, he won't make it as a manager at the highest level. He hasn't shown the necessary attributes.

That hasn't stopped dozens of garbage managers make a good career in the SPL in the past.

5 hours ago, cushynumber said:

average lifespan of a manager in the SPFL is what? 14 months? By 5 years time chances are someone else (at least 1 person)  will have replaced wee pedro and it wont be barry. Pedro shouldnt feel any heat what so ever because in 5 years he wont be here.

Average length of a Rangers manager is a lot longer than 14 months. If he's successful at what he does then he should have a job for as long as he wants.

6 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I think if he answered the question by saying he would be happy to still be a number 3, or assistant then it would actually show a lack of ambition.

Pedro has just preferred another candidate, I highly doubt Ferguson's answer played any part in that.

Agree with your last sentence, just more click-bait from the DR and people fall for it which is almost as bad a wee judas nobs, who dont need the money, taking their 20 pieces of silver.  

3 hours ago, bluechip said:

Nearly as thick as his big brother. Two great footballers with no brains. 

Yes, but in the pathetic world of Scottish football 'broadcasting' and 'journalism', they are both treated as if they have something to say ...

3 hours ago, hammer93 said:

This is not a pro Ferguson post but I will take issue with posters who lament against his dealings with le guen. 

If Ferguson had an issue with le guen not having the right mentality for being a Rangers boss then that's fine with me, it seems hypocritical that posters who condemn him over these actions will be the same people who will condemn king for his 2nd best attitude or Warburton for not grasping what Rangers were all about, Ferguson clearly has a winning mentality as a player but that dosent make you a good manager either. 

Personally , I think Barry's version of the PLG fall out would be more believable if he himself hadn't chose to leave us for Blackburn fucking Rovers , the statement about a winning mentality sounds a bit hollow TBH , and more like a guy trying to justify himself with the benefit of hindsight .

The guy was an outstanding player for us in his first spell but lets be fair , he always had that selfish streak in him ( it can be argued that without that attitude he may not have made the breakthrough ) that rubbed people up the wrong way so no big surprise that he would fall out with people at times .

His comments regarding the interview IMO are just him or the writer trying to put a bit of positive spin on a failed job application and I'm sure most of us have done similar at one time . 

He may never get the top job at Ibrox , but no harm in aiming high and I wish him well in the future .

8 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Personally , I think Barry's version of the PLG fall out would be more believable if he himself hadn't chose to leave us for Blackburn fucking Rovers , the statement about a winning mentality sounds a bit hollow TBH , and more like a guy trying to justify himself with the benefit of hindsight .

The guy was an outstanding player for us in his first spell but lets be fair , he always had that selfish streak in him ( it can be argued that without that attitude he may not have made the breakthrough ) that rubbed people up the wrong way so no big surprise that he would fall out with people at times .

His comments regarding the interview IMO are just him or the writer trying to put a bit of positive spin on a failed job application and I'm sure most of us have done similar at one time . 

He may never get the top job at Ibrox , but no harm in aiming high and I wish him well in the future .

I personally don't think he is manager material certainly not at Rangers, just for me our support are to quick to chastise former players for what they are doing with their lives at present....i prefer to remember the players and what they achieved and not the shite that they spout in the papers.

10 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Fannies saying 'fuck him' and 'Pedro seen through him' shut the fuck up, apprently as soon as you leave Rangers you're now a wanker. If Barry proves over the years he's a good manager and the situations right etc I'd love to have him if he was right for the job. Welcome home anytime, captain. Fuck le guen anol.

He is wee self centered ned and he writes for that scumbag rag knowing full well what damage it does to the club and fans so fuck him ,hope he never gets anywhere near ibrox in a Professional capacity

23 hours ago, AlCapone said:

well said, a self serving self centred spoiled brat. Imagine the player that led the revolt against double training sessions under PLG having to take a squad for eh double training sessions. Also shows his arrogance and lack of intelligence to say that, you may think it but you keep it to yourself

Spot on Mate