Train Travel Disruption for Partick Game

savenosouls

Just a heads up for anyone travelling from Lanark / Wishaw / Bellshill / Uddingston by train

There is major disruption over the weekend and most services from these stations will be covered by a replacement bus service

See here for further details

https://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/default/files/assets/download_ct/12119_lanarkshire_saturday_15_mon_17_april.pdf

24 minutes ago, savenosouls said:

I understand your pain - however, there is far worse out there!!! 

For the record - it's Network Rail that are responsible for the Engineering disruption!!!

Do you work for scotrail? ?

The whole infrastructure from top to bottom is a mess. This is just another in a long line of nonsense from the railways in general. 

1 hour ago, savenosouls said:

For the record - it's Network Rail that are responsible for the Engineering disruption!!!

Stealth i work for Scotrail and it isn't our fault.

12 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Stealth i work for Scotrail and it isn't our fault.

No I don't - nor do I work for Network Rail - but I do have an understand how the industry works! 

For the record the disruption makes it a major pain for me to get to the game!

All I am doing is drawing attention to the disruption to help out fellow bears that were unaware of the situation and may turn up looking for a train to the game an not be able to get one.

1 hour ago, savenosouls said:

That's right, blame the English for all the problems. Is that you Nicola?

11 minutes ago, savenosouls said:

No I don't - nor do I work for Network Rail - but I do have an understand how the industry works! 

For the record the disruption makes it a major pain for me to get to the game!

All I am doing is drawing attention to the disruption to help out fellow bears that were unaware of the situation and may turn up looking for a train to the game an not be able to get one.

Sorry there.

Was only a wee joke pal.

6 hours ago, Bluenose1986 said:

Do you work for scotrail? ?

The whole infrastructure from top to bottom is a mess. This is just another in a long line of nonsense from the railways in general. 

The whole infrastructure is owned and operated by Network Rail. ScotRail doesn't own anything.

The Easter weekend is always dominated by engineering works. In this case NR is commissioning new signalling systems at a few locations on their network.

1 hour ago, The Big Sleeper said:

The whole infrastructure is owned and operated by Network Rail. ScotRail doesn't own anything.

The Easter weekend is always dominated by engineering works. In this case NR is commissioning new signalling systems at a few locations on their network.

And I bet "signal fault" will still be their mantra every time a train is cancelled. ?

1 hour ago, The Big Sleeper said:

I hadn't been on a train for years but recently started getting the train through to Edinburgh for work (m8 roadworks are a misery). Why are all Scotrail staff so rude and unpleasant?

(I'm just assuming you'll know based on your post above) 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

something needs to be done to help ease the gridlock on prw especially after games.. Seen myself been on a bus for a hour and a half just to get to the junction at the grand ole opry

It's been a bit better at that bit the last few weeks. Think a road near the ground (can't remember it's name) was shut for months but has recently reopened. 

The first few games of the season it took over an hour for our bus to get on to the M8.

27 minutes ago, gsa said:

I hadn't been on a train for years but recently started getting the train through to Edinburgh for work (m8 roadworks are a misery). Why are all Scotrail staff so rude and unpleasant?

(I'm just assuming you'll know based on your post above) 

Afraid I'm not best placed to answer that.

I work in the railway industry but not for Abellio/ScotRail.

7 hours ago, mus said:

Well for everyone complaining about scotrail I will raise you with southern, now there is a shower of bastards!

Your fucking late, have too much baggage on your shoulders and probably worn out, just like every Southern train.