Thoughts on our new manager

delamonty

We have not had too many managers since 1872.  Lately though, the turnover has been high.  I have not listened to Pedro until today.  Reason?  Changing managers is hard for me -- and it should be for all Rangers supporters.  We admire -- and need -- stability.  A steady hand.  It goes back to the earliest days of Glasgow engineering.... the 'people' that made Glasgow an industrial world power -- and likewise -- a world class Football club.  We work hard....  we also are a little bit wary...

Now, Pedro has a lot to live up to... but I did enjoy his post match interview.  Sounds like a bit of Walter-esque type of appreciation in the defending aspects of the game... but tuned in to scoring goals.  Must admit.. I like him :tu:

Watp and GSTQ

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 outstanding result.
2 shocking results.
2 good results.

Jury very much still out, but as I've said before I like the way he carries himself. He's got the courage of his convictions and sounds like someone who's heavily focused and knows what needs done.

Everyone will agree he needs judged properly when he's got his own players in and properly put his stamp on the team, but that doesn't mean there's not work to be done in the meantime.

It's too early for anyone to get carried away (good or bad)

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

1 outstanding result.
2 shocking results.
2 good results.

Jury very much still out, but as I've said before I like the way he carries himself. He's got the courage of his convictions and sounds like someone who's heavily focused and knows what needs done.

Everyone will agree he needs judged properly when he's got his own players in and properly put his stamp on the team, but that doesn't mean there's not work to be done in the meantime.

It's too early for anyone to get carried away (good or bad)

I'd say shocking results would be 4-0 away to Hearts type, not drawing to Motherwell with 1 defender on the pitch. 

He has us defending better than we have been for many a year. 

He seems to be getting the best out of our players too. Potentially a great man manager. Having a masters degree in psychology will help on that front. 

A thumbs up from me so far. We will find out what he is capable of in the semi-final...

2 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I'd say shocking results would be 4-0 away to Hearts type, not drawing to Motherwell with 1 defender on the pitch. 

I thought someone might say that ... fair comment. But Motherwell was at Ibrox .. so not beating them was shocking IMO.

He isn't scared to change things when something isn't working (McKay today for example)

He showed he has big cahoonas by his tactics at the sheep last week

He doesn't delay when discipline is needed (O'Halloran)

and not so important but he looks like a Rangers manager should imo

I like the cut of the mans jib ?

1 superb result

3 Good results

1 poor result

Had a good opening to his time here, but some fairly easy games. Been plagued with injuries ( training methods maybe)  done brilliant to keep getting results with two young players in key positions.

Likes how he speaks, and carries himself.. Like how he interprets a game and sees areas of focus in defence and attack. Like how he analyzes opponents tactics and team.

Understand him not changing tactics too much or the players. Previous manager bought  players for one formation, not sure many others would work.

If he wins all remaining games of the season I will be delighted and he will get my utmost respect and backing going into next season.

As always needs money and needs time.

He's doing well in these very early days with limited resources. I like his more direct style of football and he also knows a lot about the Scottish game considering the short time he has been here. He studies the opposition and makes tactical changes during a game. So far so good but a long long way to go.

Hes doing ok for now but time will show how good he is when he has his own team. He's brought in two of the young boys and Holt and Wilson look different players just now. He also subs players any time he feels adjustment is required. Today with McKay was spot on.

9 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

1 superb result

3 Good results

1 poor result

Had a good opening to his time here, but some fairly easy games. Been plagued with injuries ( training methods maybe)  done brilliant to keep getting results with two young players in key positions.

Likes how he speaks, and carries himself.. Like how he interprets a game and sees areas of focus in defence and attack. Like how he analyzes opponents tactics and team.

Understand him not changing tactics too much or the players. Previous manager bought  players for one formation, not sure many others would work.

If he wins all remaining games of the season I will be delighted and he will get my utmost respect and backing going into next season.

As always needs money and needs time.

This. He can only work with the tools that he's been given, so I'm waiting to see the players he brings and gets rid off before judging him. And if he wins next week then he will be a legend already!

Too early to say but a good start. The two draws are hardly "shocking" results.

Our defence is conceding way less goals, we are scoring more goals, he is making excellent substitutions and changing things very well in games. He is far more adaptable than MW was. I would like to see us get back to the heavy pressing we did against Hamilton in the first match, I don't feel like we've matched that level in the other 4 games.

But he is doing good work considering we're playing with Bates and Beerman in defence and don't have a single player I'm willing to call a striker at the club. (Miller and Dodoo are doing well but Waghorn and Garner are pish).

Get a ST, RW, CM and CB in for next season who are actually good enough and I think we'll be in good shape. I would like to get better fullbacks too but I'd rather get 4 quality players who are actually good than spreading whatever budget there is over 7-9 average players. 

14 minutes ago, dogtanian said:

I really like the guy and I feel he can get us to 55. His next 2 transfer windows is when we find out just how good or bad he is but I'm fairly confident he's going to be good for us.

He will only be good as the money hes giving - i think he will be up against it