Partick thistle keeper

RFCRobertson

1 hour ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Waggy definitely caught him (accidentaly) with his knee whether it was as painful as he made out only he knows 

Disagree, we all know that was not sore. Barely touched him, guy was cheating trying to get him carded..........these situations are the ones that anger fans the most. Who cares if there is contact, he is cheating and the people who indulge should face some sort of punishmemt. Might stop all the diving bastards in the game.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Prso's headband said:

That was embarrassing yesterday. 

Joe Lewis has done that twice against us trying to get Garner sent off as well. 

As for Garner doing it, forgive me if am wrong but last week the aberdeen player made contact with his head towards Garner, it's a red card and Garner has every right to go down like every single other player does these days when there is head contact. 

No offence mate but that is bullshit, just because other players resort to that kind of behaviour doesn't make it right to do the same, I'm of an age when tackles were allowed and this kind of behaviour sickens me with today's game and cheating players, the authorities really aught to be doing something about this as it is ruining the game.

11 minutes ago, davis1986 said:

Remember big jig got hit with a flag against Motherwell and they laughed it off. Had that happen to one of the taigs players he would have rolled about for ages and commentators would have been  up in arms against the fan. Would have been candle light virgils the lot. Paronoid Protestant or is this happening far to much 

Did he rub his head that day?:lol:

Nah i know mate, we are fair game in this fucking shithole of a backward thinking country.

One Scotland, many cultures but just don't be Unionist/Loyalist.

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

That was embarrassing yesterday. 

Joe Lewis has done that twice against us trying to get Garner sent off as well. 

As for Garner doing it, forgive me if am wrong but last week the aberdeen player made contact with his head towards Garner, it's a red card and Garner has every right to go down like every single other player does these days when there is head contact. 

Sorry mate but you're clutching at straws there. I like Garner but that was a riddy last week.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Tbf any player that hit the deck and rolled about after that flag incident would have been ridiculed. Absolutely nothing in it :lol:

I remember Petrov being hit by a paper cup of coke at Ibrox and he fell to the ground and didn't get up again until after the physio came on to check him. Ridiculous behaviour. Funny though :happy: because he acted like such a prat  

3 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

No offence mate but that is bullshit, just because other players resort to that kind of behaviour doesn't make it right to do the same, I'm of an age when tackles were allowed and this kind of behaviour sickens me with today's game and cheating players, the authorities really aught to be doing something about this as it is ruining the game.

He used his head though it wasn't a tackle. Obviously it is a redneck but the point is 99% of footballers go down when there is contact to the head to gain an advantage. 

4 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Sorry mate but you're clutching at straws there. I like Garner but that was a riddy last week.

I agree obviously it's embarrassing but my point is the majority of players do it to get the other sent off because it's clear you can't have head contact that's all. 

Just now, plumbGER said:

It's not really.

Duncan Ferguson got jailed for less.

It is though. Especially when you consider that Garner was the one that ran over to square up to Jack and that there was more force behind him pushing his chest into Jack than there was in that clash of heads. If you can even call it that.

Just made himself look like a tit.

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Sure if you look back at my post history you'll see i had a go at garner over it. 

That particular post you've quoted wasn't actually aimed at you it was reply to another poster in the thread.

Though if you criticised Garner it does make it strange that you've started this thread saying you hope Wes would never pull that sort of thing when you've already acknowledged it happened in our squad previously.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It is though. Especially when you consider that Garner was the one that ran over to square up to Jack and that there was more force behind him pushing his chest into Jack than there was in that clash of heads. If you can even call it that.

Just made himself look like a tit.

Nah i wouldn't call it a clash of heads.

A clash of heads is the cup game against Hamilton when Garner and the defender go for the header and the defender gets subbed afterwards for taking a sore one.

Garners reaction is poor but imo Jack is the one who looks a tit because he reacts to Garner and he could have been sent off.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

He used his head though it wasn't a tackle. Obviously it is a redneck but the point is 99% of footballers go down when there is contact to the head to gain an advantage. 

Yes mate I'm not denying that he used his head, and that 99% of players would cheat in the same way, but FFS come on it's still wrong and I believe you know that, if that's what it takes to get an advantage in order to win games then I guess that I'm just to auld fashioned and would rather lose than lower myself to that kind of performance.

15 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Well it was a very similar offence, both men getting involved in grappling and Ferguson puts his head to McStay and he crumpled to the ground.

Mate I know where your coming from but theyre totally different. Garner squared up that cunt, n he leaned into him. 

Mcstay had been rag dolled by big Dunc, and he stupidly said something. Ferguson had to walk about 5 yards to get to him. The treatment he got for it was shocking, but it was hardly out of character for him, the guy was an most likely still is a fuckin scary bastard.

9 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Mate I know where your coming from but theyre totally different. Garner squared up that cunt, n he leaned into him. 

Mcstay had been rag dolled by big Dunc, and he stupidly said something. Ferguson had to walk about 5 yards to get to him. The treatment he got for it was shocking, but it was hardly out of character for him, the guy was an most likely still is a fuckin scary bastard.

both are at it tbh.

13 minutes ago, Thewhitesettler said:

You've bottled it mate, I'm gonna have to take back that like I gave you.????

Ach, to be fair though the OP does specifically raise the point about about our players - I missed that, thus the rant :duh: