NBA

30 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Lakers in trouble now. A little contribution from Kuzma and Horton Tucker from the bench, but other than that - wow. 

Schroeder played 25 mins and was 0/4/1 on 0 from 15 from the field. That stinks so bad.

He went 0/9 from the field but still shockingly bad, not one other starter outside LeBron got more than 7, no wonder it was a blowout. 

1 hour ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

He went 0/9 from the field but still shockingly bad, not one other starter outside LeBron got more than 7, no wonder it was a blowout. 

Misread the stats before my walk this morning and added 3PA to FGA :lol:

Checking the results is literally the first thing I do before I walk to dog at 6am, but should maybe take a minute to actually wake up in future. 

Dame was outrageous to watch last night, worth watching the whole game on the NBA player, absurd 

Nets big 3 were pretty comparable in the 4th quarter, not confined the Nets have ever left third gear yet this season, them and the Bucks could be a hell of a series. 

Lakers haven’t looked right all off season, just look quite clunky and slow. 

3 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

...and he turned us down for a 4 year $84m deal. He can fuck off, with performances like that when it really matters.

I still think this will go to a game 7

7 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Also, even though it would still be wrong, it should have been 13 when I added it up. I need to lay off posting until after my walk :lol:

what a clown.

5 hours ago, psb07158 said:

...and he turned us down for a 4 year $84m deal. He can fuck off, with performances like that when it really matters.

I still think this will go to a game 7

Knicks are rumoured to be after him in free agency. A PG is badly needed, but not him on a big contract. He isn't a starting PG on a playoff team for me.

2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Knicks are rumoured to be after him in free agency. A PG is badly needed, but not him on a big contract. He isn't a starting PG on a playoff team for me.

They should go after Lonzo if they're looking for one, although I think I'd prefer he stayed at New Orleans.

16 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

That is the fear, ultimate Dolan move to give him a max. 

Sad that the Knicks have been knocked out but the Hawks were clearly better in the series and everything after the regular season was a bonus, now the big thing is building on this season but never know whats round the corner with Dolan. 

Also this is Luka's world, we just live in it. 

Atlanta really just ground the Knicks down and beat them every way going, never really had an answer for them. 

I don’t expect the Knicks to do a great amount this offseason as there is so little going in free agency, likely be a holding season - then blown out the water next summer - ah well, Play Offs by chance in another few years it is.

The Clippers really just have Hibs/Aberdeen DNA in them, just shit scared to actually go and properly be good and challenge what’s accepted, they should be putting this Mavs team away easily, a franchise in a horrible place if they shit the bed again this round. 

Starting to think the winner of this is coming out the Bucks Nets game. 

20 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Kyrie has broke Boston ha 

quite surprised at Stevens moving up always thought he was a good coach 

He was good but not 'great' tbh

The past few years they should have been challenging but aside from a run to the ECF a few years back he has done practically nothing in 8 years with them. Wouldn't surprise me to see Tatum leave them in FA next year, it's clear they aren't going to win. They should have thrown the kitchen sink at AD like we did, but Ainge didn't want to let go of guys like Jaylen Brown. If he had, they might have been the ones to pick up a chip rather than us. Tatum + AD would be unreal 

Shannon Sharpe called it before the series started, all you have to do with the Clippers is stay in the game with them and don't let them get a big lead as they don't have a clue how to close.

Hopefully the Knicks hold out but I think it is evident Randle can't be your number 1 option in the playoffs, hopefully he proves me wrong next year in the post season but I don't see it personally.

Will be interesting in the off-season for us soon, I think we're going out tonight if AD doesn't make it back. If he does, I think we take it to a game 7. Very disappointing but injuries have just fucked us all season unfortunately

It's clear Trezz hasn't worked and will likely opt out. Schroder wants more money so we will potentially look for a sign + trade. We don't really have many options unless we look to move Kuz/THT. I'd explore Kuz/THT + our 2021 draft pick for Zach LaVine if, as expected, Schroder does indeed fuck off. 

9 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He was good but not 'great' tbh

The past few years they should have been challenging but aside from a run to the ECF a few years back he has done practically nothing in 8 years with them. Wouldn't surprise me to see Tatum leave them in FA next year, it's clear they aren't going to win. They should have thrown the kitchen sink at AD like we did, but Ainge didn't want to let go of guys like Jaylen Brown. If he had, they might have been the ones to pick up a chip rather than us. Tatum + AD would be unreal 

Ainge ultimately fucked it, had multiple draft picks that have equated to nothing outside Tatum and Brown. He was unlucky with the Hayward injury I would give them that but the contract for Kemba was ridiculous IMO.

Just now, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Ainge ultimately fucked it, had multiple draft picks that have equated to nothing outside Tatum and Brown. He was unlucky with the Hayward injury I would give them that but the contract for Kemba was ridiculous IMO.

Yep plus they totally fucked it all up with Kyrie, he went from saying he's definitely going to re-sign with them to walking away in the space of a few months :lol:

Look at the output Kyrie can give you, when you put up with his nonsense transgressions and show you understand him as a person etc. He's a Morelos type of character IMO, combustible and eccentric but the good managers/coaches can get the most out of you

Kemba was ridiculous as you say, there's rumours abound that they're now actively looking to offload him but his contract is going to be an issue for them 

22 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Maybe want to look at the finals again in recent years.. 

I clearly wasn't clear enough, I was only referring to the years they *actually* challenged. 

2014/15 - swept in the 1st round
2015/16 - pumped by the fucking HAWKS 4-2 in the 1st round
2016/17 - gentlemen's sweep in the ECF by the Cavs
2017/18 - the only year they have actually looked like they could win, inexperience (?) arguably cost them as they were in strong positions in the ECF and still lost to the Cavs
2018/19 - gentlemen's sweep in the EC semis by the Bucks
2019/20 - beaten by the huge underdogs Heat
2021/21 - gentlemen's sweep by the Nets in the 1st round

So, as I said, aside from the run to the ECF in 2017/18 they've pretty much done fuck all under Brad Stevens :lol:

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I clearly wasn't clear enough, I was only referring to the years they *actually* challenged. 

2014/15 - swept in the 1st round
2015/16 - pumped by the fucking HAWKS 4-2 in the 1st round
2016/17 - gentlemen's sweep in the ECF by the Cavs
2017/18 - the only year they have actually looked like they could win, inexperience (?) arguably cost them as they were in strong positions in the ECF and still lost to the Cavs
2018/19 - gentlemen's sweep in the EC semis by the Bucks
2019/20 - beaten by the huge underdogs Heat
2021/21 - gentlemen's sweep by the Nets in the 1st round

So, as I said, aside from the run to the ECF in 2017/18 they've pretty much done fuck all under Brad Stevens :lol:

It’s a hell of a twisting of history and not really how a wider audience look at sport or in particular the NBA given the sides the Cavs put together but fair play for your unique views 

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It’s a hell of a twisting of history and not really how a wider audience look at sport or in particular the NBA given the sides the Cavs put together but fair play for your unique views 

No you're right, he has done a stellar job which is why he now finds himself in a front office job instead of head coach. 

Fuck the celtics, their entire fanbase, their entire coaching staff and all of their players except for Tatum when he signs for the Lakers in Free Agency

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

No you're right, he has done a stellar job which is why he now finds himself in a front office job instead of head coach. 

Fuck the celtics, their entire fanbase, their entire coaching staff and all of their players except for Tatum when he signs for the Lakers in Free Agency

Sort of does speak volumes of him how over promoted he has been TBH. 

Maybe want to check his contract status there...