NBA

Always disappointing to lose but will cut the team some slack for last night with Bron and AD still on minutes restrictions and Vogel trying to work out his rotations.

I will say though, Schroder has been bumping his gums about being a starter and did not perform well last night. If he wants to start for us, he needs to improve, quickly

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Always disappointing to lose but will cut the team some slack for last night with Bron and AD still on minutes restrictions and Vogel trying to work out his rotations.

I will say though, Schroder has been bumping his gums about being a starter and did not perform well last night. If he wants to start for us, he needs to improve, quickly

Haven't watched the game yet so just going off box scores but they need Schroder to average around 20ppg, I know they have trezz scoring from center and it does look like Gasol got into foul trouble but they really need more than 1 board and 1 assist from there starting Center. Don't like the Clippers roster either feel like the first time they come up against Jokic or someone of his ilk they will just bully them.

Watched the first game which eventually led to me missing the later game as it was so one sided it induced sleep 😂 Nets looked scary good although that Warriors team was shambolic especially on defence, KD picking up like he never stopped playing and as much as I don't like Kyrie he is superb entertainment once he gets going, there bench isn't too bad either. 

Nash at the Nets feels a bit like Pep arriving at Barca first time around, Harden arriving would feel like when they signed Zlatan and fucked it up a wee bit. Their ball share and rotation was outstanding. 

I thought GSW looked like a team who haven't had many minutes, it has been nearly a year - missed Drummond, Wiggins is horrendous Wiseman will be decent. In for a battle to make the play in game I think, the KT loss is a lot of salary doing nothing 

• 2 weeks later...

Well J-Maestro how your Pels just managed to lose against the Pacers I will never know after a 19-2 run in the 4th, end up leading by 10 with 2 minutes to go, Sabonis fouled out yet somehow managed to lose in Overtime and in the process fucked my coupon :headwall:

On 05/01/2021 at 03:41, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Well J-Maestro how your Pels just managed to lose against the Pacers I will never know after a 19-2 run in the 4th, end up leading by 10 with 2 minutes to go, Sabonis fouled out yet somehow managed to lose in Overtime and in the process fucked my coupon :headwall:

Team is just too light, only got about 3 guys on the bench who can actually be trusted. 🤦‍♂️ Really need to try trade for some more players near the deadline if out of the playoffs. Maybe Redick for some younger guys.

Bucks just dropped 82 on the Pistons and it's only half time.

49 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Team is just too light, only got about 3 guys on the bench who can actually be trusted. 🤦‍♂️ Really need to try trade for some more players near the deadline if out of the playoffs. Maybe Redick for some younger guys.

Yeah that was evident in the 4th, they would just give the ball to Ingram and wait for him to try and make something happen. 

Pistons are an absolute mess, they would be as well just tanking this season IMO and trying to get out from Blake Griffins contract although I think this is his last year anyway. 

8 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Yeah that was evident in the 4th, they would just give the ball to Ingram and wait for him to try and make something happen. 

Pistons are an absolute mess, they would be as well just tanking this season IMO and trying to get out from Blake Griffins contract although I think this is his last year anyway. 

I like Lonzo but he won't be worth what he will ask for. Maybe they can do a sign and trade and get some more guys. They struggle on defence now Jrue is gone too but that was always going to be the case when you lose one of the best defenders in the league.

15 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

If you don't make the play-offs and buy out JJ we'll take him mate :lol:

7 hours ago, psb07158 said:

If you don't make the play-offs and buy out JJ we'll take him mate :lol:

I'd give zero chance of making the playoffs after being beat of the Thunder and Pacers. Redick has been pretty quiet.

Think they need to build a bench before can even think of doing anything. Plus NAW taking the game winning shot....

The Knicks.... :love:

They are still completely pish but winning games is a thing you love to see, they are basically doing it though by just running about a bit... a lot, a lot lot more than anyone else - Thibodeau as per usual is flogging the fuck out of his players but it is sort of working, for the time being at least. It will all end in shit but it is the first thing to be invested in with them in about 10 years, if the All Star game happens Randle will be close to it if he keeps his form which is an utter 2020/21 of a statement 

They are so far the only team who look to have bothered their arse to try and defend most games are just shooty in rather than looking like proper Basketball. 

In true booo hiss fashion it is clearly hard wired into me to hate all things celtic but fuck me Brown and Tatum are sensational, both been outstanding so far. 

I am currently watching Dallas and Denver from last night, Doncic is a complete animal hobbling his fat arse around the player while still dropping about 40. 

15 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

The Knicks.... :love:

They are still completely pish but winning games is a thing you love to see, they are basically doing it though by just running about a bit... a lot, a lot lot more than anyone else - Thibodeau as per usual is flogging the fuck out of his players but it is sort of working, for the time being at least. It will all end in shit but it is the first thing to be invested in with them in about 10 years, if the All Star game happens Randle will be close to it if he keeps his form which is an utter 2020/21 of a statement 

They are so far the only team who look to have bothered their arse to try and defend most games are just shooty in rather than looking like proper Basketball. 

In true booo hiss fashion it is clearly hard wired into me to hate all things celtic but fuck me Brown and Tatum are sensational, both been outstanding so far. 

I am currently watching Dallas and Denver from last night, Doncic is a complete animal hobbling his fat arse around the player while still dropping about 40. 

One thing about a Thibs team is they will play hard no matter what, probably burn out eventually like most of his teams do but at least they could have a shout at the play in game. 

Watch the Knicks get off to there best start in about a decade for James Dolan to go and sack Thibs or do something stupid. 

I like Kyrie.... pretty funny he was just out on the piss, not as funny as the players having a clause in their playing deals which said they can have a family member or "close friend" in their room in each city.... sadly removed now though because of the outbreaks in the league. I can see why they wanted that to be fair, it must be utterly tedious for them this season, which probably extends into things like this.... 

Which in turn is why the Lakers will likely be the team to beat again, best roster but look the most together at a time when others look sick of the site of each other.

As an addition..

Ma man....

He can't be any more honest with Houston. I can see Brooklyn looking to pull the trigger on him, I hope they do I would like them to just go completely bat shit mental this season and really embrace it, get a package get LaVert, Allen and Harris in it and just blow the whole thing up to get the 3 weirdest players in the league together. 

And to go full Draymond "get Levine out of Chicago" he is way too good to be kicking about that squad. Him and Kahwi on Sunday was an absolute joy to watch 

7 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I like Kyrie.... pretty funny he was just out on the piss, not as funny as the players having a clause in their playing deals which said they can have a family member or "close friend" in their room in each city.... sadly removed now though because of the outbreaks in the league. I can see why they wanted that to be fair, it must be utterly tedious for them this season, which probably extends into things like this.... 

Which in turn is why the Lakers will likely be the team to beat again, best roster but look the most together at a time when others look sick of the site of each other.

As an addition..

Ma man....

He can't be any more honest with Houston. I can see Brooklyn looking to pull the trigger on him, I hope they do I would like them to just go completely bat shit mental this season and really embrace it, get a package get LaVert, Allen and Harris in it and just blow the whole thing up to get the 3 weirdest players in the league together. 

And to go full Draymond "get Levine out of Chicago" he is way too good to be kicking about that squad. Him and Kahwi on Sunday was an absolute joy to watch 

That was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking good from LeBron

Also they can't trade Joe Harris until March I think, he re-signed with them just before the season started in December and there's a 3 month no-trade restriction

If Kyrie keeps acting the cunt, I could see the Nets cut their losses with the guy and ship him off as part of the trade

I wonder if they will be as heavily criticised as the Lakers were for trying to build a "super team" ? 

The Nets have given up a LOT for James Harden there but offensively, they will be ridiculously good. Defensively...lol

Their only centres are 32 year old Deandre Jordan and Nicolas Claxton, a 21 year old 2nd round draft pick. Would imagine they'll be seeking someone on the buy-out market later in the season as you can get away with that in the regular season but not the play-offs...and if they are heavily relying on Jordan he has a history of recent injury issues