NBA

10 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

I just watched the 2010 Lakers championship mini doc on Sky sports arena and its so fucking sad seeing Kobe. We're only a few days away from the first anniversary of his death and it still doesn't seem real.

Still devastated he's gone tbh. Gave me some of the greatest non-Rangers sporting moments in my life 

3 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Watching the Nets vs Heat game and it looks as though Harden is playing the 1; that will put Irving's nose out of joint quickly. I'd be surprised if he doesn't go nuts again and look to be traded. 

It's becoming increasingly obvious that with 3 of them in they look incredibly unbalanced. 1 of them may have to lead the secondary unit and quite frankly, IMO that person is Kyrie. Whether he accepts that or not remains to be seen

11 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Still devastated he's gone tbh. Gave me some of the greatest non-Rangers sporting moments in my life 

It's becoming increasingly obvious that with 3 of them in they look incredibly unbalanced. 1 of them may have to lead the secondary unit and quite frankly, IMO that person is Kyrie. Whether he accepts that or not remains to be seen

I dont know if you watched it but he already looks pissed off. I can't see him going a season without pushing for a trade.

2 hours ago, rfc1952 said:

New to RM - love my North American Sports - any Raptors fans in here. 

Good win last night vs Pacers - minus Lowry/Siakam. 

WE THE NORTH

I'm a Lakers man, we have a few fans of diff teams on here - the Warriors, Pels, Lakers, Thunder

Thankfully no Celtics filth on this board :pipe:

McGee would make a big different to The Nets, they are supposed to be looking to trade for him - christ knows what with, or what they will look like in 3 years, they need to stop shit like this...he would make a big difference to that 

On another note, if the league ended tomorrow surely Paul George would win MVP, he has been outrageous this season, between him Jokic, KD and Embiid

33 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

McGee would make a big different to The Nets, they are supposed to be looking to trade for him - christ knows what with, or what they will look like in 3 years, they need to stop shit like this...he would make a big difference to that 

On another note, if the league ended tomorrow surely Paul George would win MVP, he has been outrageous this season, between him Jokic, KD and Embiid

How on earth could you post that without referencing LeBron James?

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

I'm a Lakers man, we have a few fans of diff teams on here - the Warriors, Pels, Lakers, Thunder

Thankfully no Celtics filth on this board :pipe:

I actually don't really have a team. I more follow players and because of that develop soft spots for teams. I actually wish I could get have a team that I get irrationally passionate about, but its just never really happened. 

24 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I actually don't really have a team. I more follow players and because of that develop soft spots for teams. I actually wish I could get have a team that I get irrationally passionate about, but its just never really happened. 

Welcome to the Lake Show

giphy.gif 

2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Im probably the same, I did like the Thunder a couple of years back but that was more liking Russ than the team, don't mind seeing the Lakers win because Kobe is the reason I started watching Basketball. 

If I had to go for anyone it would probably be the Knicks 😂 love it the rear time they actually do well, and by well I mean achieve a plus 500 record in the middle of the season 😂

2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

The Nets looking at Kevin Love. He's not what they need really.

They would have to trade away literally every good player they have in their squad except KD, Harden and Kyrie to afford Kevin Love :lol:

The only way it happens is if the Cavs just want rid of the contract but they'd have to be mighty desperate

IMO they're better off just seeing the regular season out for a while then wait for some buy-outs. Their offensive firepower will see them win as often as they lose tbh. We got Markieff Morris on the buy-out market. There's always guys who are bought out and ring-chasing who would jump at a chance to play in Brooklyn / live in NYC for a while and have a chance at a championship

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

They would have to trade away literally every good player they have in their squad except KD, Harden and Kyrie to afford Kevin Love :lol:

The only way it happens is if the Cavs just want rid of the contract but they'd have to be mighty desperate

IMO they're better off just seeing the regular season out for a while then wait for some buy-outs. Their offensive firepower will see them win as often as they lose tbh. We got Markieff Morris on the buy-out market. There's always guys who are bought out and ring-chasing who would jump at a chance to play in Brooklyn / live in NYC for a while and have a chance at a championship

You're saying that like they'll make the playoffs. :lol:

They will obviously, but would be hilarious if they didn't.

4 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

You're saying that like they'll make the playoffs. :lol:

They will obviously, but would be hilarious if they didn't.

I would laugh, given all the chat around them that I feel in some quarters has been very disrespectful to the Lakers and teams like the Heat/Sixers from the usual suspects (Skip fucking Bayliss), talking as though it's a slam dunk that the Nets will come out of the east and win this championship. 

I'd take the Nets right now in the NBA finals. Would be a sweep. Am I that confident against the Bucks, Heat, Celtics, Sixers? No. That speaks volumes, despite their 'big 3' :lol:

The Clippers are the only team in the West who can beat us over a 7 game series and that's ONLY if Playoff P doesn't bottle it

9 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Bradley Beal's last six games

• 47 Pts, 6 Ast, Loss • 33 Pts, 5 Reb, Loss • 31 Pts, 7 Reb, Loss • 34 Pts, 9 Ast, Win • 41 Pts, 16-29 FG, Loss • 60 Pts, 7 Reb, Loss

get this man to the Miami Heat

Some of the defending on BI I'm pretty sure I could do better. Feel like this is the problem with American sports there's literally no consequence for losing not like they'll be relegated.

On 28/01/2021 at 08:49, Dennis Reynolds said:

Bradley Beal's last six games

• 47 Pts, 6 Ast, Loss • 33 Pts, 5 Reb, Loss • 31 Pts, 7 Reb, Loss • 34 Pts, 9 Ast, Win • 41 Pts, 16-29 FG, Loss • 60 Pts, 7 Reb, Loss

get this man to the Miami Heat

Bradley Beal is class and always has been heavily under-rated

Would absolutely love to see him at the Lakers, he's such an efficient two-way player

At the Wizards he is literally a Rolls Royce playing with Fords

Jokic is the NBA Ronaldinho - is he is the best ever, probably not but he’s by a mile the most enjoyable player to watch playing the game. He’s an insane talent 

Quickley looked mental good for the Knicks - is it going to last or just be a empty stadium thing, so hard to judge players just now but between him,, Randle, RJ and Mitch the Knicks do have a core of something that might work, they can trade and FA with 

2 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Jokic is the NBA Ronaldinho - is he is the best ever, probably not but he’s by a mile the most enjoyable player to watch playing the game. He’s an insane talent 

Quickley looked mental good for the Knicks - is it going to last or just be a empty stadium thing, so hard to judge players just now but between him,, Randle, RJ and Mitch the Knicks do have a core of something that might work, they can trade and FA with 

That's Kyrie for me

Phenomenal talent, ball on a piece of string, breaking ankles constantly - the type of player you'd create on NBA 2K 

It's a shame he's such a fucking moron

26 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Even the Wizards manage to get a win from the Nets, Wizards had 13 points after 9 minutes then proceeded to score 136 😂

Russ was unreal

The Nets gave up 48 4th quarter points lmao. You will never win any game in history playing defence like that

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Russ was unreal

The Nets gave up 48 4th quarter points lmao. You will never win any game in history playing defence like that

You simply cannot outscore your way to a championship. They'll make the play offs for sure, but they've made them the past two years. They were swept last year, and that won't happen again with this team, but they've invested a lot just to make it to the same point in the season with the only difference being they won't get swept.

Its so unbalanced that its absurd.