NBA

11 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Blake hasnt dunked in 2 year, not bad bringing him off the bench but hes a bit part player now at best. 

I agree with that, he isn't what he was but I think he will be better than he has been for the Pistons and also better than what the Nets have had. He is a pretty decent pick up for them. 

59 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I agree with that, he isn't what he was but I think he will be better than he has been for the Pistons and also better than what the Nets have had. He is a pretty decent pick up for them. 

He is still a veteran presence in there but the thing he was great at he no longer is so he doesn't really do anything else at a high level, getting him on the veteran's minimum but means its a low risk move for the Nets. 

Watched the Mavs game last night in full, Doncic is fucking great when he is like that, he was Harlem Globetrotteresque just hurling in mental step backs, layups, floaters and assists he is like a cheat code when he is playing that well.

I actually like PG, despite him seeming like a big massive thunder cunt, I am also a pretty big Lillard fan so only ever pick one side in but I can appreciate the player PG can be, which was a MVP candidate for a while this season his 3 point shooting was unreal but....the Pandemic P shit, it is really, the last 4 or 5 Mavericks games I have watched he is already looking like he is going to go to shit again whenever it really matters for the Mavs, that man does not handle pressure well at all. 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

LaMarcus Aldridge going to the Nets now 😂 getting ridiculous, think the Lakers will need to pull the trigger and get Drummond if they can, whether they want him is different story. 

Really can't see passed the Nets now for the Championship. Would be mad with all these super teams if the Jazz just kept moving forward and winning it.

22 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Really can't see passed the Nets now for the Championship. Would be mad with all these super teams if the Jazz just kept moving forward and winning it.

Would love to see that especially after the disrespect of Mitchell, Gobert and the Jazz all season but like you say can't see past the Nets, still think the Clippers or Lakers beat Utah in a 7 game series as well but both need to be healthy for the playoffs. 

Lakers seem to have got Drummond as well so that sorts out the problem at Centre for them but I really liked the Nuggets trades, Gordon is a solid piece and bringing Mcgee in gives Jokic vital minutes to rest plus brings a more athletic dynamic at Centre, they just need Murray to start playing like he did in the bubble again and they will be close as well. 

8 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Would love to see that especially after the disrespect of Mitchell, Gobert and the Jazz all season but like you say can't see past the Nets, still think the Clippers or Lakers beat Utah in a 7 game series as well but both need to be healthy for the playoffs. 

Lakers seem to have got Drummond as well so that sorts out the problem at Centre for them but I really liked the Nuggets trades, Gordon is a solid piece and bringing Mcgee in gives Jokic vital minutes to rest plus brings a more athletic dynamic at Centre, they just need Murray to start playing like he did in the bubble again and they will be close as well. 

It's really shaping up to what could be a cracking playoffs.

Quite liking the trade of Redick for James Johnson. Redick has been pretty awful for Pelicans this season when he's played and we lacked a bit on defense. Although think the playoffs might be out of sight this season. Zion is going to be one of the best in the league for sure.

On 31/03/2021 at 11:04, psb07158 said:

Nets look good but if we stay healthy and fit then I'm still saying #Lakersin4 :lol:

How long are Davis and LeBron out for? I think Lakers have been lacking in the past few weeks or so without LBJ. Really like Davis as a player and feel Lakers would be up there with the Jazz in the west if he was available. Also looking forward to seeing the Nets at full strength when KD is back. 

2 hours ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

How long are Davis and LeBron out for? I think Lakers have been lacking in the past few weeks or so without LBJ. Really like Davis as a player and feel Lakers would be up there with the Jazz in the west if he was available. Also looking forward to seeing the Nets at full strength when KD is back. 

Mate LeBron is still in a cast so fuck knows when he's going to be back. I've got a feeling that we're just coasting along, we'll bring AD back in about a week or so and do enough to keep a decent position in the standings for the playoffs, then bring LeBron back at that point to go full tilt in the playoffs. 

We saw last year how fucking good a fully rested, healthy LeBron can still be. 

That Brooklyn v Lakers game was entertaining. Lakers really put the pressure on them and that's with Kuzma, James and Davis out. The amount of easy offensive boards Lakers took wad criminal. 

Schroeder was looking excellent, even after the bump he took. Drummond was a monster and put the ball on the floor a lot which was weird to see. 

Lakers are the team to beat.

Steph Curry going off last night just breaking Wilt's record like it was nothing I the first Q. 

Jamal Murray out indefinitely with a torn ACL. It looked such an awkward step with his knee buckling on the replay. That's a horrible injury for a young guy with so much potential. A massive loss to the Nuggets.

The Nets, and a few other teams to be fair,  have fucked about a lot this season, a lot of the lineups are just shadow teams. 

The Nets half arse a lot of games and rest and rotate often, they played what was a meaningful game last night but had KD on rest - chucked out 29 different teams this year, I don't think they gave one shit about the Lakers game for instance and letting the Lakers look at them. 

Think they are keeping a lot more back than most teams are for the Play Offs, only really be then when they will show their true self, unlike the Bucks and Philly who are going balls to the wall to even compete with them for the 1 spot.

They will walk the East, the Murray injury really fucks up the dynamics of what was looking a pretty exciting Western PlayOffs, now it all seems a bit predictable unless Portland and The Suns meet and Dame gets going, could see that being close.

The Lakers have a horrible week coming up, can see teams really going after them and trying to push them into an awkward Play Off spot, Jazz double header and Mavs double header are going to be a pretty decent watch, think both those teams will go heavy at them - the Lakers could have to load minutes on players pretty early to end in a decent place - could see it catching up with them 

As things stand, would be putting money on a Clippers Nets Final even with a returning AD and LBJ - the Clippers look the business, like the Nets they will be well placed to manage minutes - a lot of places are getting pretty locked up now in the top 3 in both conferences 

I thought they Bulls might make a late push for the playoffs. Thought Vucevic would be a great addition but they seem to have got worse even after a win against the Nets. Could see Lavine try get a trade in post season, looks like he’s going nowhere unless the Bulls make some big moves which I can’t really see happening.