NBA

7 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Steph Curry on an absolute tear his last 10 games, something ridiculous like 78 3 pointers in those 10.

Also had 6 games this season he has hit 10+3s, nobody else has got past 5 games in there whole career never mind in a season the boys unreal. 

Aye he is, he was sublime a giant Boston at the weeknd, brilliant game 

Ripped Philly apart last night as well, 

If they get a fit Klay back next year, Drunmond is still a dog and get another decent piece in a trade for a draft pick and Wiseman they have another win in them.

On 22/04/2021 at 11:55, Dennis Reynolds said:

Embiid might as well never bothered playing again if this had went in.

He's having an unreal season. Out of the realistic potential contenders, I've wanted a Philly or Bucks championship for a few years now. 

I've said before that I have a few teams I have soft spots for to varying degrees due to players, but really developing a serious spot for the Knicks this season for some reason. I'm a big Porzingis fan so watched them a lot a few years ago but just seem to really want them to do well this year. They're over achieving for sure.

4 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

He's having an unreal season. Out of the realistic potential contenders, I've wanted a Philly or Bucks championship for a few years now. 

I've said before that I have a few teams I have soft spots for to varying degrees due to players, but really developing a serious spot for the Knicks this season for some reason. I'm a big Porzingis fan so watched them a lot a few years ago but just seem to really want them to do well this year. They're over achieving for sure.

Aye Embiid has been excellent 

Knicks have been my go to team on league pass, pretty much watched all their games - they are spikey, just graft all day, work and hang in games.

Randle, Barrett and Bullock have been incredible - literally transformed from last season, if it wasn’t for the season Utah have had Thibodeau would be coach of the season,

They are so removed from what they looked like last year, it’s one of the biggest leaps I have seen from any sports team in such a short space of time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/04/2021 at 21:09, Dennis Reynolds said:

Aye Embiid has been excellent 

Knicks have been my go to team on league pass, pretty much watched all their games - they are spikey, just graft all day, work and hang in games.

Randle, Barrett and Bullock have been incredible - literally transformed from last season, if it wasn’t for the season Utah have had Thibodeau would be coach of the season,

They are so removed from what they looked like last year, it’s one of the biggest leaps I have seen from any sports team in such a short space of time. 

Yeah, Knicks are Bulls are my teams really, but I have a soft spot for a few due to liking players. I find it bizarre because I can't imagine supporting more than one football team, but it seems fine with Basketball. 

I love Thibs. The job he has done with the Knicks is remarkable. 

47 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Yeah, Knicks are Bulls are my teams really, but I have a soft spot for a few due to liking players. I find it bizarre because I can't imagine supporting more than one football team, but it seems fine with Basketball. 

I love Thibs. The job he has done with the Knicks is remarkable. 

You’d have been a real life glory hunter in the 90s with those soft spots 

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

:lol:

Not sure the label of glory hunter will stick with admitting support for the Knicks and Bulls, but fair enough. 

Not now but in the 90s that would have been a rather bizarre couple of teams to support. Teams literally hated each other :lol:

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Not now but in the 90s that would have been a rather bizarre couple of teams to support. Teams literally hated each other :lol:

Ah right, I get what you mean now. Yeah, can't disagree with that as there is definitely a rivalry there.

I play and am involved in basketball in Scotland, all be it at a regional level, and it seems to be the same for most guys where they maybe have one or two teams at most that they support and then a few they have soft spots for due to players. 

As I said, I find it weird because I don't give a fuck about football outside of Rangers, but when it comes to basketball I can root for teams that I don't consider to be my team because I like players and end up developing a soft spot for them. 

Even though he hunts stays at times to the detriment of his team, Westbrook is a monster when it comes a triple double 33-19-15 is mental, he was outstanding closing the game out as well 

class and huge games this week leading into the play in/play offs - Heat and celtic’s tonight could be class 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Even though he hunts stays at times to the detriment of his team, Westbrook is a monster when it comes a triple double 33-19-15 is mental, he was outstanding closing the game out as well 

class and huge games this week leading into the play in/play offs - Heat and celtic’s tonight could be class 

Keep seeing Westbrook’s numbers recently. Is he a candidate for MVP or left it a bit too late? 

3 hours ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

Keep seeing Westbrook’s numbers recently. Is he a candidate for MVP or left it a bit too late? 

I don’t think he will ever be considered, his stats are incredible though.  It’s seemingly seen as accepted ever giving him it was wrong as well as he stat hunts, which seems incredibly harsh as they are outrageous stats even he hunts them

I think it’s going to be Jokic this year, maybe Embiid - time missed is going to hurt most other candidates - Jockic has been sublime as well, his vision is a joke . .He is a bit like the Bergkamp of NBA he just does things that make you do that sort of laugh/awe of how ridiculous it is 

D Rose is having an absolute McGregor/Davis of a season he’s rolled back the years been class since he joined the Knicks - very entertaining night of NBA so far, Heat Celtics was good - the Play In has been a brilliant addition it’s extended play off season, so many games meaning a lot this week 

38 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

D Rose is having an absolute McGregor/Davis of a season he’s rolled back the years been class since he joined the Knicks - very entertaining night of NBA so far, Heat Celtics was good - the Play In has been a brilliant addition it’s extended play off season, so many games meaning a lot this week 

He's absolutely tearing it up this game. 19 -4-7 in 18 minutes and 90% from the field. 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

This game is totally there for the Knicks to win, be good for them to cement a play off spot with a big win like this 

Yeah just need to hold their nerve and keep playing solid D. Hopefully clinch that playoff spot in style.

It's doing my tits in how many times people keep biting on Batum's pump fake. He literally won't shoot from mid range and I've seen 3 bites on a pump fake behind the arc.

4 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Fair enjoyed that, still a big week for the Knicks but that’s a good display 

Yeah that was a great game. Knicks looked so calm and composed and when it was clear Randle wasn't going to be able to get to work because of how much they were packing the paint and doubling him but the rest of the team stepped up, particularly Rose, and got it done. Our defence is excellent. 

17 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I don’t think he will ever be considered, his stats are incredible though.  It’s seemingly seen as accepted ever giving him it was wrong as well as he stat hunts, which seems incredibly harsh as they are outrageous stats even he hunts them

I think it’s going to be Jokic this year, maybe Embiid - time missed is going to hurt most other candidates - Jockic has been sublime as well, his vision is a joke . .He is a bit like the Bergkamp of NBA he just does things that make you do that sort of laugh/awe of how ridiculous it is 

Westbrook for all his stats won't ever win the MVP again unless his team is a top 3 seed, the only reason he got it at OKC was because it was the 1st time anyone had averaged a TD since Oscar Robertson. 

Jokic, Embiid or Curry it is for me, even though Curry has missed a bit of the season he has been ridiculous for the past month or 2.

The Knicks making moves, if my calculations were correct then they only need 1 more win to seal a playoff place, Randle should be in the MVP conversation as well.