NBA

Knicks Lakers was an unreal game, 

AD locking down Randle very late was incredible defense, albeit Randle should have killed the game with the last play of normal time. 

Lakers are likely going to face GSW in the Play In, I can't see all three of the Jazz, Nuggets and Suns not giving Portland a win, Lakers would be clear favorites but if Steff gets seriously hot in that.... 

The Play In looks pretty ace in general actually, Knicks should just about hold off Boston with Brown now being out for the season and Boston to the Play In. 

Class week of stuff coming up. 

3 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Knicks Lakers was an unreal game, 

AD locking down Randle very late was incredible defense, albeit Randle should have killed the game with the last play of normal time. 

Lakers are likely going to face GSW in the Play In, I can't see all three of the Jazz, Nuggets and Suns not giving Portland a win, Lakers would be clear favorites but if Steff gets seriously hot in that.... 

The Play In looks pretty ace in general actually, Knicks should just about hold off Boston with Brown now being out for the season and Boston to the Play In. 

Class week of stuff coming up. 

Will be funny as fuck if Lakers got put out early. 😂

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Not a chance

If AD/Bron/Schroder are fit we'll sweep the 1st or 2nd seeds tbh

Usually would agree with you but if they have to manage the play in then they could easily be out, I don't think the Grizzlies or Spurs will have enough but in a 1 game decider anything can happen, and Steph getting hot and beating them himself wouldn't surprise anyone. 

Once it gets into the normal 7 game format then I think they will beat most of the West pretty convincingly outside the Clippers (if they don't choke to the Mavs again that is) 

Ny Knicks through to the playoffs with home court advantage, things you love to see. 

2 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Usually would agree with you but if they have to manage the play in then they could easily be out, I don't think the Grizzlies or Spurs will have enough but in a 1 game decider anything can happen, and Steph getting hot and beating them himself wouldn't surprise anyone. 

Once it gets into the normal 7 game format then I think they will beat most of the West pretty convincingly outside the Clippers (if they don't choke to the Mavs again that is) 

Ny Knicks through to the playoffs with home court advantage, things you love to see. 

Fair comment tbh but we have the real AD rolling now and there's nobody on the Warriors who is stopping that or LeBron. What has also pleased me recently is Wes Matthews, KCP and McLemore shooting the 3 at a high percentage - teams can't clog the paint otherwise we will score and teams can't guard the perimeter otherwise we lob it into Bron/AD/Drummond who will feast in the paint

Steph has had to put the Warriors on his back and has played big minutes recently and is throwing up more shots than in his entire career. Of course if he catches fire then fair they have a shot, but even from tonight I'm going to put it out there that if Steph is going 16-36 against the Lakers we are blowing them out relatively comfortably

Will be interesting tonight if the Nuggets beat Portland as I reckon we should comfortably overcome the Pels

Clippers have had the exact same issues we've had (to a slightly lesser extent) with injuries to key players who have had to sit out and they haven't quite got their chemistry going 

Will be a very interesting playoffs! 

10 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Fair comment tbh but we have the real AD rolling now and there's nobody on the Warriors who is stopping that or LeBron. What has also pleased me recently is Wes Matthews, KCP and McLemore shooting the 3 at a high percentage - teams can't clog the paint otherwise we will score and teams can't guard the perimeter otherwise we lob it into Bron/AD/Drummond who will feast in the paint

Steph has had to put the Warriors on his back and has played big minutes recently and is throwing up more shots than in his entire career. Of course if he catches fire then fair they have a shot, but even from tonight I'm going to put it out there that if Steph is going 16-36 against the Lakers we are blowing them out relatively comfortably

Will be interesting tonight if the Nuggets beat Portland as I reckon we should comfortably overcome the Pels

Clippers have had the exact same issues we've had (to a slightly lesser extent) with injuries to key players who have had to sit out and they haven't quite got their chemistry going 

Will be a very interesting playoffs! 

Very true with AD it's just making sure he stays in that zone that will be the problem for the Lakers, if he does then there won't be much to stop making the finals IMO. 

Looking forward to the east playoff games more than the West tbh, Knicks vs Hawks 1st round gives both teams a superb chance to get to the conference semi finals, Bucks vs Heat will be interesting since the Heat dumped them out last year and even though Brooklyn are by far and away the best team out there I doubt they will want to face a  Wizards side with a fearless duo in Bradley Beal and Russell Westbrook.

Think the 76ers choke again as well just something I don't like about the team and I can't put my finger on it maybe too over reliant on Embiid. 

2 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Very true with AD it's just making sure he stays in that zone that will be the problem for the Lakers, if he does then there won't be much to stop making the finals IMO. 

Looking forward to the east playoff games more than the West tbh, Knicks vs Hawks 1st round gives both teams a superb chance to get to the conference semi finals, Bucks vs Heat will be interesting since the Heat dumped them out last year and even though Brooklyn are by far and away the best team out there I doubt they will want to face a  Wizards side with a fearless duo in Bradley Beal and Russell Westbrook.

Think the 76ers choke again as well just something I don't like about the team and I can't put my finger on it maybe too over reliant on Embiid. 

76ers feel like Rangers the past few years; the talent is there but they're mentally fragile. I cant see them winning the championship even though they have the tools.

Knicks vs Hawks is a good series. Think the Knicks have managed to draw me all in after this season. 

6 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

76ers feel like Rangers the past few years; the talent is there but they're mentally fragile. I cant see them winning the championship even though they have the tools.

Knicks vs Hawks is a good series. Think the Knicks have managed to draw me all in after this season. 

Yeah that's my problem with them, think Embiid is superb but he will only carry them so far, as good as Simmons is his lack of a 3pointer gets badly exposed when its into the playoffs and Embiid needs that help. 

Anything for the Knicks is a bonus now but I think in a 7 games series against the Hawks they have to be favourites, I think the Wizards come out of the play in, Boston probably my other bet but they have looked woeful recently and the injury to Brown is a big one for them, is Tatum injured as well or was he just rested the other night?

11 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Yeah that's my problem with them, think Embiid is superb but he will only carry them so far, as good as Simmons is his lack of a 3pointer gets badly exposed when its into the playoffs and Embiid needs that help. 

Anything for the Knicks is a bonus now but I think in a 7 games series against the Hawks they have to be favourites, I think the Wizards come out of the play in, Boston probably my other bet but they have looked woeful recently and the injury to Brown is a big one for them, is Tatum injured as well or was he just rested the other night?

Tatum was out with an ankle injury but not sure how serious it was.

I think it'll probably be Wizards and maybe Indiana because I just have a feeling that Boston don't make the playoffs this year. The injuries certainly don't help them. 

Tatum will play, I think Boston will beat Washington pretty easily even without Brown. 

better coach, better defense, have it in them to lock a game down - Tatum will go for about 50 I reckon, Washington only really play up down basketball, think they will be easy picked apart. 

Spurs, Lakers, Hornets, Celtics if pushed on it. 

3 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Tatum will play, I think Boston will beat Washington pretty easily even without Brown. 

better coach, better defense, have it in them to lock a game down - Tatum will go for about 50 I reckon, Washington only really play up down basketball, think they will be easy picked apart. 

Spurs, Lakers, Hornets, Celtics if pushed on it. 

Have you watched them recently? Really bad in every position just now and if it wasn't for Tatum they wouldn't even be in the conversation, I think Tatum and Beal will basically cancel each other out just depends what Westbrook turns up IMO. 

32 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Have you watched them recently? Really bad in every position just now and if it wasn't for Tatum they wouldn't even be in the conversation, I think Tatum and Beal will basically cancel each other out just depends what Westbrook turns up IMO. 

I have, they took the Knicks in a must win game for the Knicks,  to the wire without Tatum, Thompson, Walker, Smart or Fournier playing a minute, that is a poor reflection on one team, and it isn't Boston. 

The two games they have played of real meaning lately when they have went with the main 5 they will have at their disposal were against the Heat, in what was a mini Play Off when they pushed, a far, far better side than Washington, in a game that looked more like Play Off Basketball. 

I expect Boston to be a different animal come the Play In at least, they have levels to go to that Washington don't IMO. 

Outside of Beal and Westbrook Washington are pretty pish and there is a decent chance Smart clamps one of them to a greater extend than they have been shut down  in recent weeks, Bertans is a 3 point shooter, who can't shoot the 3 that well, and that is about it, Thompson will likely rinse Len. 

This season has been very loose, suited sides like Washinton, Play Offs will be like another sport 

A different story when Boston play the Nets. 

56 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I have, they took the Knicks in a must win game for the Knicks,  to the wire without Tatum, Thompson, Walker, Smart or Fournier playing a minute, that is a poor reflection on one team, and it isn't Boston. 

The two games they have played of real meaning lately when they have went with the main 5 they will have at their disposal were against the Heat, in what was a mini Play Off when they pushed, a far, far better side than Washington, in a game that looked more like Play Off Basketball. 

I expect Boston to be a different animal come the Play In at least, they have levels to go to that Washington don't IMO. 

Outside of Beal and Westbrook Washington are pretty pish and there is a decent chance Smart clamps one of them to a greater extend than they have been shut down  in recent weeks, Bertans is a 3 point shooter, who can't shoot the 3 that well, and that is about it, Thompson will likely rinse Len. 

This season has been very loose, suited sides like Washinton, Play Offs will be like another sport 

A different story when Boston play the Nets. 

Would hardly say its a poor reflection on the Knicks, its a Thibs team defence always comes first, Smart is a great defender but can't depend on him being a 2nd option, Thompson and Walker have been underwhelming to say the least if they up there game then they should win.

Agreed with the rest of Washington being pretty pish outside there big 2 I just think a one off game doesn't suit Boston at all, if it was a series then Boston all day. 

Fully expect Brooklyn to come out of the East but still some exciting matchups. 

10 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Rumours that the NBA is going to expand to 32 teams. Seattle a stick on for a team apparently and looks like Vegas too.

These rumours come round every year it seems. Would be good to see a team in Seattle again though.

Boston game went about as I expected, Tatum really is absolute class. 

I had expected a bit more from Charlotte and Lamelo but they didn't bother their arse to defend, wouldn't be surprised if Indiana beat Washington as well, Beal doesn't look fit 

The closer it gets to the Lakers game the more I expect them to win quite easily, Spurs v Memphis could end up being the best game of the 4 seeing what Pop can do with Ja, get guys like Murray and lock him down, think it is Spurs tie to win.