NBA

19 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Knicks game is as good an atmosphere as you could wish to see at a sports game, but this is the stop when it’s time for them to get off - Atlanta just have players of a higher pitch of talent than them. 

Atmosphere is amazing fans make such a difference especially a crowd like the Knicks in the playoffs really helped them go on that run in the 2nd quarter. 

Think the teams are pretty even with talent, basically a chess match between Thibs and Mcmillian. 

What a game that was, crushing way to lose for the Knicks but those last 2 plays were so stupid from them, firstly bringing on Ntilikina who hadn't played all game to try defend a fully running Trae Young and god knows what they tried to do with the inbound. 

Trae Young can be annoying but he will be the future. 

11 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

RJ Barrett put that man on a poster, no better atmosphere in basketball than a knicks playoff game anyone that disagrees is lying. 

He got Bogdanovic goooooooooooooooooooooood

What an atmosphere last night. I'm purple & gold through and through but I must admit it's fantastic seeing the Knicks back in the play-offs

Just managed to watch the Lakers/Suns game and boy did the Lakers stink. Drummond put up okish numbers, but he's absolutely a weak link in that team when he's on the court. It just seems to all break down when he's on court. 

I was surprised at how well Ayton played. I honestly didn't expect him to do that well with no playoff experience and against Davis. It probably helped that Davis was rank rotten though. 

13 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Knicks game is as good an atmosphere as you could wish to see at a sports game, but this is the stop when it’s time for them to get off - Atlanta just have players of a higher pitch of talent than them. 

Nah, not worried yet. It's a series that could go either way.

13 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Played like shite, Book put up 34 and we only lost by 9.

Bring on game 2 

But it was also essentially with an amputee Chris Paul that allowed you to double Booker every time the ball crossed half court in his hands. If his injury isn't serious and he's back to fitness that's another problem. 

Lakers won't play as bad as that again though. 

16 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

But it was also essentially with an amputee Chris Paul that allowed you to double Booker every time the ball crossed half court in his hands. If his injury isn't serious and he's back to fitness that's another problem. 

Lakers won't play as bad as that again though. 

I felt sorry for him after his arm injury but then that bitch move on LeBron changed my mind. Fuck that guy

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I felt sorry for him after his arm injury but then that bitch move on LeBron changed my mind. Fuck that guy

I thought it was a flagrant in real time as it looked like an intentional hip bump while LeBron was in the air, but I don't think it was after watching the replays. He's tried to box out a guy he knows is bigger and stronger than him and has hooked his arm ( which is obviously not legal) but I think everything after that is accidental.

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I thought it was a flagrant in real time as it looked like an intentional hip bump while LeBron was in the air, but I don't think it was after watching the replays. He's tried to box out a guy he knows is bigger and stronger than him and has hooked his arm ( which is obviously not legal) but I think everything after that is accidental.

He has been around in the game a long, long, long time. I don't think he is *trying* to hurt LeBron, they're great friends, but what he did *could* have hurt him

Felt it was a flagrant 1 personally

28 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Nah, not worried yet. It's a series that could go either way.

I think they could get swept and I wouldn't be entirely against it. 

Knicks have punched way, way above their weight this season even if they get swept they have had a season to be proud off - but it needs to be assessed as that, they have had players who have had career years and performed at levels no one saw coming, while that is commendable it isn't IMO sustainable. 

The likes of Burkes last night, that's not par or going to be who he is long term, Rose has been excellent but again it is really tough to see him following up next season like this, possibly the same might apply for Randle. 

I would be fucked off if Dolan attempts to run it back with this team, as I think he would, if they went through this tie and went with it again - they aren't good enough and would suffer as a result of it. 

Next season the likes of Atlanta (age profile) Boston (age profile), Raptors and feasibly Bulls will move forward, the Knicks need to as well. 

They need to build around Barret, Quickley, Robinson I would rather an event happened that was going to see that happen than progress through to a tie which could extend the life of this team to be honest. 

All that being said, and just judging it solely as a tie, I just think as said before the Hawks just have more players who are better than the Knicks. 

Lebron is just a showman at heart, oversells most things, is what it is, when you see the utter battering Butler took at one point on Saturday and he just gets on with it, it just makes him far more likeable than Lebron, and I like Lebron but it is a bit of a mark against him how much a bitch he can act at times. 

The general standard of the Play Offs has been pretty ace, 

Wasn't a huge shock to see the Jazz turned over, they aren't by any means a great one side, and while effective and good at what he does Goubert is the shittest good player in the league. 

15 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Lebron is just a showman at heart, oversells most things, is what it is, when you see the utter battering Butler took at one point on Saturday and he just gets on with it, it just makes him far more likeable than Lebron, and I like Lebron but it is a bit of a mark against him how much a bitch he can act at times. 

The general standard of the Play Offs has been pretty ace, 

Wasn't a huge shock to see the Jazz turned over, they aren't by any means a great one side, and while effective and good at what he does Goubert is the shittest good player in the league. 

It would be amazing to see the Grizz get through that round

Ja Morant is an absolute animal and will go on to be a superstar in the league

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Knicks have punched way, way above their weight this season even if they get swept they have had a season to be proud off - but it needs to be assessed as that, they have had players who have had career years and performed at levels no one saw coming, while that is commendable it isn't IMO sustainable. 

The likes of Burkes last night, that's not par or going to be who he is long term, Rose has been excellent but again it is really tough to see him following up next season like this, possibly the same might apply for Randle. 

I would be fucked off if Dolan attempts to run it back with this team, as I think he would, if they went through this tie and went with it again - they aren't good enough and would suffer as a result of it. 

Next season the likes of Atlanta (age profile) Boston (age profile), Raptors and feasibly Bulls will move forward, the Knicks need to as well. 

They need to build around Barret, Quickley, Robinson I would rather an event happened that was going to see that happen than progress through to a tie which could extend the life of this team to be honest. 

All that being said, and just judging it solely as a tie, I just think as said before the Hawks just have more players who are better than the Knicks. 

Next game is crucial, if the Knicks drop it then I can see them being swept, must win for them already. 

Jazz need Donovan Mitchell back badly, big part of why they got the 1 seed. 

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

He has been around in the game a long, long, long time. I don't think he is *trying* to hurt LeBron, they're great friends, but what he did *could* have hurt him

Felt it was a flagrant 1 personally

It's probably is by the letter of the law as grabbing the arm is unnecessary contact, but it seems like officials really only call them when there seems to be a bit of intent, which I don't think there was. 

Knicks are 3 - 0 against the Hawks in the regular season. We had more boards and more assists than the Hawks last night and controlling the glass is key. What killed us was almost double the turnovers that Atlanta had. You need to protect the ball and use every possession in playoff basketball. If we can continue to control the boards and reduce turnovers then I think there's a chance to progress. I do think game 2 is must win though which is a lot of pressure.

I agree that the Knicks have surpassed all expectations. The turnaround from Thibs has been stunning and there is no way we go a deep play off run, but I've not given up hope of getting to meet the sixers. 

Dolan is a wank and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes tits up, but we have two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks for the 2021 draft and the most cap space in the league. If its played well over the next few years we could see a dominant Knicks team come to fruition.

18 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Knicks are 3 - 0 against the Hawks in the regular season. We had more boards and more assists than the Hawks last night and controlling the glass is key. What killed us was almost double the turnovers that Atlanta had. You need to protect the ball and use every possession in playoff basketball. If we can continue to control the boards and reduce turnovers then I think there's a chance to progress. I do think game 2 is must win though which is a lot of pressure.

I agree that the Knicks have surpassed all expectations. The turnaround from Thibs has been stunning and there is no way we go a deep play off run, but I've not given up hope of getting to meet the sixers. 

Dolan is a wank and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes tits up, but we have two 1st round picks and two 2nd round picks for the 2021 draft and the most cap space in the league. If its played well over the next few years we could see a dominant Knicks team come to fruition.

It is pretty redundant TBH, regular and Play Off are a world removed more so given the Knicks have really shown their hand all season more than most and went full gas, they have had their balls out for all to see most of the season , Atlanta have barely had their first 5 that started out on the court together this season, think it had only been something mental like 16 minutes - they have gears and levels I don't think the Knicks will live with over the series. 

22 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It is pretty redundant TBH, regular and Play Off are a world removed more so given the Knicks have really shown their hand all season more than most and went full gas, they have had their balls out for all to see most of the season , Atlanta have barely had their first 5 that started out on the court together this season, think it had only been something mental like 16 minutes - they have gears and levels I don't think the Knicks will live with over the series. 

We all know playoff basketball is different to the regular season, but I think it's a bit foolish to completely discount it.

You could be right, I'm not certain we go through, I'm just not too worried yet. The Knicks are nowhere near the finished article and need to secure some really strong pieces to cement themselves as a playoff team at the very least in the coming years, but I think we're a more attractive proposition now at least. 

4 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I keep saying it but its a Thibs team, a great coach but every team he has ever been at has went full throttle from start to finish, even times when they had a blowout victory this season Randle is still playing 40 minutes. 

They need to find a way to defend Trae and also hope Randle has had his worst game of the series as he was a liability more than anything last night. 

7 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Would be as well just calling the Nets-Celtics series, not even halfway through the 3rd and Nets are 32 points ahead 😂

Aye I watched until half time and it was just a blood bath

Joe Harris is a beast when he gets going like that and he has really added to his game in terms of basketball intelligence and all-round play, he's not just a 3 pt shooter anymore

Worth keeping it going to see the Nets in front of a lively crowd, they are going to be in a world of shit in front of Boston fans. 

Lakers Sun was excellent, would have been pretty interesting if Crowder hadn’t just been hurling bricks most of the night 

Turnovers cost them

Get it right fucking up them

THE LAKE SHOW BABY