NBA

I can see Kawhi ending up at the Heat in the summer,  something weird about the boy I think he will just fuck the Clippers off and move on from it, nothing about that project seems to be working. 

Under another owner though the Knicks should be sitting him down and showing him their game against the Hawks and the atmosphere v that of the Clippers last night, even accounting for numbers a completely dead, disinterested crowd being told to be loud, the fans made it easy for the Clippers to dial it in, just appear to have no expectancy of their team. 

Be interesting to see what the Clippers do at what will be a pretty much sold out Mavs, the fans are the thing keeping a few series going - actually looking forward to Boston Nets solely for the reaction to the big 3. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I can see Kawhi ending up at the Heat in the summer,  something weird about the boy I think he will just fuck the Clippers off and move on from it, nothing about that project seems to be working. 

Under another owner though the Knicks should be sitting him down and showing him their game against the Hawks and the atmosphere v that of the Clippers last night, even accounting for numbers a completely dead, disinterested crowd being told to be loud, the fans made it easy for the Clippers to dial it in, just appear to have no expectancy of their team. 

Be interesting to see what the Clippers do at what will be a pretty much sold out Mavs, the fans are the thing keeping a few series going - actually looking forward to Boston Nets solely for the reaction to the big 3. 

Kawhi had his perfect situation in Toronto and Miami may be a good shout as even though they are big markets they are out the way and not as relevant as the LA market, even though Clippers are small time compared to the Lakers its been all about Kawhi vs Lebron even with Clippers choking in the Playoffs.

Don't think he would want to handle New York and the pressures that would come with it. 

I would usually agree about the crowd but I don't see them affecting the series at all, Nets are just too good and Boston looked finished last night. 

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Aye I watched until half time and it was just a blood bath

Joe Harris is a beast when he gets going like that and he has really added to his game in terms of basketball intelligence and all-round play, he's not just a 3 pt shooter anymore

Turnovers cost them

Get it right fucking up them

THE LAKE SHOW BABY

Joe Harris was on fire last night, actually felt for Boston at times last night anytime they put a small run of 6 or 7 points together the Nets would just go down and hit them with 3s or blitz them you could tell they had no answer for it. 

One point in the 3rd I think Smart hit 4 3s in a row and it ended up cutting the lead by 1 I think 😂

1 hour ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Joe Harris was on fire last night, actually felt for Boston at times last night anytime they put a small run of 6 or 7 points together the Nets would just go down and hit them with 3s or blitz them you could tell they had no answer for it. 

One point in the 3rd I think Smart hit 4 3s in a row and it ended up cutting the lead by 1 I think 😂

Agree with everything except feeling sorry for the Celtics...FUCK THE CELTICS :lol:

12 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Agree with everything except feeling sorry for the Celtics...FUCK THE CELTICS :lol:

I didn't want to feel sorry for them but playing that Brooklyn team must be a nightmare, all I could keep thinking of was Apollo Creed's trainer shouting 'throw the damn towel' :lol:

3 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

The Knicks tie up the series thanks to a big performance by Derrick Rose, think it will be back and forth all the way but Randle needs to get his finger out another horror show in the 1st half at least a bit better in the 2nd half. 

Yeah, massive game for Rose but Randle needs to step up to the plate in the post season. Rose isn't going to be able to sustain almost 40 minutes a game across a series. 

D ROSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MSG was loud AF man, what an arena. I know it won't happen, but the Lakers v Knicks in an NBA Finals would be absolutely spectacular, from an atmosphere point of view. MSG and Staples is >>>>>> (except when the Clippers play because they've got no fans)

18 hours ago, psb07158 said:

D ROSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MSG was loud AF man, what an arena. I know it won't happen, but the Lakers v Knicks in an NBA Finals would be absolutely spectacular, from an atmosphere point of view. MSG and Staples is >>>>>> (except when the Clippers play because they've got no fans)

Its great having fans back when the atmosphere is like that. 

Clippers fans are a joke, hard game the other night when they were down they got within 2 points I think, it was like a library still not one bit of passion or emotion. 

If that's the Lakers playing then the place goes wild and pushes them on, same with MSG. 

Ayton has been very good, actually looks to have taken a step as a player. 

Heat were utterly turgid against the Bucks, Butler aside every other player was terrible, as poor as I have seen Bam play. 

If they could go back they should have looked to do more when it comes to trading Hero last offseason, i think he just hit a rare hot streak last play offs, not convinced by him at all. 

Portland Denver has probably turned into as entertaining a series as any, Dame and Jokic basically playing 2K1 standard stuff 

6 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Ayton has been very good, actually looks to have taken a step as a player. 

Heat were utterly turgid against the Bucks, Butler aside every other player was terrible, as poor as I have seen Bam play. 

If they could go back they should have looked to do more when it comes to trading Hero last offseason, i think he just hit a rare hot streak last play offs, not convinced by him at all. 

Portland Denver has probably turned into as entertaining a series as any, Dame and Jokic basically playing 2K1 standard stuff 

The Bucks just look more ruthless this year. Jrue Holiday has been class, they also basically replaced Wes Matthews in the rotation with Forbes so they've traded a *little* bit of defence for more potent offence around Giannis. I like the look of their team

Brooklyn v Bucks in the next round is going to be incredible. The Nets just do not have the physicality to guard Giannis so I think it's just going to be an old fashioned shoot out

Hawks go up 2-1 took control 2nd quarter and never let go after that, D Rose with another class performance but absolutely no help from anyone else. Rose went 13/21 on field goals while the rest of the starters combined for 9/38, you ain't winning another game never mind the series if the shooting keeps like that, I know it won't happen and they havent really got an option but to keep playing him but I would pull Randle for the next game boys been absolutely woeful all series. 

27 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Hawks go up 2-1 took control 2nd quarter and never let go after that, D Rose with another class performance but absolutely no help from anyone else. Rose went 13/21 on field goals while the rest of the starters combined for 9/38, you ain't winning another game never mind the series if the shooting keeps like that, I know it won't happen and they havent really got an option but to keep playing him but I would pull Randle for the next game boys been absolutely woeful all series. 

So far, Randle is really costing them

D Rose was amazing

Now hopefully the Mavs go 3-0 up against the clippers

18 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

So far, Randle is really costing them

D Rose was amazing

Now hopefully the Mavs go 3-0 up against the clippers

He's been a liability the whole series, I don't know if he is maybe burned out or the stage is just too big for him but something needs to happen or the Knicks will be gone. 

I think the Clippers will get one but zero chance they win 4 out of 5 games against Luka and the Mavs. 

The Hawks Knicks game was a lot closer to what I was expecting from the series, I would expect much the same on Sunday. 

Pretty pleased with the other two games, would rather the series went on as long as possible - I think the Nets sort of knew they could fanny about with last nights game with the upside of knowing they can play in front of an intense crowd in a game of meaning, and keep their roster active rather than being parked up by Sunday for a few more days. They (The Nets) look like they used a lot of the game to experiment with things. 

Nets v Boston in front of a sold out stadium should be amazing to watch though, expect Kyrie to come back to life and be a wee prick in that game and go for about 40 though

Still think the Clippers will turn the Mavs over, Luka is just absurd but THJ is going to have a bad night now and then and Porzingas is just a liability, whacks one in from the logo now and then but is just passive way too often. I would expect the Mavs to try and get off him or make moves to facilitate him further, Collins as a FA would be a good pickup, but even then just can't see Luka winning a title with KP as a second man. 

It was actually a pretty balls display from the Clippers after the first few minutes it looked like they were just going to phone it in. 

5 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

The Hawks Knicks game was a lot closer to what I was expecting from the series, I would expect much the same on Sunday. 

Pretty pleased with the other two games, would rather the series went on as long as possible - I think the Nets sort of knew they could fanny about with last nights game with the upside of knowing they can play in front of an intense crowd in a game of meaning, and keep their roster active rather than being parked up by Sunday for a few more days. They (The Nets) look like they used a lot of the game to experiment with things. 

Nets v Boston in front of a sold out stadium should be amazing to watch though, expect Kyrie to come back to life and be a wee prick in that game and go for about 40 though

Still think the Clippers will turn the Mavs over, Luka is just absurd but THJ is going to have a bad night now and then and Porzingas is just a liability, whacks one in from the logo now and then but is just passive way too often. I would expect the Mavs to try and get off him or make moves to facilitate him further, Collins as a FA would be a good pickup, but even then just can't see Luka winning a title with KP as a second man. 

It was actually a pretty balls display from the Clippers after the first few minutes it looked like they were just going to phone it in. 

Kawhi and PG coming up big for them and as you say Mavs having nobody to help Doncic, I think the Mavs still make it through because your effectively relying on PG having another 3 of these games for the Clippers to win and previous evidence doesn't show that happening. 

Hawks-Knicks is only close because of D Rose, Hawks star man Young has shown up the 3 games while Randle and the Knicks have played embarrisingly bad. 

Trae Young is legit. He has that alpha "fuck you" mentality that you usually need to be a superstar in the league. 

Looking forward to watching the Knicks in the sunshine with a beer tonight. Randle has to deliver tonight or the series is done. You can't have your main guy putting up the second worse FG% for a Knick in a playoff game.

Gibson, Rose and Burkes (first game) have kept Knicks alive in this series 

Gibson is legit smashing the fuck out of folk, he’s been great 

it’s time now to either defend Young (unlikely) 

Or Randle to show up. 

a fair few in the Knicks are going to have a lot of those mornings waking up cold thinking “what if” based on this series so far. 

5 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Trae Young is legit. He has that alpha "fuck you" mentality that you usually need to be a superstar in the league. 

Looking forward to watching the Knicks in the sunshine with a beer tonight. Randle has to deliver tonight or the series is done. You can't have your main guy putting up the second worse FG% for a Knick in a playoff game.

I really don't like Trae Young at times then other times I can't help but like him 😂 brilliant player. 

Been a good game so far Randle been a tad better but still short of what we truly need from him, Rose still balling out but that's the main guy right there not Randle.