NBA

Can we talk about Trae Young? What an absolute baller.

The Bucks didn't play quite as stupidly as normal last night and still lost home court advantage. I'd still expect them to just about have enough to see off the Hawks but bloody hell they don't half make things hard on themselves. 

Still hoping for a Suns title win. Would absolutely love it for CP3 after the career he's had.

Young is class, his little step and pause that put Holiday on skates was amazing... but...I am probably never going to think he is anything other than a wee dick head and I am OK with that, I like to have players in the NBA I just can't take to , and I can't take to him him as a person at all, even though I know how good he is, I am bit like that with Giannis I know he is good he just annoys the fuck out of me

To his, Youngs, credit, he probably massively helps Collins be the player he is but someone is going to give Collins a bucket load of cash because first games against the Knicks aside he has been class in the Play Offs, he also seems like a Grade A prick in the way which makes players appeal to me, he was just shouting at Philly fans for a fair chunk of the game telling them how shit they were, his clapping Simmons free-throws and ramping the crowd up to cheer Simmons free-throw attempts was amazing. 

I mean this is just top class arseholery in the best way. 

You’re right about Collins, he has had a really good post-season and definitely has the needle that would appeal to any team trying to compete. He and Ayton might be the two players who have come out of these Playoffs with the biggest boost to their reputations. 

Young definitely seems to lean in to the pantomime villain but like you said the league needs polarising players like that. The absolute vitriol the NY crowd threw his way and the shit he gave them back was one of the best parts of that series. 

Either way this has been a brilliant post-season so far. While it’s crap to see so many injuries, it’s added such a level of unpredictability to it all and the fact that one of the Hawks, Bucks, Suns or Clippers is going to win the title is a great change of pace. 

11 hours ago, SonicWill said:

You’re right about Collins, he has had a really good post-season and definitely has the needle that would appeal to any team trying to compete. He and Ayton might be the two players who have come out of these Playoffs with the biggest boost to their reputations. 

Young definitely seems to lean in to the pantomime villain but like you said the league needs polarising players like that. The absolute vitriol the NY crowd threw his way and the shit he gave them back was one of the best parts of that series. 

Either way this has been a brilliant post-season so far. While it’s crap to see so many injuries, it’s added such a level of unpredictability to it all and the fact that one of the Hawks, Bucks, Suns or Clippers is going to win the title is a great change of pace. 

I saw a clip on Instagram of Trae Young in high school and he was being booed by the crowd and they were chanting against him, it seems like he has always been the villain :lol:

I love him. I think he's phenomenal. 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Giannis incident was utterly minging to watch, fucked for the series, thought he had broke his leg first time watching it 

If Middleton looked different he would get so much more respect, he is class. 

It was a shame as the Bucks were awful the 1st half but Giannis came out with a head of steam in the 3rdQ until the injury baaically ended the game as a contest. 

Think that would usually be the series as well but with Trae being questionable again for game 5 then its still anyones series. 

I usually think Kendick Perkins is havering dick but his Suns dynasty chat isn't that wild - Booker and Ayton on a class trajectory, Bridges and Crowder are very decent starting options and CP3 still looking pretty legit, they probably will start next year as strong favorites. 

Aytyon has sky rocketed. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/08/2021 at 15:29, SkylineBlue said:

Kemba to Knicks could be a great piece of business depending on the contract. The back court has been a real issue and picking up a 4x Allstar is decent going. 

He will probably do well as he will be 1st/2nd option with Randle but I feel like the Knicks still need a playmaker and maybe a better Center, DRose is great but they got exposed badly in the playoffs whenever he wasn't on the floor as there wasn't much ball movement apart from Randle tossing bricks. 

4 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

He will probably do well as he will be 1st/2nd option with Randle but I feel like the Knicks still need a playmaker and maybe a better Center, DRose is great but they got exposed badly in the playoffs whenever he wasn't on the floor as there wasn't much ball movement apart from Randle tossing bricks. 

Yeah there's still a lot of work to do. There's talk of picking up Fournier too but that would be 2 guards who barely broke an average of 5 assists last season and, as you say, we're badly needing a guard to open up other options on the floor. 

• 2 months later...

The Lake Show is back tonight

We have been awful in pre-season due to a combination of players not giving a fuck, not playing full strength teams, bizarre back-court match-ups and numerous injuries

Our injury report for tonight is annoying, Ellington Ariza and Nunn all out. Monk is 'probable' 

The road to #18 starts tonight

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Gold State v Boston game 6 on the now (3-2) GSW off to a flyer, had actually thought Boston would force a Game 7. Sleeping pattern = :rip: 

Never been into basketball much before but ive been in the states the past two weeks on holiday and have really enjoyed following the finals. So far it looks like Boston have fucked it :crabflute:

53 minutes ago, The Monk said:

Never been into basketball much before but ive been in the states the past two weeks on holiday and have really enjoyed following the finals. So far it looks like Boston have fucked it :crabflute:

Steph Curry's 3's there were wild. Too good. I pretty much just watch the play-offs and the same when it gets near the finals in the NHL Stanley Cup or Superbowl in NFL, entertaining to watch those at the highest level anyway.

• 4 months later...

Kyrie Irving is all the talk over here right now for his refusal to apologize for his antisemitic views. He has been suspended by his team and now Nike just announced they have suspended his contract.

A case of an uneducated man, with a huge ego and too much money.

17 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Kyrie Irving is all the talk over here right now for his refusal to apologize for his antisemitic views. He has been suspended by his team and now Nike just announced they have suspended his contract.

A case of an uneducated man, with a huge ego and too much money.

Only seen snippets of what has been happening but nothing is surprising when it comes to Kyrie now, a great player with a stinking attitude.

Away from the recent topic iv been betting on NBA with some good success recently following some paid for tips, not a sport I’m interested in at all.. a couple of points iv taken from it

1, the intervals are weird as fuck with what they do during them from watching people roll balls along the court for money to babies racing crawling 10 yards 

2, non Americans seem to be unreal from giannis antetokounmpo to and doncic, vucevuc and porzingis

also banchero is having a decent debut season