NBA

On 21/04/2018 at 14:36, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Cavs looking like they could be out in the 1st round, Pacers coming back from 17 down last night to go 2-1 up in the series.

Even if they can get through they aren't good enough for any team coming from the west I doubt Lebron can even carry them to the conference finals.

Looks like I was wrong :lol: the guy is an absolute beast and I wouldn't right him off now carrying them all the way. Hope the Rockets do it tonight to make the finals competetive but because I think GSW will just steamroll the Cavs if they go through.

5 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

GSW vs Lebron starting tomorrow, I'll be shocked if the Cavs even win 1 game but would love to see Lebron go on an absolute rampage for the entire series.

That ain't happening :lol:

Once the 3's start the Cavs will not have any answers. If they couldn't do it last year, the will not have a chance this year. 

I've never really been a huge fan of the game, I do however admire the skills from the players.

Le Bron is a phenomenal player who made me happy that he almost singlehandedly beat the dirty team from Boston..(I'm fully aware it takes a team to win). 

I will accept the greater knowledge from you guys on here who say he won't have any chance of winning this year's Finals. But I hope he can. 

37 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Warriors SHOULD sweep the Cavs but stranger things have happened - the Cavs have one of the greatest to ever play the sport in their line-up. They just desperately need Kevin Love back for this series but I think he'll miss game 1 through the concussion protocol

From what ive seen and read from game 7 the other night is that the Cavs started with guys Lebron trusted and could all  defend 1 on 1, when they swapped there bench players on it was supposedly a bit disastorous,  I would go with the same starting 5 and see if they can carry the defence while Lebron does what he does on offence if they could get a JR Smith or Korver going from 3 point land it could be interesting even though I could give more production than JR Smith has for most of the playoffs.

Unreal.

You set your team up for a road win in game 1 of the NBA finals when you're complete underdogs but your team-mate completely fucks it up because he forgets the score in the last 5 seconds of the game.

JR Smith should be fined by the Cavs then traded ASAP when the window opens :lol: 

11 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Unreal.

You set your team up for a road win in game 1 of the NBA finals when you're complete underdogs but your team-mate completely fucks it up because he forgets the score in the last 5 seconds of the game.

JR Smith should be fined by the Cavs then traded ASAP when the window opens :lol: 

is that what happened?:lol: tbf the warriors took full advantage of it in OT by the looks of it. 

sounds like some effort too

8 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

is that what happened?:lol: tbf the warriors took full advantage of it in OT by the looks of it. 

sounds like some effort too

Scores are level, 5 seconds on the clock, Cavs had a free throw - missed it but managed to grab the offensive rebound. JR Smith is a few yards from the basket and has an easy lay-up to make with no real pressure on him following the rebound...but he decides to run out beyond the 3 point line whilst LeBron is literally screaming at him. 

Then went into OT and the Warriors ran amok

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Scores are level, 5 seconds on the clock, Cavs had a free throw - missed it but managed to grab the offensive rebound. JR Smith is a few yards from the basket and has an easy lay-up to make with no real pressure on him following the rebound...but he decides to run out beyond the 3 point line whilst LeBron is literally screaming at him. 

Then went into OT and the Warriors ran amok

jesus christ. criminal 

I've got a friendly cav/warrior - lebron/curry rivalry going in work with my workmate and this pleases me greatly ?

Steve Kerr on LeBron:

"You think anybody’s going to beat that team easily? You’re crazy. LeBron is outrageous.”

"They have a guy who's playing basketball at a level I'm not sure anyone has ever seen before."

Honestly, the only reason this garbage Cavs team went toe-to-toe with one of the best teams (ever?) in the NBA is because they have LeBron James. The guy is 33 but showing no signs of deteriorating. Tied MJ last night for the number of 30+ point play-off games (109). Monster.

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

jesus christ. criminal 

I've got a friendly cav/warrior - lebron/curry rivalry going in work with my workmate and this pleases me greatly ?

Honestly the shit cunt bastard winds me up :lol: there have been some truly garbage players who have won an NBA championship :lol: 

I can't say I really dislike either of these teams. I'm a Lakers fan jealous of the Warriors stacked roster (and one who remembers the NBA blocking our trade for CP3 because they said it would make the league competition weaker then allowing KD to join an already championship-winning team), plus a huge fan of what LeBron has done in the game since returning to Cleveland, so would prefer the Cavs to win. What he has done this season dragging this shite Cavs team to the finals is just mad

22 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Honestly the shit cunt bastard winds me up :lol: there have been some truly garbage players who have won an NBA championship :lol: 

I can't say I really dislike either of these teams. I'm a Lakers fan jealous of the Warriors stacked roster (and one who remembers the NBA blocking our trade for CP3 because they said it would make the league competition weaker then allowing KD to join an already championship-winning team), plus a huge fan of what LeBron has done in the game since returning to Cleveland, so would prefer the Cavs to win. What he has done this season dragging this shite Cavs team to the finals is just mad

without doubt. I think he goes down as the greatest ever now, no? I always like to see the jazz win but just to get a bit of banter a few years back we plumbed for a team each. 

seams to be every team with the name 'golden' in it gets an easy ride, they Vegas golden nights in the hockey are literally doing the exact same.

I'm getting an overwhelming urge to type bron a blue nose right now for some reason :lol::lol:

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

without doubt. I think he goes down as the greatest ever now, no? I always like to see the jazz win but just to get a bit of banter a few years back we plumbed for a team each. 

seams to be every team with the name 'golden' in it gets an easy ride, they Vegas golden nights in the hockey are literally doing the exact same.

I'm getting an overwhelming urge to type bron a blue nose right now for some reason :lol::lol:

You’re always going to get guys who say he isn’t based on his number of championships. 

MJ was before my time but his stats speak for themselves

All I can say is in my lifetime, I don’t think I’ve watched a better basketball player. Again, I say that as a Lakers fan who idolised Kobe :lol:. Kobe at 33 was nowhere near the level of LeBron at 33. 

33 year old’s Kobe got shagged 4-1 off OKC in the play-offs...33 year old LeBron’s were 4.7 seconds and a dumb play away from an away win v the Warriors

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Unreal.

All but guaranteed LeBron leaving now as well. 

39 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

You’re always going to get guys who say he isn’t based on his number of championships. 

MJ was before my time but his stats speak for themselves

All I can say is in my lifetime, I don’t think I’ve watched a better basketball player. Again, I say that as a Lakers fan who idolised Kobe :lol:. Kobe at 33 was nowhere near the level of LeBron at 33. 

33 year old’s Kobe got shagged 4-1 off OKC in the play-offs...33 year old LeBron’s were 4.7 seconds and a dumb play away from an away win v the Warriors

mate I was waiting on the jazz in kobes last game for £290, I could whatsapp my workmate the now and the bastard pulled off one of the best games of his career and fucked me, I'll never forget it man. I still to this day say the jazz let him go out with a bang lol I'll never forgive the cunt. just checked there 56 points he scored :lol: could only happen to me man. 

can't beat the basketball, I just wish I could spend more time with it but it's hard for me to keep up as much as I'd like. 

1 hour ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

JR Smith you utter moron :lol: cant believe he fucked it that much, also the call they overturned with KD and Lebron was very debatable if they dont overturn that theres a big chance the Cavs go on and win.

Still but JR Smith :lol:

I think the call was the right decision in the end but I'm not happy with the way they've got to the decision

It's just like VAR in football - bullshit when something is quite tight and they reverse/change it. Needs to be a drastic issue for it to be changed IMO. And that's leaving aside the fact that they didn't even review initially for what they ended up overturning the foul for - they reviewed for his foot on the restricted line but then saw his leg was fine and spotted the other issue and overturned on that basis.

They need to make it like cricket whereby if you review something you have to say what you're reviewing - i.e. if you review an LBW and someone has caught it, and it turns out upon review that the LBW is not out but he edged it to the fielder, they don't give it out

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I think the call was the right decision in the end but I'm not happy with the way they've got to the decision

It's just like VAR in football - bullshit when something is quite tight and they reverse/change it. Needs to be a drastic issue for it to be changed IMO. And that's leaving aside the fact that they didn't even review initially for what they ended up overturning the foul for - they reviewed for his foot on the restricted line but then saw his leg was fine and spotted the other issue and overturned on that basis.

They need to make it like cricket whereby if you review something you have to say what you're reviewing - i.e. if you review an LBW and someone has caught it, and it turns out upon review that the LBW is not out but he edged it to the fielder, they don't give it out

Thats my problem with it and one of the shows I watched on youtube today the guy said they cant call the review for anything but his foot being on the restricted line but he thinks theyve actually called it because there was 2 different calls on the floor at that time and that would be breaking the rules so they say anyway.

Hopefully Lebron can keep this level up to make this series interesting but I dont see KD shooting as poorly again this series.