Waghorn

BillyG93

8 hours ago, jbm26896 said:

Whilst I don't agree with the personal insults to any Rangers player on here - this season has proved he is not good enough for this level.

i can see us hopefully trying to sell him in the summer along with Garner. 

We're not shifting Garner. We paid over the odds for him, and he's on more money here than he was down south. Based on his form with us I doubt he's going to be attracting any interest beyond League One, and given that clubs will know we're desperate to free up wages I'd expect them to try to get us to make up the difference in any wage drop he takes. 

Waghorn, we could make a small profit on. Purely because we only paid £200,000 or so. But with Garner we're taking a loss, and/or paying towards his wages, or even loaning him out. Either way, we're taking a hit with Garner. (No shite pun intended.)

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He sometimes looks comfortable and decent on the ball but his finishing is woeful. He never makes the chances count. I think it's almost a natural thing with strikers when it comes to having the knack for putting the ball in the net. I know I never had it but Waghorn will never have it either when it comes to living up to the demands at a club like Rangers. He would struggle to make it at a lot of other Scottish clubs because his lack of a finish makes him not worth playing as he's poor out wide or behind another striker. His decision to attempt a diving type of header when he had the space and time to just pick his spot and head the ball summed him up. 

when the ball fell too waggy in their penalty area yesterday a good striker would have hit it first time regardless of what leg the ball fell to him  but    he took a extra touch to put it onto his left peg in that time the defender was in front of him and blocked the shot .

you can't  doubt his effort but he just needs so many chances to score the pair off them Garner and Waggy need to be skelped in the summer even if it means taking a heavy lose to get rid off them.

Waghorn is a decent player but he's at his best on the wing for me, where he can drive in. 

His finishing isn't great and although he has a good goal in him now and again, he can't be played through the middle on his own!

I would move him on in the summer although I think we could get 500k for him no bother. 

The hatred i have for waghorn runs deep. Woke up this morning and it's still in my head the state he was in yesterday he's no first second or third touch Stevie wonder could find a pass better he's bullied off the ball was ease he's a fucking nightmare. 

1 hour ago, Pearson83 said:

The hatred i have for waghorn runs deep. Woke up this morning and it's still in my head the state he was in yesterday he's no first second or third touch Stevie wonder could find a pass better he's bullied off the ball was ease he's a fucking nightmare. 

Sums up my feelings this morning.

No right foot worth talking about, can't finish very well when its on his stronger foot, can't believe he starts so much.  His lack of finishing ability has cost us points this season ((not just him - but we are talking about him).  I don't have any hatred for him, but my frustration does run very deep with Waghorn.  I couldn't keep that frustration to myself yesterday when he didn't even get his free header on target.  

He has 15 goals for us this season, 7 of those have been against lower league opposition and only one of his 6 goals in the league has been against a top 6 side (header against St Johnstone) and the other 5 have came against Hamilton (4) and Inverness (1).

2 of those 6 goals were penalties.

That's our top scorer.

Lost patience with him now. Couldn't finish his fucking dinner. 

Low confidence can only go so far. His finishing has been awful all season.

Despite how poor we were yesterday he could've had a hattrick in the last 10 minutes.

Always a scapegoat after old firm game. He was definitely the worst out there yesterday but in my opinion the only players that showed at least a wee bit of dig was. Wes, tav,Miller,beerman,bates,wilson,dodoo

and they weren't even anything half decent. Too many of team where posted missing. Should be giving us our money back after that. No heart at all or effort we make them look good. No one tracked mcgregor for his goal and we never took our chances at all when we had anything. Big changes needed in summer. King get the cheque book out. You appointed Pedro when no one expected it so get him backed if you think he is the man to take us forward. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Lost patience with him now. Couldn't finish his fucking dinner. 

Low confidence can only go so far. His finishing has been awful all season.

Despite how poor we were yesterday he could've had a hattrick in the last 10 minutes.

Bollocks he could finish his dinners and yours!!!

Agree its not a confidence thing but more of a its above his level thing

6 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Bollocks he could finish his dinners and yours!!!

Agree its not a confidence thing but more of a its above his level thing

Aye probably wrong choice of phrase to be fair :lol:

Looked like he was towing a caravan yesterday.

9 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Waggy has never played in europe and Is looking forward to doing so IF hes in the managers plans for next season according to his little interview on rtv at the poty awards dinner...

Achieving European football would be a outstanding achievement according to him also

sums up this squads mentality   

The attitude at our club has become pathetic 

4 hours ago, Pearson83 said:

I'm with you on this .There is no excusing how garbage he is for us 

Seeing Messi stick the ball in a corner with precision under extreme pressure in last minute while we have this donkey .Just brought it all home yesterday 

6 goals in the league for us and averages a goal every 266 minutes - basically a goal every 3 games. Scored 15 goals in total this year with 7 of them against teams from lower divisions and 5 against Hamilton.

He has managed to score against St Johnstone, Inverness and Motherwell easily.

He had a 39% shot accuracy according to squaka in his last season with Wigan before coming here. Jeez and to think Warburton was strong on stats.

He needs hunted

15 minutes ago, gj923 said:

6 goals in the league for us and averages a goal every 266 minutes - basically a goal every 3 games. Scored 15 goals in total this year with 7 of them against teams from lower divisions and 5 against Hamilton.

He has managed to score against St Johnstone, Inverness and Motherwell easily.

He had a 39% shot accuracy according to squaka in his last season with Wigan before coming here. Jeez and to think Warburton was strong on stats.

He needs hunted

He has 1 against Inverness and it was a penalty. Hardly found it easy against them.