Who Does Caixinha Keep

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm not basing anything on 1 game though if that was the case I'd free transfer Fod in the morning 

Aye fair point, I just wonder if he's a luxury player when things are going well rather than a game changer.

He's dipped in form since PC came in, I'm not sure it's a coincidence.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Foderingham

Tavernier

Wallace

Hill

McKay

Miller

Dodoo

Not all as first picks but the squad, the rest can go, problem is we don't have the dough to replace them with the quality needed, it'll be quantity over quality for a few windows yet.

18 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Aye fair point, I just wonder if he's a luxury player when things are going well rather than a game changer.

He's dipped in form since PC came in, I'm not sure it's a coincidence.

Think he would benefit with an older/stronger enforcer type Centre mid beside him. Won't be with us anyway. 

Our whole squad is made up of squad players outwith maybe Wes, we need a full evaluation and gutting of the squad. None of the players except possible Wes should be in our starting 11 next year if we are looking to push for a competitive title race.

The problem is if we punt 10 players we will do exactly what we've kept doing, bring in another 10 cheap/freebies. Punt 4/5 and bring in 4/5 quality players.

A striker and a RW would be my two priorites, followed by CMs and a CB. But make each signing at the quality good enough.

I'd rather we signed 3 quality players than 8 barrel scrapes

46 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Tell them all tomorrow that they are going onto the transfer list, either prove themselves to the next employer or prove their Rangers standard. They have 5 games left to do either.

They have reached their level and they are all the player that they are going to be. Maybe a player in Beerman and of course Hyndman is quality, but he isn't ours.

As for the rest, not good enough now and never will be. including Fod's, as he has too many weaknesses. Great shot stopper, but does have two left feet, his distribution is abomniable and embarassing at times, doesn't command his area and could be held responsble for both goals today, whilst at the same time he saved us from an even more embarrassing defeat, but he is not what we need. Top keepers just don't have that many weaknesses.

So it's Beerman for me and the rest can get to fuck, not they we will be able to move on so many due to contractual obligations and then we are limited by whatever King decides is a budget and I doubt it will be much, with two court actions hanging over our heads.

We are not in a good place and we will not be in a position to challenge the scum next season or for the foreseeable whilst we are strapped for cash, so we either accept that and lower our expectations or seriously challenge this board, as it all comes down to money at the end of the day, to replace the squad we are left with.

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Get Rid:

Hill, Kiernan, Garner , Miller,  Halliday, Waghorn, Holt, Senderos, Kranjcar, Rossiter and MOH

Keep:

Wes, Hodson, Alnwick (assume he is ok), Wilson, Tav, Wallace, McKay, Windass  and Dodoo 

Try and keep:

Toral and Hyndman

I'd keep all of them you suggest apart from Hodson- I can't see why you would keep him when he barely gets a game as it is. I'd keep Halliday, Holt, Waghorn, and Garner, because do we have the option of getting better with the budget we operate on. It is definitely the end of the line for the others, although if Rossiter were to get fit then who knows.

1 hour ago, williamcarvel9 said:

It's fairly obvious that there will be a revolving door this summer. Who do we let go. Personally mine is

Toral/Hyndman will go back obviously

Senderos

Hill

Halliday

Windass

Garner

Waghorn

O'Halloran

Crooks

Dodoo

Who the fucks going to take them

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I'd keep all of them apart from Hodson; I can't see why you would keep him when he barely gets a game as it is. I'd keep Halliday, Holt, Waghorn, and Garner, because do we have the option of getting better with the budget we operate on. It is definitely the end of the line for the others, although if Rossiter were to get fit then who knows.

mate there are better than those three currently playing for other teams in the SPFL and to be honest I am not that fussed re Hodson, he can go as well.

Just now, Turnberry18 said:

If only we had a decent budget, that is what we really need.

yup. Someone I think said in another thread - we need someone who wants to blow £20 Million on players, not continue counting shares and loans and god knows what as "investment" and then act as if he is doing us all a favour.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

mate there are better than those three currently playing for other teams in the SPFL and to be honest I am not that fussed re Hodson, he can go as well.

Halliday, Waghorn and Garner would be high on my list of being shown the door  None of them anywhere near the quality we need.  Thought they were awful today.  I'm fed up with Waghorn missing good chances over an extended period, you know he is going to fuck it up. Garner doesn't even look like a football player. Halliday, no pace, no bite in a tackle and no vision. 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

yup. Someone I think said in another thread - we need someone who wants to blow £20 Million on players, not continue counting shares and loans and god knows what as "investment" and then act as if he is doing us all a favour.

20 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Get Rid:

Hill, Kiernan, Garner , Miller,  Halliday, Waghorn, Holt, Senderos, Kranjcar, Rossiter and MOH

Keep:

Wes, Hodson, Alnwick (assume he is ok), Wilson, Tav, Wallace, McKay, Windass  and Dodoo 

Try and keep:

Toral and Hyndman

I'd also add Bates and Berman to that list. Ideally we'd cull the lot of them but who's going to sign all that deadwood, plus there's no way we'd build a squad from he haw barring a 30 million cash injection and obviously that'll never happen

4 minutes ago, General Custer said:

I'd also add Bates and Berman to that list. Ideally we'd cull the lot of them but who's going to sign all that deadwood, plus there's no way we'd build a squad from he haw barring a 30 million cash injection and obviously that'll never happen

Hill, Miller senderos and krancjar will be gone - probably into retirement. We would need clubs to go for Kiernan, Garner, Halliday waghorn, Holt, Rossiter and MOH

I think we could get buyers or release most of them back down south to the lower divisions with the exception or Rossiter who appears permanently injured and nobody in their right mind would take at the moment

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Hill, Miller senderos and krancjar will be gone - probably into retirement. We would need clubs to go for Kiernan, Garner, Halliday waghorn, Holt, Rossiter and MOH

I think we could get buyers or release most of them back down south to the lower divisions with the exception or Rossiter who appears permanently injured and nobody in their right mind would take at the moment

I'd take any kind of fee for most of them tbh. We've spunked enough cash on these shiftless chancing bastards to have to pay them off

Only the 2 loanees and those out of contract in Miller Hill and Senderos are likely to go.

The others most agree have been shite so we'll be lucky if they're in demand elsewhere.

They'll go if THEY want to go rather than if we want them to.

Or we pay them off whilst funding new signings which we all know isn't going to happen.

We're in a mess for this summer unless PC can get better than the 5 I'd expect to leave as above, and gets more out of the rest who will likely go nowhere.

Shambles.

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Only the 2 loanees and those out of contract in Miller Hill and Senderos are likely to go.

The others most agree have been shite so we'll be lucky if they're in demand elsewhere.

Or we pay them off whilst funding new signings which we all know isn't going to happen.

We're in a mess for this summer unless PC can get better than the 5 I'd expect to leave as above, and gets more out of the rest who will likely go nowhere.

Shambles.

That's exactly what needs to happen. We need rid of them. The board have to step up and pay, for contract pay offs and new players. This squad needs ripped apart and rebuilt. Again. That will be 4 or 5 times in the last 5 or 6 years. Diabolical operating of any football club at any level never mind one as historically great in stature like ours. 

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Shambles.

they shouldnt be on contracts that are that big. We keep hearing how rich clubs are down south even in some of the lower divisions, so i would be surprised: 

1. that we have them on big contracts in the first place given our finances

2. clubs down south couldnt match them