***** The Official Rangers V Tarriers Match Thread *****

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Honest question troops what's needed in the summer? I certainly wouldn't know where to begin tbh

We are in a seriously bad state. Only positive is it surely can't get any worse. We are an awful team

This season was over when Warburton and Weir were in charge.   IMO they knew full well that they had made some signings that were simply not working and simply not able to deliver for a Rangers side in this league.  Same as Warburton and Weir knew, imo, that they were out of their depth and engineered things to jump ship before this real shit hat the fan.

Pedro was appointed and given the rest of this season to assess the squad, decide who stays and who he wants to see brought in, and to get 2nd if possible and European football next season if possible.   He's now had the benefit of seeing one OF game as an observer and managed the side for 2.   He must by now know who he wants for next season so the thing for me is now down to who goes, and who comes in......then the sort of start we make to next season.   He must in that time forge a side that wins sufficient number of games, and builds momentum from that to still be in with a credible title challenge this time next season.   Can he do that?  Don't know but its the manager and coaching team the Rangers Board has appointed so that's who we've got, like it or lump it.   Will King and the Board provide enough funds for Pedro to acquire a far better quality of player in Summer?  Now that's the big question.  For there is no doubt at all that better quality, ready to fit in to a side players are needed in central defence, midfield and (vitally) strikers.   

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It wasn't me. I was vocal in saying the biggest thing he won it was like a spastics sports day when you finish 7th or 8th but can still win the league after that. 

Fair enough I'm sure it was you but apologies 

we need to pick up a few seasoned pros in the summer, guys with a bit of grit who can read the game. If Pedro made us hard to beat to start with I could live with that but right now we've a bunch of wee lads running around out there and they are just not ready.

Just now, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Hope whatever resolution King wanted to push through goes through and that he invests a shit ton into the club.

Or a new board

King ain't investing anything. Neither is anyone else. If there was someone out there with money, they would have invested before now to sort this shit out, before it gets even worse. 

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Miller was a good, but not indispensable player for us just short of a decade ago.

At 37 he is now our biggest threat, and a key man.

It is depressing and a mark of where we are relative to where we were 

Miller and Hill are our best players.

Their best players are nearly half that age with their peak still to be reached

4 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

I don't know what the question is, but Andy Halliday is not the fucking answer.

The question is what changes can we make to push on and salvage at least a point and a bit of dignity from this game. 

But you're right, Andy Halliday is not the answer. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Yup. Exactly. Anyone with a brain cell can see that ... the one thing we don't need and Robertson and co go and do it.

Good work. 

It frustrates me no end.

We wait until its too late before starting on a road we should of went down when the time and patience would have been given. If we did things correctly, the gap would be a hell of a lot smaller.

The gulf in standard just now is huge. Celtic have 2 squads of players that are superior in almost every position to our very best squad.