Yesterday taught us nothing new

Gaz52

We can talk about how some players are terrible, about how the manager picked the wrong players etc.

But let's be honest here, Celtic are a far better team with better players in every position, with better players sitting on their bench than we've got in our starting 11. 

Does it make it hurt any less? Does it fuck. Probably makes it worse to be honest, seeing how far behind we are. 

I think our defence has looked a lot better since Pedro came and that's something we badly needed. I like the posters on here who go to youth games and give us reports and I respect their opinions, so this isn't a dig at them, but I read nothing but bad reviews on Bates but other than Hill, he's probably the best CB we've played this season. 

The forward players are shocking, there's no creativity at all, Waghorn has the first-touch of a trampoline and the same level of footballing-intelligence as Beyonce.

The only way we were getting a result yesterday was if Celtic had an off-day but they didn't, everyone of their players turned up and wanted it more than we did. They've beat us 4 times now and we got a draw at Parkhead because they were absolutely awful that day. 

I think the manager made two mistakes yesterday and that was starting Halliday over Toral and once again leaving Dodoo on the bench. But other than that, what are you expecting from him? They're millions of pounds ahead of us, PC has been here for 5 minutes, he's inherited a team of players more suited to the Championship than the SPL. He needs time, he needs money (LOL) and most of all he needs the fans behind him and his team next season. 

And lastly, far too much is being made of him "cuddling and laughing" with Rodgers, did it maybe cross your mind that the guy's pride was hurting? Putting on a brave face? He was obviously hurting, did you see his passion against Aberdeen? That doesn't strike me as a taig who doesn't care about Rangers. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Bates is a better player than Danny Wilson?

I give up.....

He's better than Senderos and Kiernan that's for damn sure. 

Bates is a good defender, he's got good awareness and applied pressure to their attack so they didn't get the space to get shots off. The first goal came from outside the box, the second was a penalty. 

So neither goal was his fault.

Our best defenders would likely be Hill, Wilson and Bates in that order. 

Far better my arse. The scum were borderline competent in a couple of phases of play and that might be flattering them.

They had a few players better than ours and one of those was, undeniably, the ref.

Furthermore, we were without 3 centrebacks, two full backs, our two "marquee" midfield signings (one of whom has left) and were playing two kids in defence.

Yesterday taught me that if we spend 2 or 3 million wisely, we'll be champions next year.

A key thing from yesterday, and from the game later this week, is what conclusions Pedro draws from having seen 3 OF games in a short period of time.   Key in terms of does he then see what needs to change for next season, what players need to go, what type of players does he need to get in, and can King provide enough money for a rebuild of the type he (Pedro) concludes is necessary.   

That knowledge, that insight, those experiences need to be translated into action to rebuild the team for next season.   It's not just some tinkering in some positions, its about creating a defence that knows how to defend properly and consistently well and about getting strikers that can score goals. We are just not potent enough in front of goal.   Pedro has his work cut out. 

It's unsurprising Warburton and the other 2 jumped ship when they did.  In this league they were phoneys whose talk was bigger than their abilities.  

5 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Bates is a good defender, he's got good awareness and applied pressure to their attack so they didn't get the space to get shots off. The first goal came from outside the box, the second was a penalty. 

I was surprised they managed to pass the ball into the net like that. I cant make my mind up if it was a great finish, or we fucked up royally.

1 minute ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

Far better my arse. The scum were borderline competent in a couple of phases of play and that might be flattering them.

They had a few players better than ours and one of those was, undeniably, the ref.

Furthermore, we were without 3 centrebacks, two full backs, our two "marquee" midfield signings (one of whom has left) and were playing two kids in defence.

Yesterday taught me that if we spend 2 or 3 million wisely, we'll be champions next year.

I'm with you bro, their back three are mince, CL qualifiers will confirm that soon enough!

Just now, gersandy said:

I was surprised they managed to pass the ball into the net like that. I cant make my mind up if it was a great finish, or we fucked up royally.

I've seen Wes save much more difficult shots than that. Some of the ones he saved vs Aberdeen were miles harder to save than that. 

Watching the replay, he doesn't even put that much power into the shot. 

2 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

I've seen Wes save much more difficult shots than that. Some of the ones he saved vs Aberdeen were miles harder to save than that. 

Watching the replay, he doesn't even put that much power into the shot. 

I think Wes was unsighted. I blame the midfield more for the 1st than I do the goalie.

14 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Says a lot about our squad that a boy signed from Raith for our unders team can come into the first team squad and already be in our top 3 defenders.

9 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

The table, the games we've played against them all tell me they're far better than us, we are nowhere near them. If you think 2-3m is the difference then I despair, they're going to strengthen in the summer as well. 

To quote Nigel Pearson - "Are you an Ostrich?" 

13 minutes ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

I wish that was the case but they will spend and get better even if we spend 10 million wisely it will be a tough ask.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

They haven't played great against us at all imo.

The 5-1 game went well for them, what I can remember. Everything seemed to click for them that day and it coincided with a defensive horror show from us.

Other than that I'd agree though, they haven't played well against us because they haven't had to. We make it easy for them.

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Worst part is they didn't even play well.

Pains me to say it, but Brown had his best game against us this season yesterday, the wee baldy midden should have been banned as well.

We couldn't get near any of their midfielders, their full-backs were in our half most of the game, their centre-backs could have had a sleep and still not let our forward line score.

Even through my blue-tinted specs I can see they played well yesterday and we had nothing in return. Other than a few half chances for Miller and Waghorn being Waghorn

Just now, Gaz52 said:

The table, the games we've played against them all tell me they're far better than us, we are nowhere near them. If you think 2-3m is the difference then I despair, they're going to strengthen in the summer as well. 

To quote Nigel Pearson - "Are you an Ostrich?" 

If they're that far ahead, why the fuck did they only win by a penalty and a shot that should have been stopped.

They are actually massively Warburtonesque; they look good when going forward on a good day, but otherwise flatter to deceive, are pretty shapeless for most of the match.

If I could abide the nosepeg and my sense of moral disgust, I could be a starter, if I slightly upped my treadmill routine.

I don't know why you're so keen to suck Brenda's cock. It makes me think you must be a cheap, tranny hooker.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We were terrible yesterday and apparently every scum player was at the top of their game, yet we still had about 4 clear chances to score.

The scums goals game from terrible goalkeeping, other than that what did they actually create?

As for the manager, he made more than two mistakes and handed them an easy first half, he is the main factor in the defeat and performance yesterday,

I'm going on facts, not media hype, I've watched us play them 5 times this season and 4 of those times they've beat us by out-playing us. I don't read any media stuff about Celtic at all, so that comment is a lot of shite.

And how is Pedro to blame for the players he didn't sign not being able to get near a Celtic player or not being able to put the ball away when they get the chance? Fanny.

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Even the 5-1 flattered them IMHO, we dominated the first 30 or so mins that day. 

Individual mistakes(been a theme all season) and getting a red card helped them massively. 

The bottling of Senderos and having Kiernan cost us, we were still rotten though.

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Pains me to say it, but Brown had his best game against us this season yesterday, the wee baldy midden should have been banned as well.

We couldn't get near any of their midfielders, their full-backs were in our half most of the game, their centre-backs could have had a sleep and still not let our forward line score.

Even through my blue-tinted specs I can see they played well yesterday and we had nothing in return. Other than a few half chances for Miller and Waghorn being Waghorn

I wasn't impressed by Brown at all yesterday tbh. He's had at least 1 better game against us.

I'd say I was surprised he got the MOTM award but tbh I think he was always getting that yesterday regardless of how he played.