***** The Official Scottish Youth Cup Final thread *****

Just now, M0NTY said:

Gilmour has not had much of an impact, he seems to be lost in midfield when the balls played high upfront. 

Celtic seem to be pressing him and not giving him time.  Our average age is 17.5 years old and the Celtic team are older and have played together more.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Billy Gilmour is still young and you shouldn't really judge on 45 minutes of football but he doesn't exactly look like this footballing superstar set to take the world by storm that he's been made out be!

He hasn't offered anything just seems to lose possession more often than not and get bullied off the ball. If he's not ready for this game he certainly isn't ready for the first team. Oh and he would get eaten alive at Chelsea all these big strong athletes that Chelsea produce would destroy him.

3 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I know Billy Gilmour is still young and you shouldn't really judge on 45 minutes of football but he doesn't exactly look like this footballing superstar set to take the world by storm that he's been made out be!

He hasn't offered anything just seems to lose possession more often than not and get bullied off the ball. If he's not ready for this game he certainly isn't ready for the first team. Oh and he would get eaten alive at Chelsea all these big strong athletes that Chelsea produce would destroy him.

Obviously he isn't ready for the first team, he is 15 years old.

Fifteen. Years. Old

1 minute ago, Captain Hilts said:

A couple of years more experience makes a huge difference at this level. 

There all roughly 18/19/20 with a few 17 ish players, there only real gap is Gilmour. 

Its massively overstated. 

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Score line doesn't look great but there are 3 or 4 who have a chance of making it IMO, Atakayi certainly the stand out so far.........

By far the best bear on the pitch. Like the look of Rudden but like the Glasgow cup final he's not really getting on the ball

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Fifteen. Years. Old

He is only pointing out that the clamour to get him to sign his first pro contract with us is based on him getting 1st team action next season 

Just now, RDFM said:

There all roughly 18/19/20 with a few 17 ish players, there only real gap is Gilmour. 

The McCrorie brothers are both 20 I think but Gimour aside I'm sure the rest are only 17 or 18.

The tims side are 19 and 20 years old, some of which have first team experience. 

What is it with this club and defending long punts down the park and corner kicks?.honest take fuck .i watched Man City take 7 off of that mob 3 months ago and we make them look good because nobody can attack a ball properly

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Fifteen. Years. Old

Well we've had people on here saying we should get him in the first team as soon as possible to keep hold of him but there is not a chance he should be rushed in.

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

Whats the ages?

TBH I'm not expecting to see the benefits of Mulholland and Warburtons changes to the youth system for another couple of years. It doesn't happen overnight but we have the right people in place in Murty and Mulholland to improve our youth system. 

I'd be surprised if any players in that team that were under Sinclairs reign make it with us. 

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

The McCrorie brothers are both 20 I think but Gimour aside I'm sure the rest are only 17 or 18.

The tims side are 19 and 20 years old, some of which have first team experience. 

They have first team experience because they're better and there is a number of 18 year olds for Celtic playing and Aitchson who is 17.